India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Things from meeting are coming out

LAC standoff: India won't de-escalate until there is complete disengagement, says Jaishankar

Interesting!

During the talks in Moscow on Thursday night, some of which got a little heated, Jaishankar laid out India’s bottomlines — first, that the overall India-China relationship would suffer if there was no peace on the border
No wonder Jaishankar came out smiling.

Interestingly, the Chinese readout of the meeting has Jaishankar saying that, “the Indian side did not consider the development of India-China relations to be dependent on the settlement of the boundary question and India does not want to go backwards.” Indian officials at the meeting told TOI, India had emphasised that the relationship was dependent on a peaceful border. The Chinese side has been pushing the idea that the overall relationship can be insulated from the boundary crisis.
So yesterday's "bilateral" statement is indeed just a unilateral rant from China.

Suhaldev

Country flag
Important questions

1. whats the aim of sending para behind enemy lines when objective is no war? few hundred men cant force sizeable chinese force between f4-f8? correct?

2. Even Nitin G, also said BT, GT are not under our control but chinese are rattled due to our advances on others hilltops and on finger areas.

3. Nathans analysis is not fully correct too as he took roads as reference points but there are no roads on india side.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Important questions

1. whats the aim of sending para behind enemy lines when objective is no war? few hundred men cant force sizeable chinese force between f4-f8? correct?

2. Even Nitin G, also said BT, GT are not under our control but chinese are rattled due to our advances on others hilltops and on finger areas.

3. Nathans analysis is not fully correct too as he took roads as reference points but there are no roads on india side.
1. The objective is to get our territory (plus some more as loan interest) back at all costs. War or no war.

2. Seems like we needlessly demonized Gokhale, he is indeed right.

3. Well, Chinese camps are of red color. Indian, olive-green (looks black from satellite images). And roads are mostly correct because supplies are fetched from the road. You cannot sustain troops without supplies. Also, even a single thin walking trail gets visible when you look at the larger terrain from the top.

CuriousIndian

Country flag
Sb settle down Hojaye fir Iska bhi Hisaab hoga,Ache se Hoga.
Search 'dailymail UK Chinese virologist' on Twitter

and select latest tweets.

You will se 5-7 tweets, all indian handles.

After the Taiwan fiasco, it's becoming really tough to trust info indian osint is posting. Good to confuse the bad guys, but difficult to react to any of their updates without much doubt.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I have to say I don't believe Sir Hellfire here. Why? Simply because it is not feasible & practical.
  • China won't sit back and see our heli dropping soldiers on F5-onwards. F5 onwards is a heavily militarized zone and heli will come under immediate AA fire.
  • Even if we assume troops can be inserted, they won't be able to sustain more than a few hours long because, without a clear supply route, they will be just surrounded and captured.
Which country are you from ??
AA Fire at 6000m height. Chinese are ten km done below and they will come and surround them.... It will take four days for the Chinese to climb up and be ambushed while doing so.

When Indians are occupying the height on top of Figer3 and Finger4 then linking up further to areas on top of Finger5 to eight would not be difficult.

In 1962 we had many posts which were only air Maintained. in 2020 we can not plan on that ??

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Things from meeting are coming out

LAC standoff: India won't de-escalate until there is complete disengagement, says Jaishankar

So. Foreign ministry should have given a statement to this effect.. when the chinese statement put words into Jaishankar's mouth saying Border dispute and India-China relationship are not linked

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
It is possible that Sir Hellfire may be right about the heli-operation. Inserting troops behind enemy lines without backup is indeed done, and actually is the original task of para-airborne forces.
I still have doubts tho, because the Chinese will easily detect them and their forces will also reach there within no time.

However, I can confirm with (97% surety) Blacktop, Gurung top/Yellow bump is under Chinese control. In short, Nathan's analysis yesterday was indeed correct. They have a clear view of the entire Chusul general area as well from there.
As proof, I won't say I have X-contacts who I can't name. Have a look here - (link) yourself. You will need a fine eye for detail and some interpolation skills to make sense.

I also did not notice any presence of IA on Magar hills (I can be wrong here, so not verified). We, however, have a sizeable presence in the Rechin La - Rezang La ridge area.
True to your Tag line " Haram Troll"...

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Reports that China has refused to grant permission to TikTok to sell its US operations over 'security concerns'. Proves that TikTok user data was used as a part of China's surveillance and intel gathering programs.

Wolfpack.

CuriousIndian

Country flag
Important questions

war or armed conflict is never an objective but a means to achieve an objective.

To get into the negotiation table, it's always good to have cards to play. India is just smarter now and it's making China rattled.

You can't go to negotiation table and not expect to concede a few things, perhaps it's just our way of banking on stuff to concede to seem like we're not being unreasonable while strictly retaining April status quo ante.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles