India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowitall

US, India seek to press Sri Lanka into the Quad

Don't know if this is a good idea??
I wonder if this is a good idea for us long term.

What do others think of this. It seems great when you look at the immediate future but I have my concerns for this later on.

Bhadra

Country flag
What would be the optimum use of these tanks? Your inputs pls.
Light Tanks / BMPs can be para dropped behind enemy lines to seize an important objective in conjunction with the main attack and along with paratroops. .

Or these can also be dropped in critical situations that have developed in some areas such as Chusul bawl, Depsang or even Hot Spring, Chumar, Barahoti GG, Nagdoh bawl ahead of Tawang, North Sikkim, Asaphila, Longju and many such places.

However, the pertinent issue is the acclimatization of troops. I suppose the employment of Para forces would have same problems. If the troops are required to be mounted from Leh / Thoise, the lifting capabilities of aircraft would be the major limitation. Only small SF teams can be mounted and launched.

Bhadra

Country flag
Some dumb bastards like Oli only learn lessons the hard way. Chalo, accha hai, but I hope India utilizes maximum leverage to basically turn Nepal into a protectorate/semi-colony in the long run.

They've conclusively proven that their foreign policy/geopolitics is too important to be left in their hands.
If you use words like "Colony" or "protectorate" for nepal, that reflects on the common Indian psyche which Nepalis blame Indians for. As also it spoils someone's good work in improving relations.

Factually both the words are far from true..

Bhadra

Country flag
Srilanka should have been invaded long time ago. A tiny nation with a size of Delhi is becoming a pain in the... Frankly it was our golden opportunity when Tamils were a$s kicking the lankans in 90s.
They were kicking the Indian asses too and would have succeeded in establishing a Tamil Elam including Tamilnadu. Now the question is whether you are more worried about your ass or Srilankan asses. That was the choice.

And why should India capture Srilanka? India is better off without them.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
If you use words like "Colony" or "protectorate" for nepal, that reflects on the common Indian psyche which Nepalis blame Indians for. As also it spoils someone's good work in improving relations.

Factually both the words are far from true..
What did walking on eggshells and kissing Nepali ass all these decades get us?

Has China been courteous with them? Or has it grabbed them by the balls?

I won't insult/lampoon them racially/ethnically; but I'm done giving a damn about their feelings. The nicer you are, the more you get walked over in this world. Only an iron fist (in a velvet glove) works - in India's case the fist is velvet.

Destrius

Country flag
Quite frankly our neighbors can't be blamed for siding with China. Let's be honest, they have 2 options:

1. Side with India: India is very generous
2. Side with China: Chinese $$$s and India makes feeble protests but is still very generous

Unless we impose real consequences on neighbors who side with our enemies, we will continue to lose influence despite bending backwards. The carrot must be accompanied with the stick or we will just be taken advantage of.

shade

Country flag

PM Modi, Chinese President Xi Jinping at BRICS table in Nov, first meet since standoff

This will be interesting
Vasudhaiv Kuntum Bunkam hoga as per usual.
Both will talk about "on-topic" issues only if they do talk that is, and both will avoid talking about Cheeni stunts in Ladakh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles