India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade

Country flag
It seems IAF chief clearly implies that QUAD should only be for geopolitical issues. It should be used for free navigation and roping in adverse countries by investing more.

In a sense he is right, neither we should get involve in other country war not should invite anyone on our soil. Logistic sharing pacts will be used as standoff in future. We have nothing to do with Senkaku and Aksai Chin is our internal matter which was clearly stated by MEA, MOD and defence chiefs.

We surely need help from international powers but that does mean USAF flying in our skies in Ladakh.
He means to say what i have been saying and many others on this forum.
Foreigners are not reliable.
We have to build our own MIC capacity, we are not some tiny ass irrelevant country, we are a great power since 3000 years easily, even under the rule of foreign dynasties, better start acting like it.
If all would go according to plan we wouldn't even need to consider the possibility of allies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Look at the face of that Japanese person(most probably their MEA) He looks pissed. On whom IDK, maybe on chinks or MEA babus. Start at 0:22. And as always POMPEO is straight-forward

what's the timestamp where the japanese foreign minister look pissed?

Rudy123

Country flag
He means to say what i have been saying and many others on this forum.
Foreigners are not reliable.
We have to build our own MIC capacity, we are not some tiny ass irrelevant country, we are a great power since 3000 years easily, even under the rule of foreign dynasties, better start acting like it.
If all would go according to plan we wouldn't even need to consider the possibility of allies.
We are smart and not like other NATO countries. NATO fought many wars but not against Russia. It's establishment are basically mutual agreements which protect smaller countries and avoid heavy defence budget for larger progressive countries like Canada and Australia. But other than USA no once has much say in forum, look at Canada, despite having casualties in Afghanistan they are not part of peace process, why they were there. India does not want to be next fool in these geopolitical crisis.

Suggesting members not to expect an all out war with China against QUAD. Using infinite D chess, primary target of QUAD is to reduce Chinese influence and cause unrest.

Ultimate goal should be democracy in China.

IndianYonko

Country flag
what's the timestamp where the japanese foreign minister look pissed?
u can see at 0:52 the way he nods like he wasn't sure that JaiShankar would be saying this and his expressions seemed to me like a teacher completing the last line of his hard trying student like saying bol bhai bol simple hi hai u can do this.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
u can see at 0:52 the way he nods like he wasn't sure that JaiShankar would be saying this and his expressions seemed to me like a teacher completing the last line of his hard trying student like saying bol bhai bol simple hi hai u can do this.
Oh, i saw that. Japanese foreign minister was in sync with what Jai Shankar is saying. i wanted to see if he did the same when others were speaking, didn't find footage of that.
and since Jai Shankar is mappillai (Son in Law) of Japan, so all is well.

shade

Country flag
Just worde won't cut it sir ji Support indigenous maal like Tejas, LCH, AMCA.
Till Modi is there the good IAF Chief will have to keep his inner Sukhjinder Singh in control.
That is assuming he has an inner Sukhjinder Singh in the first case, i think all these guys are placed by Modiji somehow to get IAF and IA to add indigenous maal in their inventory.
It is a long term project, there is a whole industry that stops progress of domestic MIC in order to get more imports.
There are termites at every level of the decision making process, most well hidden.

Rudy123

Country flag
Just worde won't cut it sir ji Support indigenous maal like Tejas, LCH, AMCA.
With due respect to master of deception/disinformation! Both are two different issues, yes domentic defence industies needs massive boost.

Mutual cooperations are always there to help each other. When our IAF chief says we are ready for two fronts then he does consider logistic constraints which can be overcome, proved after Galwan clash.

garg_bharat

Country flag
: IAF Chief » “No One Will Fight Our Wars”: IAF Chief On US Deployments In Indian Ocean Published October 6, 2020 | By admin SOURCE: ANI Noting

that there has been no coordination with the US forces in relation to border tensions with China, Air Force Chief RKS Bhadauria on Monday asserted that India has to fight its wars on its own and cannot count on others for this. Addressing the annual Air Force Day press conference here, the Air Force Chief said India does not plan its war efforts with support from others and does everything on its own. He ruled out any linkage of deployment of US military assets in the Indian Ocean with India’s border tensions with China and said American deployments are done according to their perspective. “American deployments are done as per their perspective. We don’t plan our efforts with support from someone else. They have not been deployed in coordination with us. We have to fight our own wars. No one will fight our wars for us. We have to do it ourselves,” he said. The Air Chief was asked to comment on reports that reported American deployment of B-2 bombers in the Indian Ocean was to deter the Chinese from doing any misadventure in Ladakh. On the possibility of the Indian Air Force buying the second batch of 36 more Rafale fighter aircraft, the Air Chief said it was a complex subject and “various options” were being deliberated upon in the Force. He suggested that the decision to either buy more Rafales or to go in for an open tender for 114 multirole fighter aircraft was yet to be finalised. “Whether we go in for more Rafale or MRFA, it will be an open competition…The current status is that we have received all the RFIs (for the MRFA programme). All these issues are on the table now in terms of taking a final call…There are various issues that need to be considered,” he said. The first batch of five Rafale jets arrived in India on July 29, nearly four years after India signed an inter-governmental agreement with France to procure 36 of the fighter aircraft at a cost of ? 59,000 crore
My opinion is it is wrong for IAF chief to discount an alliance with USA. Better option is to keep quiet.

The Chinese are ganging up with India's neighbours and we are pretending as we need nobody.

I think India should contract next 36 Rafale immediately and accelerate all local fighter programs.

Shankar Deb

Country flag
It seems IAF chief clearly implies that QUAD should only be for geopolitical issues. It should be used for free navigation and roping in adverse countries by investing more.

In a sense he is right, neither we should get involve in other country war not should invite anyone on our soil. Logistic sharing pacts will be used as standoff in future. We have nothing to do with Senkaku and Aksai Chin is our internal matter which was clearly stated by MEA, MOD and defence chiefs.

We surely need help from international powers but that does mean USAF flying in our skies in Ladakh.
There could be another point of view. Check out the thread "Taming the Dragon"

Rudy123

Country flag
My opinion is it is wrong for IAF chief to discount an alliance with USA. Better option is to keep quiet.

The Chinese are ganging up with India's neighbours and we are pretending as we need nobody.

I think India should contract next 36 Rafale immediately and accelerate all local fighter programs.
He only emphasise on limited cooperation. We are not like our neighbours, we don't need ruhani taqat to win our battles.

Chinese cooperations are short sighted, can give many examples worldwide. But in our neighbour Myanmar, Maldives and Bangladesh are good example. In geopolitical scenario despite having large land mass, their access to world market is limited same like Russia. They do need alliances in sea and they are free to do so but not at the cost of our country interest.

cooperation with USA will increase in near future but IAF chief does not want us to be satellite country.

Rudy123

Country flag
There could be another point of view. Check out the thread "Taming the Dragon"
What if I tell you:

1. Chinese are doing salami slicing much before Galwan and present government got firm on replying with same force.(Still much more can be done. We did not cross LAC of Chinese perception)
2. Japan and Taiwan are not pro active and only responding Chinese incursion

QUAD countries does not want Chinese influence growing and thus responding but China adding another dimension of military incursion which needed a firm response.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
I am just thinking we should ban tweets and news articles from Global Times.

Or may be throw them into non-serious threads.

Their pedestrian level arguments, ineloquent language, cretinous rants ad-nauseam and fake bravado is reducing the quality of debate on our forum.

Initially, I was of a view that regardless of their content we must allow them for sake of reading the difference of opinion. But as the time has gone past with India winning both the propaganda and Military intitiative this portal has even gone lower than expected Chinese levels.

Please share your thoughts if members want to continue posting Global Times content for comic relief.

IndianYonko

Country flag
I am just thinking we should ban tweets and news articles from Global Times.

Or may be throw them into non-serious threads.

Their pedestrian level arguments, ineloquent language, cretinous rants ad-nauseam and fake bravado is reducing the quality of debate on our forum.

Initially, I was of a view that regardless of their content we must allow them for sake of reading the difference of opinion. But as the time has gone past with India winning both the propaganda and Military intitiative this portal has even gone lower than expected Chinese levels.

Please share your thoughts if members want to continue posting Global Times content for comic relief.
Jaisa chal rha hai waisa chalne dein. Sometimes its fun watching GT tweets. but we should allow that in this thread only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles