IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ye bhosdi wale sirf imagination karte hai..... Humne Jung kar di, Delhi jeet li, Spain jeet liya, Russia hara diya....

Air Marshal Hari Kumar paid the price of Pakistan Retaliation. He was sacked on 28 FEB. Ask him How strong the dose of Pakistan Imagination is.

WARREN SS

Country flag
It is to be noted that after a disastrous showing by IAF on the 26th and 27th February, the Indian government unwisely decided to even the score by deploying – conceivably, for employing – Surface-to-Surface Missiles (SSMs) against targets in Pakistan. Apparently, this measure was aimed at preventing further fighter losses at the hands of the PAF that was perceived by the IAF as being technically superior. Exercise of the rash and senseless decision to deploy SSMs could well have been misconstrued by Pakistan, and a catastrophic exchange could have followed between nuclear-armed neighbours. The Government of Pakistan, as well as its armed forces, should treat it as a textbook lesson in regional conflict escalation dynamics, and must remain cognisant of such developments in any future conflict.

http://kaiser-aeronaut.blogspot.com/
Pakistan defence minister MOCKED after saying it was 'TOO DARK' for airstrike retaliation
PAKISTAN Defence Minister Pervez Khattak was mocked on Twitter for reportedly telling journalists his country's Air Force struggled to attack at night.
By CLAIRE ANDERSON
PUBLISHED: 01:26, Wed, Feb 27, 2019 | UPDATED: 07:49, Wed, Feb 27, 2019

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...ike-latest-news-Kashmir-terror-attack-nuclear

vishnugupt

Country flag
It is to be noted that after a disastrous showing by IAF on the 26th and 27th February, the Indian government unwisely decided to even the score by deploying – conceivably, for employing – Surface-to-Surface Missiles (SSMs) against targets in Pakistan. Apparently, this measure was aimed at preventing further fighter losses at the hands of the PAF that was perceived by the IAF as being technically superior. Exercise of the rash and senseless decision to deploy SSMs could well have been misconstrued by Pakistan, and a catastrophic exchange could have followed between nuclear-armed neighbours. The Government of Pakistan, as well as its armed forces, should treat it as a textbook lesson in regional conflict escalation dynamics, and must remain cognisant of such developments in any future conflict.

Shut up you pathetic lier.
We anonymously dominated you, your Imran, Fauj everything.
If you have any shame then stop shaming further
Indian government was fully resolved to take on you head on. We even didn't picked up Imran telephone call. We know how mullah behaves that's why before you ask ransom for Abhinandan we just lockdown your assets by BraMos and your government caved in
This is my last reply ..... You zahil still living in denial

varun9509

Country flag

Yup, gotta teach future Abduls how to run away from the battleground even after having attack advantage and numerical superiority of 3:1.
How to sleep while the enemy drop Nuclear bombs near your capital city.
How to spin at least 8 different versions of the same incident.
How to make monuments of stuff you didn't do, just to please your inflated ego.
How to do press conference and show that you have Doosra Banda with you.

Which reminds me #WhereIsTheDoosraBanda which Ghafoola has with him.

Sent from my Redmi 8A Dual using Tapatalk

varun9509

Country flag
Air Marshal Hari Kumar paid the price of Pakistan Retaliation. He was sacked on 28 FEB. Ask him How strong the dose of Pakistan Imagination is.
Oooo...Abdul is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, maine to suna hai Omni gadi bhi chalata hai.

But what happened to the GC Luthra story.

Sent from my Redmi 8A Dual using Tapatalk

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
Lolz,you dont even know IAF protocol.28 Feb is last day of month traditional retirement day.
Still waiting for the 2nd pilot in the hospital.What a joker ghafoora.
Oh and that was a nice stunt to arrange a controlled visit after 40 days to balakot,and only allowing entry into central building which wasnt target.

(spice penetrator impact on bunkers)

(balakot mujahid hostel..bye bye)

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Here's the deal most of the Indian guys simply don't get. @Sayaaf isn't interested in a debate. He is not here to engage in a discussion and deliberation of facts and evidence to come to a rational conclusion regarding the incident. His only objective is to troll using a maximum of five responses no matter what the others state/claim. He will continue to cycle through this 5 responses and you guys will continue to argue with him. That's his win. He gets to frustrate you, annoy you, and you guys run around like headless chicken trying to get a troll to see reason. He doesn't care what the reality is. He came here to troll. He came, he saw, and thanks to the hordes of Indians hell hell bent on correcting his "ignorance" , he conquered.

Another.thing most Indians here should note. Given the rather strict moderation in this forum, it is surprising that he has not been banned for blatantb systematic spamming. But the truth is the more you engage him, the more you legitimize his trolling behaviour.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
  1. Keep away Mi-17, 1971, books by Pakistani intellectuals leaking info, other wars, oh your daddy did this on that day. We aren't here to "judge" anyone. Stick to aerial engagement of 27 February 2019. Futher any such post, you will not be able to post in this thread.
  2. @Sayaaf You have hopefully said what you wanted to say on IAF's statement. Spamming thread with same screenshot isn't going to help you at all. Except first two, I'll remove all those repetitive screenshots.
Locked it as got even a dozen posts while typing warning alone.:facepalm:
I'm opening this thread once more expecting discretion from members instead of personal attacks. My response will be indiscriminately brutal to everyone after it.

Comment on Topic: @Sayaaf Both, separation of ejection seat as well as redundant reporting of pilot(s) can cause confusion in numbers. If you stop turning a blind eye, you'll find that in initial 50 pages, there have been reports of villagers of capturing two different pilots at distinct instances, and arresting of one while other shifted to hospital as per stated by DGISPR.

There is no sufficient proof (and not nil actually) that India certainly shot down an F-16. But there isn't other away round either. The Foreign Policy magazine report of Pakistani jet count by was itself a paid article deemed incorrect by Pentagon later.

Regards
Opened it!

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
With all due respect sirji there is no arguing with
@Sayaaf .

You are asking to us to present logical points to a person whose very goal here is to come spread filth.

Many forum members including you and me have countered him with proper facts on a point to point basis with enough source material.

Yet his stand has never changed and he continues to sprout the same old nonsense that has been discussed to death for almost a year.

In my opinion I strongly believe that having a good conversation and having a good insight on the view of the other side is invaluable.

But in this case we are dealing with a proper troll who has no other job it's like arguing 2+2=4 but then he says no.

It would be much better if we can really remove him that would actually I believe be better because then most people would actually engage in proper info sharing and debates rather than engaging this troll.

His only job here is to come and derail and he is doing that by forcing others to engage with him.

Now we can do 2 things engage with him or ignore him.

The first one has been done countless times and enough proof has been thrown at his face but he still doesn't change his opinion. Well that's his wish but the trouble starts when he starts the same discussion again.

The second option we ignore him if we all do that in that case it's just better to ban him.

Other than that sirji its your wish only whatever you feel is fine.
He is preaching what his generals & airmarshal has given for public consumption, you along with most of the other indian members preaching what our generals & airmarshal has said. You are producing circumstantial evidences and he is arguing based on lack of direct evidences.

As a traditional custom, no air kill will be verified until we found the wreck or its information regarding whereabouts.

Last edited:

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
80% Pakistani muzzi believe they didn't surrendered in 1971 war. And it's not a joke.... They believe they had won all 4 wars against India
Indians can only win
  1. Keep away Mi-17, 1971, books by Pakistani intellectuals leaking info, other wars, oh your daddy did this on that day. We aren't here to "judge" anyone. Stick to aerial engagement of 27 February 2019. Futher any such post, you will not be able to post in this thread.
  2. @Sayaaf You have hopefully said what you wanted to say on IAF's statement. Spamming thread with same screenshot isn't going to help you at all. Except first two, I'll remove all those repetitive screenshots.
Locked it as got even a dozen posts while typing warning alone.:facepalm:
I'm opening this thread once more expecting discretion from members instead of personal attacks. My response will be indiscriminately brutal to everyone after it.

Comment on Topic: @Sayaaf Both, separation of ejection seat as well as redundant reporting of pilot(s) can cause confusion in numbers. If you stop turning a blind eye, you'll find that in initial 50 pages, there have been reports of 1. villagers of capturing two different pilots at distinct instances, and arresting of one while other shifted to hospital as per stated by DGISPR.

There is no sufficient proof (and not nil actually) that India certainly shot down an F-16. But there isn't other away round either. The Foreign Policy magazine report of 2.Pakistani jet count by was itself a paid article deemed incorrect by Pentagon later.

Regards
Opened it!

I just want want to quickly rebut 2 points in your post.

1. DGISPR admitted the mistake in his April press conference. Why not take that in the consideration? As per him, 2 differents units saw the Abhinandan coming down. Reported it differently. Then 1 unit reported the capture of pilot and other unit report injured pilot is being taken to hospital. Both reports came Both report came to him at the same time and without verifying it, he made the mistake.

When all was done and dusted, He corrected his mistake on 27 FEB evening where he said only 1 pilot is in custody?. The villagers had the same issue. Different people say pilots, seat coming down differently. They were mistaken by a distant ejection seat coming down as second pilot and got all riled up and thought it as a second pilot. State of confusion all around.

When Asif Ghafoor took back all of his claims, then why not consider that in the debate of second pilot argumnets?

PAF Officially showed the ejection seat and the its parachute. You can hear in the video clearly, That second seat caused the 2nd pilot confusion

2. There is a clear bias here that Foriegn Policy article was paid one. Nothing suggest factually or objectively that it was a paid article. Pentagon and State department Never ever commented on the contents of the Report. Never termed the report incorrect.

1. Pentagon said They were unaware of the count happening

2. State Department Clearly said, that They will not comment on it because its a G2G issue b/w 2 sovereign countries

You are welcome to correct me on this with Direct exact quotation which negates my point

And why Pentagon was unaware? Because it WAS DOD in conjunction with State Department who conducted the count. Foriegn Policy report mentioned repeatedly DOD High Ranking Officials right? So Pentagon rightly said they were unaware because they never conducted the count!

Your Indian media should have asked DOD which they never did and State Department. sternly refused to comment on the counting reports

So i'll be more than happy to admit my mistake or change my PoV if you are able to refute these points.

Ajax01

Country flag
1. If people could change words so easily then nothing could be held true. One person cannot make so many mistakes and go so far as to claim someone died after 2 days.
2. Ejection seat dont have a parachute of its own. I gave u US AF pilot quote. It falls as a freefall body after pilot seat separation sequence. Hence no chance of mistake. Also people saw 2 pilots on the ground (video with old bearded man describing them and saying 3 not 2 parachute) unless ofcourse seats started walking with human faces. Seat was with Abhinandan's parachute stuffed back into its container.
3. The article was written by Lara Seligman who wrote another article on how good the F16 was sometime back. She is an F16 seller reporter. Also she didn't give names she said some sources said it was done. After grilling she said some other senior reporter told her. Pentagon is the HQ of DOD. People don't say you are lying to your face especially when the respect of their aircraft is at stake. Not aware means it didn't happen. State department neither confirmed nor denied. Hence no one confirmed it. Except for Lara Seligman and her sources. While DoD (Pentagon) denied a count took place.

AbRaj

Country flag
He seems to have improved his stance. No need for a reply like that. But Sayaaf should read previous posts that countered his claims and come back with new info
Why not. It’s a black humour. I’m sure General should have liked it.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

1. DGISPR admitted the mistake in his April press conference. Why not take that in the consideration? As per him, 2 differents units saw the Abhinandan coming down. Reported it differently. Then 1 unit reported the capture of pilot and other unit report injured pilot is being taken to hospital. Both reports came Both report came to him at the same time and without verifying it, he made the mistake.

When all was done and dusted, He corrected his mistake on 27 FEB evening where he said only 1 pilot is in custody?. The villagers had the same issue. Different people say pilots, seat coming down differently. They were mistaken by a distant ejection seat coming down as second pilot and got all riled up and thought it as a second pilot. State of confusion all around.

When Asif Ghafoor took back all of his claims, then why not consider that in the debate of second pilot argumnets?

PAF Officially showed the ejection seat and the its parachute. You can hear in the video clearly, That second seat caused the 2nd pilot confusion
I actually was afraid of misreporting due to redundant reports on the day when conflict happened. So, if ISPR made a blooper, it wouldn't have mattered. It happens often everywhere in war.

Problem remains about declaration of shifting of two crews at distinct locations, for which I'm unable to find a reason for labeling that a mistake. Correct me if I'm wrong, even for villagers, probably issue wasn't about ejection seat spawned in sky. There have been videos of people claiming to have found another guy at hillside.

Yet most certainly their claim remains dubious as there is no video of other guy.

Later on, blown mid portion indicated most certain release of R-73. IAF woke up later to release electronic footage when saw its credibility being questioned. So, if it was a cover up, Pakistani armed forces did a commendable thing honestly.
2. There is a clear bias here that Foriegn Policy article was paid one. Nothing suggest factually or objectively that it was a paid article. Pentagon and State department Never ever commented on the contents of the Report. Never termed the report incorrect.

2. State Department Clearly said, that They will not comment on it because its a G2G issue b/w 2 sovereign countries

You are welcome to correct me on this with Direct exact quotation which negates my point

And why Pentagon was unaware? Because it WAS DOD in conjunction with State Department who conducted the count. Foriegn Policy report mentioned repeatedly DOD High Ranking Officials right? So Pentagon rightly said they were unaware because they never conducted the count!
When I said FP article was paid one, I never said it was funded by or written in intent to favour Pakistan by anyone.

FP along with The Diplomat is considered American propaganda magazine by most Wikipedians and defence enthusiasts. The plane happened to be maufactured by American IP.

Further Pakistan is a key non NATO ally, de facto state ally of Taliban, located between Afghanistan, Iran, China and India, potential balance to India in Arabian Sea and possesses nuclear weapons, isn't a country that is supposed to be ignored.

Similar way, India being only regional power in IOR, only potential counter balance to PRC, potential ally, only country besides PRC with projected national power close to US, only formidable force in military economic size out of North Atlantic and East Asia, and probably only autonomous great power out of security council. But is still an autonomous country and never clearly committed to its alliance or split with west. (Kindly don't deem above to be inspired by my nationalism.)

Best was to keep quiet and that is what they did. It was more of a balancing act when situation was tense enough to not only send both to a war but suspend any relations with country who explicitly took their enemy's stance.

I work with agencies you were calling "unprofessional" and are renowned for certain things. They most certainly won't be fond of committing hara kiri with their own credibility on basis of stunt made out of thin air too.
Your Indian media should have asked DOD which they never did and State Department.
As compared to Pakistan, there is barely any enthusiasm about 27 Feb. event in India.
  1. Event was just a border skirmish, not a war.
  2. Perspectives vis a vis Pakistan.
The Indian perspective about India vs Pak isn't that of rivalry unlike Pakistan. Indian institutions, government, defense enthusiasts, reputed media houses (not stupid one whose videos you'll get YouTube) have increasingly been developing a tendency to keep a distance from Pakistan. If Pakistan is involved anywhere, discussion is about taking PoK back and nothing else.

The steady decline of Pakistan from Indian debates has even reduced importance of having a perspective or policy on Pakistan itself. Increased tendency of projecting themselves at a higher stake.
Even Pakistani analysts (one of two I cited is a security advisor to Imran Khan), hold somehow similar observations.
Their PoV about India may be more negative than positive, it doesn't matter.
Difficult equation - Moeed Yusuf

India burns - Aasim Sajjad Akhtar

Involving with a third party in this dispute not only means directly projecting yourself at a stake lower than that third party. But also have to toe the line of decision made by third party. Considering the nature of US, there is no way that Indian journos would have tended to involve with Pentagon. Nor Indian MEA would have liked it.

For the very reason, Indian politicians don't respond to Imran Khan's nazi nazi tweets, skip meetings or handshakes and for same, there were little or no responses from Indian side during swift retort episode. India simply doesn't react much except territorial disputes.
So i'll be more than happy to admit my mistake or change my PoV if you are able to refute these points
You know I can't. I can't refute your PoV as I don't have anything to rule out what you said. So lies with yours.
Confirmation biases keep both of us stuck with our own PoV. Problem here lies that you believe that your PoV is stronger than ours for involving a third party (USA) which itself isn't uninvolved in this ruckus and can't be deemed a reliable source.

Regards

Last edited:

SavageKing456

Country flag
Indians can only win

Your Indian media should have asked DOD which they never did and State Department. sternly refused to comment on the counting reports

So i'll be more than happy to admit my mistake or change my PoV if you are able to refute these points.

Well you should lookup memorial for shooting down mig21
There it says "This aircraft was shot down by pakistani f16 AM"
While Pakistan was constantly denying the use of f16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles