India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDev

Country flag
There is also a caveat attached to this, "If war is imposed on us".
Our adversaries have also been smart enough to keep things below the threshold level.
I would hazard a guess that right now, India is militarily prepared, China is not. But economically China is ready, India is not.

LDev

Country flag
There is a fundamental point we need to realise, countries are most comfortable when their wars are fought far away from their mainland and population centres.

we don’t have this luxury.
All the past wars India has fought have been border wars with only the border population impacted. This war whether one front or two front has the potential to have it's impact felt all across the country including the south. Any political leader has to also weigh the impact on the population of such a war.

LDev

Country flag
on a lighter note.

this is one of the funny things I have been noticing, even the most vocal advocates of India’s power projection confine themselves to defending India’s boundaries and near abouts.

Nah mate, I’ll have to think about it. One thing for sure it has to be far away from our boundaries.
I have always advocated threatening China from the South China sea, getting into a mutual defence pact with Vietnam and also converting the Quad into a military alliance. Just as China is trying to encircle India, India has to repay that particular favor.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
If he is a paki and he is appearing in a video, in a tightly controlled propaganda environment like theirs it would only mean they are letting us know.
Yeah, that I realise but letting us know what? That we're in danger of 2 front war? Or something like...instead of Chinese they'll just hire Paki mercs?

Neither of the message are particularly shocking or show them in a great light...

nick_indian

Country flag
Uyghurs have mongoloid looks, or may have Iranic looks rarely, same as the rest of Central Asian Turkics.
This is 99% Paki.
If you look carefully, he has slightly slanted eyes like Mongoloids (Turks are not as Mongoloid in appearance as Hans) with an Iranic facial structure and facial hair. That's why looked Turkic to me, but as i said, I could be wrong.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
I would hazard a guess that right now, India is militarily prepared, China is not. But economically China is ready, India is not.
if war is imposed, India has no choice but to defend, IA lobbed 2.5 lakh shells during kargil imagine what will be thrown at them now. so i would argue economy factor does not count, if war is imposed on us.

"Indian Army artillery fired over 2, 50, 000 shells, bombs and rockets during the Kargil conflict. Approximately 5,000 artillery shells, mortar bombs and rockets were fired daily from 300 guns, mortars and MBRLs (multi-barrel rocket launchers). Around 9,000 shells were fired the day Tiger Hill was regained," said Colonel SD Goswami, defence spokesman at Northern Command Headquarters.

During Dec 2014 ceasefire violations then DG-ISPR Asim Bajwa was crying to his journalists in a press conference that IA was lobbing 30,000 mortars on average per day. i am still trying to find this video, so far unsuccessful.

shade

Country flag
If you look carefully, he has slightly slanted eyes like Mongoloids (Turks are not as Mongoloid in appearance as Hans) with an Iranic facial structure and facial hair. That's why looked Turkic to me, but as i said, I could be wrong.
Yes, he could be something like a Tajik, those are primarily Persians with little mongolic/turkic admixture.
Btw slanted eyes an all are an original Turkic racial trait, the ones who have normal eyes and facial features are mixed race folks with Turkic culture.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Modi does not name China.. but Modi being present at the Rohtang tunnel inauguration with IA generals when only a few days ago, China publicly complained about Indian military infrastructure buildup, is a taunt directed at the bat munchers and speaks more than mere words..
सत्यम शिवम् सुंदरम is missing from DD twitter logo. That's the soul of the logo that's missing.
* There was a sinister move to remove it in 2019 too. DD came out with a clarification then that SSS won't be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles