India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

captscooby81

Country flag
Might be related to Galwan clash when injured were evacuated by IAF on time to get treatment or may be the May incident in pangang when Col and 50 others were injured in clash with chinese in which the Col had serious injuries and needed to be air lifted to chandigarh

Below is his quotes from speech.

* Singh congratulated the IAF by saying that during the recent unfortunate incident at the border, the swift and deliberate action taken near the Line of Actual Control (LAC) shows the commitment of the air warriors.

Did Chinese jets try to intrude ?

mokoman

Country flag
Might be related to Galwan clash when injured were evacuated by IAF on time to get treatment or may be the May incident in pangang when Col and 50 others were injured in clash with chinese in which the Col had serious injuries and needed to be air lifted to chandigarh
Its from here , Sept 10

Sehwag213

Country flag
They are on the LAC if my eyes serve me right. China did not comment on anything except for Rechin La, neither has GoI.

Correction: Thakung is on the Indian side, and China has not mentioned it as well.
Where did SFF soldier die ?

captscooby81

Country flag
For people who are wondering how did we reach the top of F4 or F3 . here is the below road which goes from start of Pangang Tso to all the way to the line which we call our International boundary . one can understand why we chosen this area as our IB simply because there is a road which goes all the way behind the fingers to this area and its easier to patrol rather going over peaks or around the lake shore

its called ANE Pass road right from this road we can reach all the peaks of Finger area from 1-8 .

chinese have a motorable road till LAC in this pass

Ane Pass.jpg

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Its from here , Sept 10

I strongly feel the visit of French Defense Minister is an indirect signal to chinks that France will be with India shoulder to shoulder if at all any armed conflict happens between the two.

shade

Country flag
I strongly feel the visit of French Defense Minister is an indirect signal to chinks that France will be with India shoulder to shoulder if at all any armed conflict happens between the two.
Military supplies yes.
Military support no.
Sanctions no( won't have an effect without the whole EU behind it anyway ).
Condemnation jhumle yes.

Btw US, France, Russia, Israel will love it if chinks force war upon us, "emergency procurement" will hit the roof.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Sir, why come down to personal jibes? Just because I prefer to know & inform the truth, and not stay in the quagmire of misinformation spread by our own countrymen for some moments of fools-heaven, does not mean I am a propagandist and troll.

Let's not become stuck into our own lies like Pakistan & China. Critical thinking is invaluable. That does not mean I am not supporting my country.

Now to your question, -

View attachment 58989
I have drawn a 10 km radius from Sirijap. An L70 Bofors can fire up to 12km effectively. MANPADS also have a similar range.

What is stopping them from carrying out a similar sortie?
Yes, as I said I do not agree because I think the chances of survival are low. I, however, can be wrong as I, in no way claim to be a military expert.
There is difference between trying to know and telling... you were telling.

A helicopter will follow the folds of the mountains and try remain hidden, There is difference between a helicopter being up in the sky and being around hills on top of you when your Bofors or Zsu will not be so effective.

Carrying out heliborne operations in a location where the enemy has already dropped troops is asking for sure shot death and destruction.

Anti heliborne operations take a lot of deliberations, planning and earmarking of troops in advance. That involves identification of likely drop areas and putting ant heliborne troops nearby to counter such operations. In such difficult mountains, it amounts to placing troops at at such identified places that might not have been done by the Chinese.

The places of hell landing are very carefully selected, reconnoitered and also kept under surveillance, If Black Top is under Indian control, that is the place from where constant surveillance can be mounted on opposite hill features and helicopter can also be guided.

What is so great about it. A few helicopters get into a safe and secure Shyok valley, just climb up and follow the ridgeline southwards, come lower on the helidrop site and get away safely over Karakoram mountains and land back at Leh or Nimmu.. ...

It is highly doable.. Mountain Strike Corps will do it... and if I know Gen Savneet well he will definitely do it..

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Military supplies yes.
Military support no.
Condemnation jhumle yes.

Btw US, France, Russia, Israel will love it if chinks force war upon us, "emergency procurement" will hit the roof.
India should pray smart. Get the FDI and pacts done with them. Set up manufacturing units along with ToT and expertise. Behest , ask tell them Yes and get a Yes from them.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Having secured domination over North and South of the lake , it is now the question of when does the firing start,, I can assure you no Chinese PLA soldier in Moldo bawl and Northen bank of Pangong Tso will survive ... Depsang position of the Chinese will be the first to be wiped out.. I am sure SFF and SF and Ladakh Scouts will be practicing that every day...

Next will be Chinese inside Galwan vally who will be just butchered at leisure by Apaches and it will be another Longewala.

The more the Chinese keep pushing soldiers in these areas the more they reinforce their failure..

captscooby81

Country flag
But but as per the CBM Protocols both army were not supposed to use weapons right ? reason why chinese are carrying their cultural identity sticks near spangur lake to face indian's

the minute chinese fires AA gun or use MANPADS don't you think that means all guns blazing from our side on their positions ?

So the best chinese can do is send their soldiers to physically dislodge ours who are getting heli dropped or pre-empt and occupy those peaks before Indian troops reach .

I have drawn a 10 km radius from Sirijap. An L70 Bofors can fire up to 12km effectively. MANPADS also have a similar range.

What is stopping them from carrying out a similar sortie?
Yes, as I said I do not agree because I think the chances of survival are low. I, however, can be wrong as I, in no way claim to be a military expert.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

But but as per the CBM Protocols both army were not supposed to use weapons right ? reason why chinese are carrying their cultural sticks near spangur lake to face indian's

the minute chinese fires AA gun or use MANPADS don't you think that means all guns blazing from our side on their positions ?

So the best chinese can do is send their soldiers to physically dislodge ours who are getting heli dropped or pre-empt and occupy those peaks before Indian troops reach .
There are not going to lawyers trying to prove who shot first....it will be claimed by the one with offensive in mind to blame it on other party like they did in 1962.

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Military supplies yes.
Military support no.
Condemnation jhumle yes.

Do we still have to procure?

Can't we fastrack tejas production

omaebakabaka

Having secured domination over North and South of the lake , it is now the question of when does the firing start,, I can assure you no Chinese PLA soldier in Moldo bawl and Northen bank of Pangong Tso will survive ... Depsang position of the Chinese will be the first to be wiped out.. I am sure SFF and SF and Ladakh Scouts will be practicing that every day...

Next will be Chinese inside Galwan vally who will be just butchered at leisure by Apaches and it will be another Longewala.

The more the Chinese keep pushing soldiers in these areas the more they reinforce their failure..
I hope your optimism is true but its just too easy to imagine a heli without getting noticed on those peaks beyond F4 especially since the surprize is kinda gone. With heights we do have domination in shooting war but that may be true lets say till F8 but the war suddenly does not stop at F8....so the caution perhaps?

Jaymax61

Ek hota hai Chutia
Ek hota hai Chaman Chutia
Ek hota hai Maha Chutia

Fir aata hai ye Chinka.

Assuming one drone can drop 20 meals (Each weighing 500 gms) - This is being generous

They will need 500 drones for every 10000 troops IFF the troops are evenly spread. Then logistics of packaging, charging and controlling the drones.

Then questions like how these teeny weeny motors will work in the thin mountain air.

Finally to deliver hot meals in extra cool places the launch pad needs to be close to the troops. BC itna chutiapa kyon karna hai ... meal carrier van le aao.

#HiTechChutiye

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
I hope your optimism is true but its just too easy to imagine a heli without getting noticed on those peaks beyond F4 especially since the surprize is kinda gone. With heights we do have domination in shooting war but that may be true lets say till F8 but the war suddenly does not stop at F8....so the caution perhaps?

Maybe we have modified some dhruvs like us did with its blackhawks to make them less detectable

omaebakabaka

Maybe we have modified some dhruvs like us did with its blackhawks to make them less detectable
If anything, IR sensors will work better in that cold climate than in other back ground. However manpads are not going to be that effective all times, considering they would have to do some tight turns when there is no straight line of sight. It is possible but surprise is gone now, so Chinese have to be on alert if I have to guess on the remaining peaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles