India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadtrap

Country flag
Jab itna time aur paisa lagaya to thhoda bada hi banadete.

Why only two lane tunnel?

This looks more like a pathway to underground parking than a proper tunnel built for strategic purposes.
For that "strategic" purpose tunnel can be closed for civilian use and both lane to be used for militarily movements. Chill mate. This tunnel took a lot of hardship to complete. It had to navigate through Seri Nullah fault zone which is one of the main reason for delay. Its an engineering feat in itself.

FGFAPilot1

Country flag
Number of lanes in a road are decided based on the traffic it is supposed to carry, not on how vital the route is. Increasing the number of lanes won't make it more secure. Especially a tunnel which can be put out of commission by a couple of well placed hits, doesn't matter if there are two lanes or 32 lanes.

I essentially meant that the tunnel could've been wider.

I imagine that, let's say a truck with a tank convoy passing each other in bend inside a tunnel would pose a little bit of difficulty but I think the angle of the thumbnail picture of the video is making me assume these things.

Obviously competent authorities must have already thought about the scenario above and all other possibilities before commissioning the construction.

ataru09

Country flag
I essentially meant that the tunnel could've been wider.

I imagine that, let's say a truck with a tank convoy passing each other in bend inside a tunnel would pose a little bit of difficulty but I think the angle of the thumbnail picture of the video is making me assume these things.

Obviously competent authorities must have already thought about the scenario above and all other possibilities before commissioning the construction.
It's all cost benefit analysis in the end. I am sure the tunnel dimensions have taken into account the size of military transport vehicles lol.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Jab itna time aur paisa lagaya to thhoda bada hi banadete.

Why only two lane tunnel?

This looks more like a pathway to underground parking than a proper tunnel built for strategic purposes.
True, people should also ask dam laga ke paani mein se bijili nikaal diya tho kisan phasal kaise ugayega...

Bahut na insaafi hai!!!!

cereal killer

Country flag
I think he is right the area around F4-F8 is physically lost. Now LAC will be manned like this round the clock & no salami slicing will be possible. In case China tries something response will be given. But those 24sq km along F4-F8 is lost for the time being.

Deadtrap

Country flag
I think he is right the area around F4-F8 is physically lost. Now LAC will be manned like this round the clock & no salami slicing will be possible. In case China tries something response will be given. But those 24sq km along F4-F8 is lost for the time being.
Kill me for saying this.
'Lost' those area without a fight.

bajiraopeshwa

Country flag
The operational word is "time being". As long as we dont agree that the land belongs to China, the option to take it back is always there. Similar to POK, we bided our time but are now aggressively pushing our claims.

The Chinese advantage used to be their infrastructure and ability to do rapid deployment to surprise India. That advantage has been completely negated by LAC being manned round the clock. It also gives India to complete all the infra it wants with the security of having the armed forces deployed in front.

This whole episode has freed up India from the historical strategic restraint or ambiguity it exercised vis-as-vis China. We can now go ahead with Quad, recognizing Taiwan, whatever. A neutral India would have been best for China in their fight against the US but China said goodbye to that with its actions.

shade

Country flag
The operational word is "time being". As long as we dont agree that the land belongs to China, the option to take it back is always there. Similar to POK, we bided our time but are now aggressively pushing our claims.

The Chinese advantage used to be their infrastructure and ability to do rapid deployment to surprise India. That advantage has been completely negated by LAC being manned round the clock. It also gives India to complete all the infra it wants with the security of having the armed forces deployed in front.

This whole episode has freed up India from the historical strategic restraint or ambiguity it exercised vis-as-vis China. We can now go ahead with Quad, recognizing Taiwan, whatever. A neutral India would have been best for China in their fight against the US but China said goodbye to that with its actions.
It also ensures permanent mindshare of the Chinese threat in the minds of GoI.
Earlier it was lulled into complacency by nariyal paani jhula jhuli sessions.
Perhaps now the realization is dawned that there is no answer to the Chinese Question but the stick.

bajiraopeshwa

Country flag
Perhaps now the realization is dawned that there is no answer to the Chinese Question but the stick.
Yes, the standoff at the LAC will be a permanent reminder to all Indian politicians to take the Chinese threat very seriously. This will hopefully create urgency in a lot of areas - relook at our defence spending, our border infra spending, our foreign policy, development of Andaman/Nicobar, more nuclear submarines etc. It also gives us the freedom to arm Vietnam and other Chinese neighbors.

For many years, we were facing the threat of two front war, now the Chinese face the same threat. So thats progress in a way. Also the world now recognizes India as one of the few nations standing up to the Chinese, hopefully that will help us in getting permanent membership of the UN security council.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
just like Kargil enforced clarity of thought about national security in national consciousness , this LAC escalation will also do the same.

There is a reason that most of the naughty mainstream news media wanted to divert nation’s attention towards SSR and hatharas case.

Standoff with PLA, has many non-military benefits as well.

what nationalists could do is to spread the message among people who are left out especially the young ones, I don’t think their echo chambers are being pierced with facts on CCP issue. I may be wrong, but I don’t think any notable stand up comedian or mainstream social media influencer has taken on the CCP topic.

Ultimately it’s not just about the current government taking national security seriously, but also about ensuring people don’t let future governments compromise on national security just because news media covers it up.

Last edited:

freethinker777

Country flag
China Threatens To Make New Indian Tunnel ‘Un-Serviceable’ Days After Its Inauguration By PM Modi

Indian Defence News : China Threatens To Make New Indian Atal Tunnel ‘Un-Serviceable’

We'll make Beijing unlivable

ninja hattori

Country flag
just like Kargil enforced clarity of thought about national security in national consciousness , this LAC escalation will also do the same.

There is a reason that most of the naughty mainstream news media wanted to divert nation’s attention towards SSR and hatharas case.

Standoff with PLA, has many non-military benefits as well.

what nationalists could do is to spread the message among people who are left out especially the young ones, I don’t think their echo chambers are being pierced with facts on CCP issue. I may be wrong, but I don’t think any notable stand up comedian or mainstream social media influencer has taken on the CCP topic.
Media management was done to let defense forces prepare for all there gaming options and escalatory ladder.

The day ARNAB start doing shows. Understand war is near.

ninja hattori

Country flag
me thinks young people don’t watch TV news, social media is the key here.
Young people are the cause of republic topping both English and Hindi TRP charts straight for weeks now. Ssr case had Youth on youtube as flag bearers. Have seen personally some channels on youtube like fifafooz and unwal Trivedi etc. Who used to post about ssr case youth ralied behind arnab like anything they could see thru who was standing for what among all channels. And the ssr case can be lamented by all intellectual how media circus. But underneath society a trust got builtup of youth in arnab and against ndtv. Leave aside tier 1 city youth they are mostly blind. This what i takeaway from ssr incident and best thing to happen to country.

nick_indian

Country flag
Hey there Hellfire

HS Panag wrote in an article recently that the Chinese have secured their claim line in Ladakh with their recent moves everywhere except in Demchok. Is that true ? If yes, do you think the Chinese will make a move there next ? May next year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles