IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefewthefearless

Country flag
When comms are jammed, I'll be surprised if the standard operating procedure allows for entry into enemy airspace especially when your buddy is also not along with you.
no. atleast what i've heard. nobody had the orders to enter into enemy's airspace

Bravado aside, I am still unable to wrap my head around how can IAF be surprised the day after Balakot strike. IAF technically was at the highest state of alert that day as a reaction from silver medalist airforce was a given. A strike force of 24 planes and all we could muster was a clunky Mig21 chasing them?? PAF should have been neutered that day with 10-12 planes shot down with IAF hitting them with overwhelming force and losses televised worldwide for added humiliation. I hope it was some sort of 56D chess move by Vishwaguru and Co. to dial down the escalation and not the ineptitude of the IAF personnel or equipment - either of which are disconcerting to say the least. :hmm:
iaf weren't surprised. paf did nothing except some jinglalala ho ho by flying in our airspace. instead got chased back by our mig which is so pathetic seeing how porks talk so highly about f-16 supa pawa brwaaahhh...

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
WTF did I just listened? how did this gem remained unknown to us :pound: :pound: :pound:?
Madrsachhaap Paki: SPICE-2000 is a TV guided precision munition!!!

Television guidance
(TGM) is a type of missile guidance system using a television camera in the missile or glide bomb that sends its signal back to the launch platform.

Also Madarsachhaap Paki: Isko guide karna padta hai upto the target, toh launch to inhone ne kiya to pichhe se, lekin wo jo control karne waale jahaaz thhe wo usko control karne ke liye aa rahe thhe, PeeAF ne jab react kiya to wo unhone ne usko… wo wapis palte, jab unhe laga ki hum intercept ho jayenge, wo ghabrahat me wapis palte aur unhone mazeed andar aane ki koshish nahi ki isliye bum target par nahi gira :pound:!!!

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
WTF did I just listened? how did this gem remained unknown to us :pound: :pound: :pound:?
Signs of lying -
  • perspiration of head and palms (check, constantly wiping face and hands)
  • excessive explanation (check)
  • nervousness and breaking of speech pattern (check)
  • looking left side while remembering (lying) rather than right side (from memory). Biggest giveaway (check).
  • At 2:00, look at the face of both pilots -
    • Left one thinking - Amazing lying (impressed !)
    • Right one - Are you serious? (questioning look)
==============================================================

Anyway, let's bury this 2+year-old thread.

maximus777

Country flag
no. atleast what i've heard. nobody had the orders to enter into enemy's airspace

iaf weren't surprised. paf did nothing except some jinglalala ho ho by flying in our airspace. instead got chased back by our mig which is so pathetic seeing how porks talk so highly about f-16 supa pawa brwaaahhh...
A strike package of 24 planes is not cattle to be chased away. Knowing their retarded jazba junoon, retaliation was inevitable. They had standoff weapons and A2A missiles to outgun us which was public knowledge since 2010. We simply got lucky that they effed up the implementation of their mission and missed everything both on the ground and air which does not hide the fact that they did achieve tactical surprise at a time when IAF was at its highest state of alert. This is what I have a grip with!!:rage:

With AWACS in the air and radar on the ground we should have known that they were coming. We should have had our best fighters ready to ambush them. Why was this not done? Even AD guns/SAMs could have given PAF hell that day if we had pressed them into action at the right moment. No matter how we spin it, its a lost opportunity and loss of credibility - claiming F16 without proof of wreckage was always going to be a tough sell.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
I have a question regarding our Airforce's claim of an F-16 , can Pakis Actually hide the wreakage of An Aircraft like An F-16?
is it possible ? :confused1:
thank show me an Instance from the past where they have done it ? Sir :).

I will be more than happy to hear it .

L

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I have a question regarding our Airforce's claim of an F-16 , can Pakis Actually hide the wreakage of An Aircraft like An F-16?
:crazy: is it possible ?
Why not? While falling a lot of volatile parts of an aircraft get burnt out and the aircraft fell out burning, hence it’s signature on crashing would be low, and if it hadn’t crashed then why did Paki bell jetranger even bother going towards the tadpole?
1636463901175.jpeg

1636463983981.jpeg
1636463960490.jpeg

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Why not? While falling a lot of volatile parts of an aircraft get burnt out and the aircraft fell out burning, hence it’s signature on crashing would be low, and if it hadn’t crashed then why did Paki bell jetranger even bother going towards the tadpole?
View attachment 118478

View attachment 118480View attachment 118479
View attachment 118478

View attachment 118480View attachment 118479
Oh ! I guess that Paki bell jetranger was sent on Search and Rescue for That Downed F-16 😃

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Oh ! I guess that Paki bell jetranger was sent on Search and Rescue for That Downed F-16 😃
If porkies can hide their JF-17 crash during a routine sortie last year, how difficult is it for them to hide a crashed and burnt out F-16 in a rough forested environment like PoK?

Concard

Country flag
If porkies can hide their JF-17 crash during a routine sortie last year, how difficult is it for them to hide a crashed and burnt out F-16 in a rough forested environment like PoK?
I missed this. Any link? What happened? How did they hide the crash of JF-17?

avknight1408

Country flag
If that ejector seat company had not tweeted about the crash, Pakis would have pretended as if nothing happened and covered it up totally.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
If that ejector seat company had not tweeted about the crash, Pakis would have pretended as if nothing happened and covered it up totally.

They started misinformation of F-7 crash and the media who reported JF-17 crash were forced to delete the videos, I saved a few links and they were not working later. Else the recent crash of JF-17B is also hidden, yes it got reported but where’s the picture of it’s wreckage?

maximus777

Country flag
Just something that I have been pondering on. If Abhinandan had landed on our side of the LOC, i.e. no POW situation, would there have been a response from IAF to compensate for the eff up earlier?

Covfefe

Country flag
Just something that I have been pondering on. If Abhinandan had landed on our side of the LOC, i.e. no POW situation, would there have been a response from IAF to compensate for the eff up earlier?
You bet. The brigade headquarters thing that Dhanoa Sahab mentioned as retaliation in case Abhinandan was harmed, must have been game-planned in advance before the bombings. An attack on IA's brigade HQ means Sukhois ramming Paki airspace the very day

Floydian

Country flag
Bravado aside, I am still unable to wrap my head around how can IAF be surprised the day after Balakot strike. IAF technically was at the highest state of alert that day as a reaction from silver medalist airforce was a given. A strike force of 24 planes and all we could muster was a clunky Mig21 chasing them?? PAF should have been neutered that day with 10-12 planes shot down with IAF hitting them with overwhelming force and losses televised worldwide for added humiliation. I hope it was some sort of 56D chess move by Vishwaguru and Co. to dial down the escalation and not the ineptitude of the IAF personnel or equipment - either of which are disconcerting to say the least. :hmm:
Someone had to say it and you just did it!!👍👍 I hope so too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles