India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDev

Country flag
How can this be? Nirbhay was never inducted and program closed as far as we know.
The only speculative answer that I can think off is "access to geospatial data". AFAIK there was nothing wrong with Nirbhay's range or propulsion in it's tests. The problem was lack of very accurate geospatial data to enable the missile to fly hugging the terrain so that it would not get shot down. AlL of it's tests were done at considerable altitude over the sea. If it flew subsonically at 5,000 feet above ground it would be targeted and shot down by AAD. This is specially true at the LAC where to clear the mountains it would have to have a considerable margin of elevation to clear the mountains and consequently a high probability of it being shot down by the Chinese. The only change that could have prompted the deployment is access to US geospatial data via the BECA agreement i.e. if the US is now allowing India access to this data, then it is possible to program Nirbhay to fly via different waypoints in the mountain range, skirting peaks and hugging the terrain to avoid Chinese AD. That will make Nirbhay a viable weapon. Again, this is my speculation only.

scatterStorm

Country flag
chinese have been digging for underground cables . Will be life saver in electronic warfare . Do we have such infra on our side ? Thats how 1st wave ll come i think . Heavy missile attack , air raids on our defence stuctures radars etc and electronic and cyber warfare to sabotage our communication line . This might be followed by ground attack .
In -40 it wil be very difficult to shit and potty properly, attack is a just a wet dream in such climatic conditions. Sometimes it can drop to as low as -60 in nights, man beating your meat is even irrelevant here.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Yes, theoretically possible if material like tungsten or even depleted uranium?. is used. But these Earthquake bombs(as they were called) were designed to penetrate 40 metres of soil/ground and not 40 metres of RCC. But concept is feasible.

Such a penetrator can damage the dam by making a hole but will it make the dam collapse. The concrete base is above 100 metres thick. The length of the dam is more than 2km.Even after an attack by the penetrator bomb the dam will be standing though it may leak some water. Numerous penetrator bombs will be required to really cause serious damage and make the dam collapse.

An penetrator ordnance coming from a height at supersonic or hypersonic speed will have deeper impact due to large kinetic energy.
Ever heard the term bunker Buster's. Bunkers are made with RCC. The most important point being, you require enough KE to penetrate 5m distance, now you require 8x times the force to do such thing. Certainly you have to use tactical nuke there. Or be smart about it and start with power stations and gates.

Cactus09

Country flag
The only speculative answer that I can think off is "access to geospatial data". AFAIK there was nothing wrong with Nirbhay's range or propulsion in it's tests. The problem was lack of very accurate geospatial data to enable the missile to fly hugging the terrain so that it would not get shot down. AlL of it's tests were done at considerable altitude over the sea. If it flew subsonically at 5,000 feet above ground it would be targeted and shot down by AAD. This is specially true at the LAC where to clear the mountains it would have to have a considerable margin of elevation to clear the mountains and consequently a high probability of it being shot down by the Chinese. The only change that could have prompted the deployment is access to US geospatial data via the BECA agreement i.e. if the US is now allowing India access to this data, then it is possible to program Nirbhay to fly via different waypoints in the mountain range, skirting peaks and hugging the terrain to avoid Chinese AD. That will make Nirbhay a viable weapon. Again, this is my speculation only.
Well we were supposed to sign BECA soon. So I won't be surprised if USA provides " pre-agreement intel" to make the Indian establishment realize its importance.

scatterStorm

Country flag
India deploys long-range missile Nirbhay to counter Chinese threat at LAC

According to sources, the new missiles have been deployed in a limited number for now. The missile is likely to get full op clearance later.

If we even can reach the range of 650Km, consider there all bases our within its firing range. If I am correct.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
To supplement your thoughts. Nirbhay program was closed after successfully achieving its objectives. It's just that the missile's engine and seekers are to be replaced with indigenous ones which would make it MK2 i.e. ITCM(Indigenous Technology Cruise Missile).

scatterStorm

Country flag
How can this be? Nirbhay was never inducted and program closed as far as we know.
The article quotes specifically a line, "in limited numbers", meaning program was risen from the graves to conduct missile tests there. Could be a possibility.

mokoman

Country flag
:hmm: locust activity north of rechin la since last year.

Each of those dot is 20m x 20m

it will take a lot Hit™ to clear all of these.

rechin3.gif

Dessert Storm

Country flag
The article quotes specifically a line, "in limited numbers", meaning program was risen from the graves to conduct missile tests there. Could be a possibility.
Hmmmm..... if it is to be 'tested' then it should be done on terror camps in PoK. Have they brought them in for that?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
My biggest fear about the latest agreement (stopping the Indian military from adding more soldiers to their positions on the LAC) is that the Chinese may eventually show up with 10 times as many soldiers, and surround and overrun the Indian positions. I am 100% certain that the Chinese are already breaking the agreement, while the MEA is forcing the Indian military to follow it.

I don't think that present establishment has any ambiguity on the mal intention of China I think that there were given full freedom to no what ever Indian Army thinks fit do that in that particular condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles