India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
btw kuch nahi hoga, the ching chongs only prefer war if it is swift and decisive, like say grabbing Taiwan for example.
They will do nothing now and when everything goes back to "normal" i.e Yindos are complacent again, by 2021 or 2022 they will again appear someplace else for salami slicing.
In a sense with the build up at the LAC their move of salami slicing for this year back fired badly on them.
can’t really say, PLA has till November end to make their moves.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
They surely are by now. They have moved a lot of forces into high-altitude Tibetian plateaus to acclimatize them.
Preparation-wise, they sure might have miscalculated the might of the mountains initially and got the brunt of it when they tried to challenge the mother nature. But as they are spending more and more time in forwarding areas, they will learn the way of the mountains, I am afraid.

Regarding nuclear deterrence, I have mentioned here earlier, countries with nuclear devices understand the implication of nuclear warfare and MAD. Even if a single nuclear missile finds its way over Delhi or Beijing, it will create a catastrophe on an unimaginable scale.
Hence, the use of nuclear power is seen more like a "mutual suicide", whose threshold of use is extremely high, like the loss of a large amount of territory such that it may threaten the existence of the country itself.

For Lakdah / Aksai Chin, neither India nor China will press the mutual suicide button. Because if you think rationally, the loss of Ladakh or Aksai Chin has no large-scale implication on citizens of any of the country (Just ask yourself, is 3/4th of the India / China ready to be vaporized to protect Ladakh/Aksai Chin?).

So if any of the countries can live for tomorrow, it will choose to do so for another chance of fighting back or just existing.
2-3 brigades aclaimatized are not going to win them any thing.

On nukes you are missing my point actually you are quite generic with your comments; reason best known to you.

As far a skirmish or battle is kept below artillery threshold which requires elbow grease and men on the ground the Chinese are never going to win; winters, summers or spring notwithstanding. Soon they go above that threshold in a haste to win decisively they have to make a call on failing their nuclear deterrence because India will act preemptively; resultant climbing the escalation ladder to nukes will be the only outcome. Not to mention Russians and Americans will be watching them to lose their nukes with glee.

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Do it. Stop your chinese grandstanding and man up for once.

ninja hattori

Country flag
China believes in propaganda. They have intent of grabbing land but without fight. They will not fight well prepared enemy. IMHO.
an under rated comment. They will go back and wait for congress to come. They will try to destabilize India. The moment they realize its not gonna be a easy win they can and will go back. lets see what transpires in future.

shade

Country flag

Hellfire

Country flag
Firstly.

intro-1565816670.jpg

I think he is right the area around F4-F8 is physically lost. Now LAC will be manned like this round the clock & no salami slicing will be possible. In case China tries something response will be given. But those 24sq km along F4-F8 is lost for the time being.
Well, I make "educated" guesses after lurking around on Defence Forums (I apparently am so vella that I hop from one forum to another all day around) and am a pretty low paid guy ;) so have to be a bullshit artist (sorry for that)

That is why have posted the screenshots. So that it is amply clear that the path that has been taken was always what was expected & was the prevalent thought at the time. But then, people need confessions from the top man and even if he admits something, he also won't be believed as people will believe what they want to believe at the end of the day.

On topic - Not for the time being; for the time till as such a moment comes where they lose patience and open up a war.

As a Chinese "watcher" (self claimed as my info is purely from DFI & the nukkad chai shop as I apparently know jack ;)) India, as a thrust for PRC, is done with. Apart from the usual nonsense of videos & PR releases tom toming their infrastructure thrust and shiny toys, PRC has moved on from India as a focus, having achieved their objectives of calling out an Indian 'bluff' (in their view) over both Aksai Chin and GB. The deployment and strengthening of infrastructure on their side is more of - dissuasive (in case India decides to actually launch an attack and 'cost imposing' - for India will need to match and surpass, with greater difficulties on our side due to the topography as compared to their side.

Now, instead, they will fuel the internal dissent and politics and tie down the GoI with it. With WB elections coming up and apparent attempt by BJP to place Ganguly as CM candidate (rumor mills have Anurag Thakur likely moving in to BCCI if not for HM's son), there is going to be enough to distract the decision makers internally.

For the Chinese, even the Taiwan issue is a feint, they are consolidating their 'hold' in two key areas (as per them):

1. Africa - irrespective of reports that do crop up over Chinese loans projecting them in a bad picture, the truth remains that majority of the nations are too poor and have rather despotic regimes in power. These regimes need a mix of weapons (Chinese provide at low cost, lower than any other producer) & soft 'loans' easily accessible to show development, to continue their tenuous hold over power.

2. Eastern Europe and troubled economies of Southern Europe viz Greece, Italy. These are their access to the EEZ and the indirect access to technology that would otherwise take them lot of investment to perfect on their own - even today, Additionally, the little bit of 'influence' these countries bring into the European Union on behalf of PRC, is the added benefit.

Hellfire

Country flag
an under rated comment. They will go back and wait for congress to come. They will try to destabilize India. The moment they realize its not gonna be a easy win they can and will go back. lets see what transpires in future.

They do not need to fight. Please get that fact clear.

We have ended up giving up territory, whether one wants to acknowledge the fact or not.

FalconZero

Country flag
Firstly.

View attachment 62150

Well, I make "educated" guesses after lurking around on Defence Forums (I apparently am so vella that I hop from one forum to another all day around) and am a pretty low paid guy ;) so have to be a bullshit artist (sorry for that)

That is why have posted the screenshots. So that it is amply clear that the path that has been taken was always what was expected & was the prevalent thought at the time. But then, people need confessions from the top man and even if he admits something, he also won't be believed as people will believe what they want to believe at the end of the day.

On topic - Not for the time being; for the time till as such a moment comes where they lose patience and open up a war.

As a Chinese "watcher" (self claimed as my info is purely from DFI & the nukkad chai shop as I apparently know jack ;)) India, as a thrust for PRC, is done with. Apart from the usual nonsense of videos & PR releases tom toming their infrastructure thrust and shiny toys, PRC has moved on from India as a focus, having achieved their objectives of calling out an Indian 'bluff' (in their view) over both Aksai Chin and GB. The deployment and strengthening of infrastructure on their side is more of - dissuasive (in case India decides to actually launch an attack and 'cost imposing' - for India will need to match and surpass, with greater difficulties on our side due to the topography as compared to their side.

Now, instead, they will fuel the internal dissent and politics and tie down the GoI with it. With WB elections coming up and apparent attempt by BJP to place Ganguly as CM candidate (rumor mills have Anurag Thakur likely moving in to BCCI if not for HM's son), there is going to be enough to distract the decision makers internally.

For the Chinese, even the Taiwan issue is a feint, they are consolidating their 'hold' in two key areas (as per them):

1. Africa - irrespective of reports that do crop up over Chinese loans projecting them in a bad picture, the truth remains that majority of the nations are too poor and have rather despotic regimes in power. These regimes need a mix of weapons (Chinese provide at low cost, lower than any other producer) & soft 'loans' easily accessible to show development, to continue their tenuous hold over power.

2. Eastern Europe and troubled economies of Southern Europe viz Greece, Italy. These are their access to the EEZ and the indirect access to technology that would otherwise take them lot of investment to perfect on their own - even today, Additionally, the little bit of 'influence' these countries bring into the European Union on behalf of PRC, is the added benefit.
So in the end, it will be LOC like the situation at LAC too now? Permanent presence on both sides? Does that mean they are playing the waiting game now for another party(congis) to come in power/aid them in that pursuit to further their presence/control?

Hellfire

Country flag
key word "plateau" areas. Inhe plateau areas me bhi thermal shelter chahiye that too at the highest plateau of world. :crazy::dude:

What is wrong with providing good facilities for your troops? Honestly, I would like to know that.

Does one have to always live like a street bum to show 'tougness'?

Then, in that case, US must be a purely weak kneed force for they have their prefabs, dish tvs, LEDs, gensets, centrally heated habitats, flying in for their posts. And they simply throw the stuff away when winding down, no "backloading" of even unrepairable equipment like Indian forces have to do.

Trust me, this is not a point to ridicule them over.

Hellfire

Country flag
So in the end, it will be LOC like the situation at LAC too now? Permanent presence on both sides? Does that mean they are playing the waiting game now for another party(congis) to come in power/aid them in that pursuit to further their presence/control?

1. It was always going to be so. Heck, I posted in June 12th post itself that long term deployment will be there now unless PRC fires the first shot. Which it did not - till date.

2. And no, they don't need Congress in either. BJP has its own 'black holes'.

shade

Country flag
They get their land grabs even with modi govt in power, only the intensity on land grabs is reduced to some degree.
Perhaps their stunts here may cause a change in the way how GoI deals with the yearly chinese landgrab, or maybe not.
LAC is hot now, next they will appear in the tri-junction that their ghulam Oli and his shabjee-shabjee screeching fellows claim, or Sikkim or Arunachal, AP seems the most promising candidate though for landgrabs, the whole area is mountainous and hard to effectively control/patrol I think.

The chinese are like the rat or lizard that gets in your house, once they are in it is very hard to remove them.

FalconZero

Country flag
1. It was always going to be so. Heck, I posted in June 12th post itself that long term deployment will be there now unless PRC fires the first shot. Which it did not - till date.

2. And no, they don't need Congress in either. BJP has its own 'black holes'.
I was intrigued by LOC part because it seems hosting more than 60k+ proly more soldiers in such conditions for such a long duration, assuming it will be the new normal then for years, is just not a practical solution, accounting for all the cost measures etc. Anyway, thanks for the insight, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles