IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Imagine the level of insecurity among porkis that any thing related to balakot strikes attracts huge butthurt reactions from them. Seems like they follow every damn Indian account.
They are desperate regarding ANI ever since their EU Disinfo Lab Afeem worked fantastically on their jaahil awaam.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Reposting my old posts.

At one instance you celebrate him killing ace PAF fighter jet and on other instance you call him stupid for crossing the LoC. You can not kill F-16 without crossing the LOC. And crossing the LOC comes with all the risks of becoming a prey and getting shot at as well.

It very strange to see Indians talking about fighting a very clinical Air warfare like Americans do after establishing air dominance but ignore that we do not have such luxaries. Even funnier to ask Pilots to wait because any attrition following doctrine of raid and ingress under heavy AD environment which we are trained to operate will be bad for information war. They must wait till Rafale or more potent jets are inducted.

The fundamental rule of requiring judgement in authoritative application is always practised by all the branches. The forces do not work like corporates and follow directives in every case.
Soldiers are trained to disobey the orders. General JFR Jacob never had the approval of capturing whole of East Pakistan. He disagreed and implemented his plan ‘War of Movement’ and went ahead to capture Dhaka. Things could have gone easily wrong but he took his chances.

General Jacob never became COAS or Field Marshal, no ace Pilot has always or all time superseded his seniors to secure more important posts. There is no need to diss your soldiers who do their duty with given resources and challenge the enemies.

Saying WC Abhinandan jeapordised the further escalation after that tactical skirmish is again a misreading of the events.

India made it very clear after Balakot that those were non-military stikes and we have no further desire to escalate it further. We have been always operating under international pressure to not escalate. Even after Pakistani raid on border CP we stated categorically that it will be avenged at the time and place of our choosing. The air traffic was restored within hours.

Do not impose your winning the information war on forces because it will make you look happy on social media. At the end of the day It is just bloody spin and you need to grow more brain cells to give one

This nation will always be proud of its Abhimanyus who knew they will never return but still went into Chakravyuh to teach enemy a lesson. Winning Information war after losing militarily is an insult that is enjoyed by cowards

daya

Country flag
Whatever decision Abhinandan took under the-then prevailing circumstances, there should no question be raised on his decision, his was a exemplary decision and what he did, is na bhooto na bhavishyati...

mokoman

Country flag
i thought Abhinandan crossed lac because his comms were jammed.

IAF had told him to turn back , but PAF jammed his radio comms

i think they then decided to upgrade comms on jets only after balakot.

thefewthefearless

Country flag

yeah exactly. iaf told him to return (coz pigs were running back to their land), but something happened to his comms. since he was chasing paf aircrafts. when he entered into the pak territory, he was literally alone being chased by 4 f 16 iirc. it was very difficult for him to engage with everyone at the same time. yet paki piggas are so proud that they shot our mig.

Ikariyasan

Country flag
Do you guys remember that strange post on BRF?
The person claimed to have talked with an IAF pilot.
Amongst many claims one was that IAF personnel are divided on the opinion if Abhinandan's communications were jammed or it was due to reason that Mig 21's cockpit gets very noisy at high speeds (this sounds absurd lol).
Eventually the post was deleted after a few days.

maximus777

Country flag
yeah exactly. iaf told him to return (coz pigs were running back to their land), but something happened to his comms. since he was chasing paf aircrafts. when he entered into the pak territory, he was literally alone being chased by 4 f 16 iirc. it was very difficult for him to engage with everyone at the same time. yet paki piggas are so proud that they shot our mig.
Bravado aside, I am still unable to wrap my head around how can IAF be surprised the day after Balakot strike. IAF technically was at the highest state of alert that day as a reaction from silver medalist airforce was a given. A strike force of 24 planes and all we could muster was a clunky Mig21 chasing them?? PAF should have been neutered that day with 10-12 planes shot down with IAF hitting them with overwhelming force and losses televised worldwide for added humiliation. I hope it was some sort of 56D chess move by Vishwaguru and Co. to dial down the escalation and not the ineptitude of the IAF personnel or equipment - either of which are disconcerting to say the least. :hmm:

indiatester

Country flag

When comms are jammed, I'll be surprised if the standard operating procedure allows for entry into enemy airspace especially when your buddy is also not along with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles