Not open for further replies.

Jimih

Country flag

indiatester

Country flag

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Write something else
The pictures of China's Type 03 long-range rocket launchers performing precision strikes. Many people say that the rocket launchers have poor accuracy, which is wrong.
View attachment 108795
View attachment 108796
View attachment 108797
View attachment 108798
If PLA wants to be taken seriously, demonstrate results in international military competitions. People will NEVER EVER believe CCP videos. Plus, terminal phase-only videos generally are associated with huge propaganda, as there is a deliberate attempt to hide flight trajectories and fuel exhaust profiles - both indicators of efficacy of the weapon. So, given the lack of flight paths and fuel profiles, I dismiss the video as Cheaply Conceived Propaganda, which is what the CCP really is.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
China has started construction again in South Pangong Tso after Feb 21 agreement, although not significant, more vehicular movement and an increase in military barracks/huts can be observed.
That's the thing - these pangolin eaters already broke a bunch of agreements when they savagely bludgeoned our soldiers. Does the GoI believe that the bat munchers will stick to the newer agreements? Cheating, backstabbing, savagery, barbarism, lying, infidelity, no respect for humanity, bullying, craze for money, moral and financial corruption etc is in the DNA of every CCP member. In fact that is the basic qualification for one to become a CCP member. Given this, our strategic community's assessment should be that the slimy CCP eels will violate every single agreement. They have broken almost all agreements signed since the CCP took over China. If GoI takes decisions based on the CCP thugs honoring agreements, then it is we who would come across as very foolish and would suffer and deserve the consequences. India's foreign policy has always been shaky and very weak, and I hope the External Affairs Ministry (which is part of the Cabinet Committee on Security) does not mislead GoI into taking disastrous decisions.
When dealing with slippery eels, the best strategy is shock and awe to eliminate the threat once and for all.

Waanar

Country flag
Very interesting report.

I'll be reading the ATP source today.

Waanar

Country flag
Very interesting report.

I'll be reading the ATP source today.
IMG_20210907_083553.jpg

China has an entirely new arm dedicated solely to EW, support, space warfare (man, we live in interesting times) and I'd assume strategic intel too.
Meanwhile we fail to formulate a good propaganda wing.
Quite troubling.

Also interesting is the separate arm for logistics and supply.
Something we'll suffer in due to our overreliance of foreign imports and varied forms of arms and lack of spare parts interchangeability.

IndianYonko

Country flag
View attachment 108879
China has an entirely new arm dedicated solely to EW, support, space warfare (man, we live in interesting times) and I'd assume strategic intel too.
Meanwhile we fail to formulate a good propaganda wing.
Quite troubling.

Also interesting is the separate arm for logistics and supply.
Something we'll suffer in due to our overreliance of foreign imports and varied forms of arms and lack of spare parts interchangeability.
Pls make a note; of important pointsand its page numbers, if possible. Not detailed, just like indexing important parts.

Waanar

Country flag
Pls make a note; of important pointsand its page numbers, if possible. Not detailed, just like indexing important parts.
Alright.
people's war.jpg

I'll consider our context here.
The first one is an age old principle since WW2. In our context, I'd say (and keep in mind I'm just a civvie) this means we should either distribute our forces evenly and avoid having them manning far flung outposts with little to no chance of backup OR if necessary, give some heavy firepower to those far flung outposts.
Either you make a wall of men with no weak links, or arm the "weak" links to the teeth with HMGs and good AD cover.
Second point is self explanatory and common sense.

Third point is very interesting.
Either the Chinese faltered on their own code, or never planned on engaging India in a war for Ladakh's territory in the last standoff with the latter being more likely.
They focused on territory rather than eliminating our fighting capability.
Fourth point reinforces my theory- The Chinese never expected India to fight back thus, the carelessness.
Fifth point has a simple answer- Mirror their deployment in every sector. Never allow them numerical superiority. Force them to violate their own code.

The rest of the points go beyond a few words and could be a thesis unto themselves although the combining of mobile, guerrilla and positional warfare are your classic Hybrid warfare principles repackaged in a different wording.
For more elaboration, read Page 23/252 onwards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deception.jpg

Now we come to deception. As is written, PLA values deception much like Nazis did propaganda (there is a difference!) and consider it the biggest achievement to win a war without bloodshed like Sun Tzu states.
The best general is the one who wins a war non lethally.
Thus comes propaganda, trickery and using international laws to undermine another nation's war efforts.
This further break into three parts-

1- Public opinion warfare- Basically using the media to shape public opinion and giving stage to only those whose voice will be helpful to their end-goal. Simple, really.

2- Psychological warfare- Recent propaganda videos which showed PLAA soldiers eating hot food in Tibet and their thermal beds and whatnot while the poor Indian soldier freezes to death. Again, not too much nuance.

3- Legal warfare- Using narratives to turn international laws against any opposition.

For further elaboration, read 26/252 onwards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further on, it goes into a lot of generalities like how PLA approaches missions like US approaches campaigns. Instead of the "We shall depose Gaddafi's government in Libya and we're launching a campaign for it", China launches an entire campaign for... say... Tripoli. This keeps the mission profile narrow and allows the leadership to stay centralized, true to how China operates.
It also mentions China is trying to move towards decentralization of leadership, but it's yet to see fruitful results.

PLA rank structure.jpg

I won't write anything on rank structure and simply leave you with this diagram because we civvies don't need to bother too much with such intricacies, the thread would get a bit too long and I find it incredibly boring.
The diagram is pretty elaborate unto itself.
Just know that the rank structure is highly politicized unlike ours or US military and somewhat fluid where one command not normally subservient to another may become so in special cases like Xinjiang.
For elaboration, read the entirety of Chapter 2, page 32/252 onwards.

Moving onto Chapter 3, it mentions the capability of PLAAF.
Notable points are - The cold war era jets can't carry out operations in all weather and terrain and are being replaced rapidly, and in the bid to acquire more and more modern aircrafts, PLAAF maintenance and pilot suffer because of lack of spare parts (which is being improved upon rapidly). These modern aircrafts have standoff capability and can use precision guided munitions (duh).
Also, US doesn't know much about the capability of the Chinese Fifth gen fighters.

Also, much like the Luftwaffe-Fallschirmjager dynamic, the Airborne corp of PLA is wedded to the PLAAF and not the Army. Just an interesting sidenote.

Personal note- Shiv Surg's channel once remarked that since a picture of Chinese 5th gen jet had it covered by a normal shitty rag, it probably didn't have thermal masking coat or sensitive cover or something (I dunno, I'm no engineer) which means it probably doesn't have well developed radar evasion tech.
For further elaboration, read 49/252 onwards.

About PLAN, it mentions it being the second largest in terms of tonnage and third largest in terms of number of surface combatants.
I don't know much about Naval terms so I won't embarrass myself by talking further on it.
For further elaboration, read 51/252 onwards.

I'll break this post up into a few parts since we all know the attention span these days.

Also, please keep in mind I have a massive dick which compensates for my pea sized brain so I might miss some important points. This is just a compilation of things I found interesting as a civvie who didn't have even the common knowledge a defence enthusiast should have about PLA just a few hours back.

Source-

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Alright.
View attachment 108888
I'll consider our context here.
The first one is an age old principle since WW2. In our context, I'd say (and keep in mind I'm just a civvie) this means we should either distribute our forces evenly and avoid having them manning far flung outposts with little to no chance of backup OR if necessary, give some heavy firepower to those far flung outposts.
Either you make a wall of men with no weak links, or arm the "weak" links to the teeth with HMGs and good AD cover.
Second point is self explanatory and common sense.

Third point is very interesting.
Either the Chinese faltered on their own code, or never planned on engaging India in a war for Ladakh's territory in the last standoff with the latter being more likely.
They focused on territory rather than eliminating our fighting capability.
Fourth point reinforces my theory- The Chinese never expected India to fight back thus, the carelessness.
Fifth point has a simple answer- Mirror their deployment in every sector. Never allow them numerical superiority. Force them to violate their own code.

The rest of the points go beyond a few words and could be a thesis unto themselves although the combining of mobile, guerrilla and positional warfare are your classic Hybrid warfare principles repackaged in a different wording.
For more elaboration, read Page 23/252 onwards.

View attachment 108891
Now we come to deception. As is written, PLA values deception much like Nazis did propaganda (there is a difference!) and consider it the biggest achievement to win a war without bloodshed like Sun Tzu states.
The best general is the one who wins a war non lethally.
Thus comes propaganda, trickery and using international laws to undermine another nation's war efforts.
This further break into three parts-

1- Public opinion warfare- Basically using the media to shape public opinion and giving stage to only those whose voice will be helpful to their end-goal. Simple, really.

2- Psychological warfare- Recent propaganda videos which showed PLAA soldiers eating hot food in Tibet and their thermal beds and whatnot while the poor Indian soldier freezes to death. Again, not too much nuance.

3- Legal warfare- Using narratives to turn international laws against any opposition.

For further elaboration, read 26/252 onwards.

Further on, it goes into a lot of generalities like how PLA approaches missions like US approaches campaigns. Instead of the "We shall depose Gaddafi's government in Libya and we're launching a campaign for it", China launches an entire campaign for... say... Tripoli. This keeps the mission profile narrow and allows the leadership to stay centralized, true to how China operates.
It also mentions China is trying to move towards decentralization of leadership, but it's yet to see fruitful results.

View attachment 108894

I won't write anything on rank structure and simply leave you with this diagram because we civvies don't need to bother too much with such intricacies, the thread would get a bit too long and I find it incredibly boring.
The diagram is pretty elaborate unto itself.
Just know that the rank structure is highly politicized unlike ours or US military and somewhat fluid where one command not normally subservient to another may become so in special cases like Xinjiang.
For elaboration, read the entirety of Chapter 2, page 32/252 onwards.

Moving onto Chapter 3, it mentions the capability of PLAAF.
Notable points are - The cold war era jets can't carry out operations in all weather and terrain and are being replaced rapidly, and in the bid to acquire more and more modern aircrafts, PLAAF maintenance and pilot suffer because of lack of spare parts (which is being improved upon rapidly). These modern aircrafts have standoff capability and can use precision guided munitions (duh).
Also, US doesn't know much about the capability of the Chinese Fifth gen fighters.

Also, much like the Luftwaffe-Fallschirmjager dynamic, the Airborne corp of PLA is wedded to the PLAAF and not the Army. Just an interesting sidenote.

Personal note- Shiv Surg's channel once remarked that since a picture of Chinese 5th gen jet had it covered by a normal shitty rag, it probably didn't have thermal masking coat or sensitive cover or something (I dunno, I'm no engineer) which means it probably doesn't have well developed radar evasion tech.
For further elaboration, read 49/252 onwards.

About PLAN, it mentions it being the second largest in terms of tonnage and third largest in terms of number of surface combatants.
I don't know much about Naval terms so I won't embarrass myself by talking further on it.
For further elaboration, read 51/252 onwards.

I'll break this post up into a few parts since we all know the attention span these days.

Also, please keep in mind I have a massive dick which compensates for my pea sized brain so I might miss some important points. This is just a compilation of things I found interesting as a civvie who didn't have even the common knowledge a defence enthusiast should have about PLA just a few hours back.

Source-
Many times the speculation about PLA comes from the opacity of the information. Generally speaking, the coating of J20 is graphene-coated iron oxide compound.
As for the fighting ability of PPLAAF, to be honest, you must first understand its composition and development.
PLA’s war theory comes more from the French army and the Soviet army at the end of the Cold War, which is very different from the US army.

Waanar

Country flag
Many times the speculation about PLA comes from the opacity of the information. Generally speaking, the coating of J20 is graphene-coated iron oxide compound.
As for the fighting ability of PPLAAF, to be honest, you must first understand its composition and development.
PLA’s war theory comes more from the French army and the Soviet army at the end of the Cold War, which is very different from the US army.
PLA is definitely trying to move towards USA's expeditionary nature now and is in a weird transition phase.

Any good resource on French Army doctrine after cold war btw?

We all know the Soviet like nature of PLA but that's well in the past. What do you infer this "French" correlation from, btw?

The Shrike

Country flag
Article on construction activity in Depsang, not much by way of details. OSINT usually report these weeks/months before MSM and with more details (I think it has been not I'm not keeping track).

LAC: China continues construction in 'occupied' territory
The latest ground reports from Depsang Plains suggest the PLA has intensified construction works in the occupied zone and has been building concrete shelters and additional military camps for its soldiers,” said an ITBP official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles