India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I dont think India allows Chinese companies to participate in infrastructure sectors. There was a slew of cancellation of Chinese contracts in Railways, Roads etc. Not sure whether the government allowed SEPCO to build plants. India has good plant building companies like L&T, BHEL, Reliance, Jindal, Adani, HCC etc...Also the government builds its own nuclear power plants - so I dont see the need to pay foreign exchange to Chinese companies. Maybe SEPCO owns stake in some Indian power companies but I doubt they built any. There has been very little participation of Chinese companies in India's infrastructure sector.
The major concern with China is its building standards are not good, and definitely several grades behind the West/Japan/Singapore/S.Korea/Taiwan etc. For instance, China has far less LEED certified buildings than it should be. Also during the rains/floods of last year, this year etc., there has been several massive leaks in major landmarks including the "iconic" Shanghai Tower. We all know about the shaking building in Shenzhen. I also saw several videos where the quality of construction is pathetic even in top cities with inner walls peeling off, smashed glass windows etc.
Even in HSR I am not all that impressed. Currently China's HSR takes about 8 hours to travel a distance of 2200 KM or slightly less than 300 KMPH average. However a semi HSR at 220KMPH average speed probably a 50% cheaper cost would have traveled the same kilometers in ten hours - two hours more but well within an overnight travel goal. So, China opted for hugely wasteful expenditure - this does not give confidence that Chinese take profitable construction decisions, and are more interested in inflating the construction bill so corrupt CCP officials and connected persons can pocket a lot of bribe moneys.
I dont know if "overbuilld-inflate construction costs-pocket bribe moneys" corruption model would ever arrive in India for rapid, wasteful construction China-style to take place. I think not as the styles are different.
SEPCO3 has long time cooperation with Adani, has a good localization, employ many Indian employee

Last edited:

Indrajit

Country flag
SEPCO3 has long time cooperation with Adani, has a good localization, employ many Indian employee

Article from 9 years ago. Chinese companies must be given the boot from all infrastructure projects . Whatever relationships they have with whoever.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

That's a 9 year old article.. Chinese presence in New construction of power plants has lessened overtime as GOI wanted to lessen the dependence.. BHEL has major share.. For example.. BHEL commissioned 15 GW of power in a single year in 2015 -16.

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Article from 9 years ago. Chinese companies must be given the boot from all infrastructure projects . Whatever relationships they have with whoever.
That's a 9 year old article.. Chinese presence in New construction of power plants has lessened overtime as GOI wanted to lessen the dependence.. BHEL has major share.. For example.. BHEL commissioned 15 GW of power in a single year in 2015 -16.
Screenshot_20210526_113909.jpg

Indrajit

Country flag
View attachment 91732
Yes, the 2nd reference was from 2015. No longer valid in 2021. Not after the events of the last year and not after the alleged hacking of an electricity grid. No place for Chinese companies in Indian infrastructure projects going forward. Period.

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes, the 2nd reference was from 2015. No longer valid in 2021. Not after the events of the last year and not after the alleged hacking of an electricity grid. No place for Chinese companies in Indian infrastructure projects going forward. Period.

It is hard for India to avoid using Chinese companies' goods for infrastructure,Whether it is power construction, power grid construction, subway construction, port construction.
Chinese infrastructure companies' stock rose after the US passed a large amount of funds for infrastructure construction, because many of them will go to Chinese companies.

Indrajit

Country flag
It is hard for India to avoid using Chinese companies' goods for infrastructure,Whether it is power construction, power grid construction, subway construction, port construction.
Chinese infrastructure companies' stock rose after the US passed a large amount of funds for infrastructure construction, because many of them will go to Chinese companies.
That’s your opinion. I don’t share it. You are free to think whatever you want. I also simply don’t care what the US is doing or not, China infringed on our borders, they should be severe consequences for that, including on the economic front.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

these are dated news items from 15 and 7 years ago, respectively, during the corrupt, inefficient CONgress era.. Plus the sources are blog posts and the first one is a sure plant by the Chinese - it quotes the Chinese ambassador and is not reliable.
I’d like to see stats since 2014, when BJP administration was formed.

shashankk

Country flag
these are dated news items from 15 and 7 years ago, respectively, during the corrupt, inefficient CONgress era.. Plus the sources are blog posts and the first one is a sure plant by the Chinese - it quotes the Chinese ambassador and is not reliable.
I’d like to see stats since 2014, when BJP administration was formed.
During Con-Gress UPA chinese did get lots of power and projects in India. in Jharkhand entire steel manufacturing plant along with power plat was setup by chinese. costs were inflated and lots of wrog deals were done. High grade coal mines which was given to the plant were used to export it to china to make quick bucks. everything that was used in plant was chinese.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
During Con-Gress UPA chinese did get lots of power and projects in India. in Jharkhand entire steel manufacturing plant along with power plat was setup by chinese. costs were inflated and lots of wrog deals were done. High grade coal mines which was given to the plant were used to export it to china to make quick bucks. everything that was used in plant was chinese.
i am still unsure why the entire top congress leadership is not in jail for compromising india’s national security and economy. Not even the openly corrupt like the Gandhi family, chidambaram and their leftist chamchas were convicted and put in jail. Why?

shashankk

Country flag
That’s your opinion. I don’t share it. You are free to think whatever you want. I also simply don’t care what the US is doing or not, China infringed on our borders, they should be severe consequences for that, including on the economic front.
To a certain extent I agree with him. It's about decent quality at cheap price. Somehow we need to find a solution to provide these goods at comparable price to chinese. Unless we match them in price they will always be attractive to business and many would use them to cut costs.

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Chutiya hai kya . Jab se galwan hua tab se chinese investment kam hui hai nikal laude wumao pehli fursat mai nikal

Indrajit

Country flag
To a certain extent I agree with him. It's about decent quality at cheap price. Somehow we need to find a solution to provide these goods at comparable price to chinese. Unless we match them in price they will always be attractive to business and many would use them to cut costs.
Not in essential infrastructure. Not if government orders otherwise.

Honey

Country flag

After watching these videos, do you think we can fight China? What would I think of Indians as a North East man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles