India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy

Country flag
The Chinese are creating this siege mentality of China being encircled and attacked by America's proxies. India is not even in America's camp right now but the Chinese are trying to create that impression so they can play the victim.
true.

but the problem is, they are saying like :
look he has punched me in my face due to my own mistake. I should change my attitude towards him.

nobody will buy their logic of India being aggressor as
- everybody is aware of what they are doing in SCS
- they are sitting at our perception of LAC, we are not sitting at their perception of LAC.
- they have come here after an excercise. so it's pre-planned. so they are the aggressor.

it's probably to save face in front of domestic audience.

but it sounds like a direct critisism to Eleven's policy. that's why I'm a bit confused.

Synergy

Country flag
I don't know to believe this news or not:eek1:. I hope its right. But Nirbhay was in testing phase & was failing too.
Hopefully now we fully have a fit & firing Subsonic cruise missile that can carry much bigger payload than Brahmos:brahmos:
2019 tests were successful (as pointed out by @mokoman ) and there were plans to test it with Indigenous propulsion system in April 2020 (not sure if it was done or not).

many mainstream media are reporting the deployment of Nirbhay. so definitely it's not a printing mistake.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
I don't know to believe this news or not:eek1:. I hope its right. But Nirbhay was in testing phase & was failing too.
Hopefully now we fully have a fit & firing Subsonic cruise missile that can carry much bigger payload than Brahmos:brahmos:
The final two tests of Nirbhay were successful.. In the final test the missile flew as low as 5 metres .. But, 5 metres is crazy and better than Tomahawk. .. maybe its possible only over sea

cereal killer

Country flag
The final two tests of Nirbhay were successful.. In the final test the missile flew as low as 5 metres .. But, 5 metres is crazy and better than Tomahawk. .. maybe its possible only over sea

If it is anywhere near as good as Tomahawk then it will be a valuable asset. There is a reason US military prefers them over cruise ones.
Pakis may be pissing in their pants after this news. With Bigger payload Pindi & Islamabad is toast.

johnq

Find out what are the chances for a SU-30 or even a Rafale to penetrate 1100 km into China without being shot down? I would say close to zero. And forget about a lumbering tanker to refuel them to penetrate Chinese airspace. Even the US today will not penetrate Chinese airspace with anything less than a 5th Gen stealth fighter, at least until Chinese AD is neutralized. Flip that equation around. Do you think that a PLAAF fighter will be able to penetrate Indian air space for 1100 km from the LAC without the IAF shooting it down? Nagpur is 1100 km from the Uttarkhand border. Do you think that a PLAAF plane will be able to reach Nagpur without being shot down? If not why do you assume that the IAF will be able to pull off a similar feat? Yes, it is possible that if border ADs are neutralized the PLAAF bases in Tibet which are within 200-300 km of the border will be interdicted by the IAF. But forget about a deep penetration mission. Not going to happen.
You are still not getting it. Look at the location of the Three Gorges dam. Now draw a circle of 600 km radius around it. The Indian aircraft can reach this circle at any point, wherever they choose. It doesn't have to be a straight line from India. Remember, these aircraft can be refuelled in mid-air, so range is not an issue. And these aircraft will be flying in at low altitude to avoid radar detection, and using terrain to mask their ingress. Radar detection is limited due to curvature of the earth, and line of sight. Can China block their ingress everywhere at 600 km from the Three Gorges dam? Despite what Chinese fanboys say, I don't think so.
Once Nirbhay air version is approved, this circle grows to 1000 km.

Last edited:

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Just wondering .. is it all peace on Border...Have Takla thinking took over in Leh..

Going via crazy sorties IAF fellas are doing off lately, it appears that things have gone south ... or may be just fine tuning Rafaels..
Well we would certainly know if things have gone south, my hunch is that things are just like they were, the meetings, as expected did not produce any results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles