IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontrunner

Country flag
Been told by insiders that most of the 1st batch of pilots selected for Rafale transition are from MiG-27 background. So focus of the role envisioned for the Rafale in IAF is expected to be very much Strike oriented rather than Air Superiority
Are u sure about it.. i guess squadron no 17 based at ambala is getting rafale which used to earlier operate mig21 nd later disbanded (squadron of our air chief BS DHANOA) nd we haven't yet retired mig27 as in not assigning it's pilots to some other aircrafts.

Rafale is omni role.. nd coupled with meteor it could be very well used as in air superiority role... however i concur it's major task would be to inflict balakot 2.0 nd SEAD & DEAD with all the ISE upgrades intended (low band jammers, sky shield towed decoys, spectra upgradation et al)

uoftotaku

Country flag
Are u sure about it.. i guess squadron no 17 based at ambala is getting rafale which used to earlier operate mig21 nd later disbanded (squadron of our air chief BS DHANOA) nd we haven't yet retired mig27 as in not assigning it's pilots to some other aircrafts.

Rafale is omni role.. nd coupled with meteor it could be very well used as in air superiority role... however i concur it's major task would be to inflict balakot 2.0 nd SEAD & DEAD with all the ISE upgrades intended (low band jammers, sky shield towed decoys, spectra upgradation et al)
EDIT:
Quite sure. 17 Sqd and 22 Sqd will operate Rafale. Sequence of deployment better not to say

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Recent article of Mig 21 shooting down F16 is giving nightmares to Paki. Only 1 relevant question out of 8 odd pages on article, rest is full of abuses or basically Paki closing eyes, putting fingers in ears and singing loudly in an attempt to block truth.

Article puts three salient points (apart from Gafooras own admission) about presence of dosra banda and second plane by

1. Proving distance between two videos of falling debris from sky is in tens of kilometers
2. Both events happened 50 seconds apart.
3. Both events occurred in PoK

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Recent article of Mig 21 shooting down F16 is giving nightmares to Paki. Only 1 relevant question out of 8 odd pages on article, rest is full of abuses or basically Paki closing eyes, putting fingers in ears and singing loudly in an attempt to block truth.

Article puts three salient points (apart from Gafooras own admission) about presence of dosra banda and second plane by

1. Proving distance between two videos of falling debris from sky is in tens of kilometers
3. Both events occurred in PoK
Any academic piece of work makes Jihadi jahils go bipolar. Education is a luxury in Pakistan that occurs only to rarest of the rare.

mayfair

And most importantly they are corroborated by multiple evidences, many of them ironically provided by the Napakis themselves..

Also it revealed the extent of Abhinandan's bravery. He shot down the plane that had attacked the Brigade HQ, even when fully aware that he was in great danger of being shot down. His actions also allowed his wingman to get away. It was Napaki alpha-3 that he brought down, which was lining up to fire at Abhi's wingman.

That's how you demolish propaganda.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
The defender of Indian Skies who chased down a swarm of Pakistani jets right back into their territory.

The killer of PAF F-16, the Ace of IAF, the supersonic warrior Wing Commander Abhinandan back to fly his Mig 21.

Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman Starts Flying MiG 21
A very wrong thing to still ask our pilots to fly MIG 21. We are already suffering pilots shortage and we want to loose more pilots to attrition. No country in this world will be so careless about it's pilots.

Currently we are facing shortage. It's 3:1 ratio compared to PAF. It's a serious disadvantage in war. It will limit our sorties whereas PAF can enjoy more loiter time compared to IAF to attack us day and night.

We are ordering 100 + multi role fighters, adding more flankers, buying used fulcrums from Russia but funny part is we won't have pilots to fly those.

In future I won't be surprised if we need to ask foreign pilots to fly our jets. However it's yet to be seen which country will risk their pilots lives for India's war. This pilots shortage threat is even more dangerous than our falling numbers of squadrons.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Phir khula chhod diya isko????????
This is the problem with you guys.... I'm putting across a genuine issue which needs to be addressed immediately and you guys want close your eyes so you stay in your feel good room. In my honest opinion real traitors are people like you who wants India to remain occupied with such issues

mayfair

No you are not. You have provided no figures, no data, no valid reasoning and most of all pulling stuff out of your Musharraf.

Give me one instance when Indian Airforce has asked foreign pilots to fly for them.

After Sameer Joshi demolished your laughable claims about F-16 shoot down, you have resorted to pulling a new set of facts out of your Musharraf.

cyclops

Country flag
A very wrong thing to still ask our pilots to fly MIG 21. We are already suffering pilots shortage and we want to loose more pilots to attrition. No country in this world will be so careless about it's pilots.

Currently we are facing shortage. It's 3:1 ratio compared to PAF. It's a serious disadvantage in war. It will limit our sorties whereas PAF can enjoy more loiter time compared to IAF to attack us day and night.

We are ordering 100 + multi role fighters, adding more flankers, buying used fulcrums from Russia but funny part is we won't have pilots to fly those.

In future I won't be surprised if we need to ask foreign pilots to fly our jets. However it's yet to be seen which country will risk their pilots lives for India's war. This pilots shortage threat is even more dangerous than our falling numbers of squadrons.
Stop crying already.
We still have more pilots, fighters and overall aircrafts than your PAF, at any given moment IAF can dominate PAF completely.
A pussy airforce that refuses to fly and does not even have the balls to protect its soldiers as they were getting fire bombed with impunity by IAF, in a war napakistan itself started, won't have any chance now; now that the disparity has increased even further so in IAF's favour.

MiG-21 > F-16
IMG_20190301_184103.jpg

Last edited:

Vayuputra

Country flag
Stop crying already.
We still have more pilots, fighters and overall aircrafts than your PAF, at any given moment IAF can dominate PAF completely.
A pussy airforce that refuse to fly and does not even have the balls to protect its soldiers being fire bombed by IAF in a war napakistan itself started won't have any chance now; now that the disparity has increased even further so in IAF's favour.

MiG-21 > F-16 View attachment 37796
My contribution saw it on social media

India:

Sex = M
Age = 21

Pakistan:

Sex = F
Age = 16

You all know what happened

Longewala

Country flag

I honestly didn't see the name of the "contributor" but as soon as I started reading I knew it was mullahganduprasad

vishwaprasad

Country flag
No you are not. You have provided no figures, no data, no valid reasoning and most of all pulling stuff out of your Musharraf.
What data or figures you want? IAF has itself confirmed publically that there is worrisome shortage of pilots in IAF and ratio is way below Pakistan or China... Even our army has expressed worry on shortage of officers... These are well known facts....

Give me one instance when Indian Airforce has asked foreign pilots to fly for them.
I never said IAF asked for foreign pilots.... I said in future I won't be surprised to see IAF asking for foreign pilots.... Read my post again

After Sameer Joshi demolished your laughable claims about F-16 shoot down, you have resorted to pulling a new set of facts out of your Musharraf.
This is not at all a proof.... It's not even being discussed on news channel or even on PDF

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
What data or figures you want? IAF has itself confirmed publically that there is worrisome shortage of pilots in IAF and ratio is way below Pakistan or China... Even our army has expressed worry on shortage of officers... These are well known facts....

I never said IAF asked for foreign pilots.... I said in future I won't be surprised to see IAF asking for foreign pilots.... Read my post again

This is not at all a proof.... It's not even being discussed on news channel or even on PDF
Do you agree to disagree with the fact that India shot down an F 16?

saketkr

Country flag
Tamil
And with this, it is concluded. At last Tamil Nadu has also produced a fighter pilot who has made history, like the keelor Brothers and Nirmaljeet Sekhon before him. Abhinandan Vartaman, the man who shot down an f 16 with a Mig 21. This is the biggest aviation news in the past 2 decades. And this is the most important highlight in the Mig 21's 60 years of service.

Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to promote my own state, but with the way TN is going right now, at least there's one silver lining of what we've contributed to the nation.
Tamilnadu has contributed a lot to the Nation. I am sure Abhinandan is just the latest but not last. Matter of pride and sense of belonging with Team India building this great Nation.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Been told by insiders that most of the 1st batch of pilots selected for Rafale transition are from MiG-27 background. So focus of the role envisioned for the Rafale in IAF is expected to be very much Strike oriented rather than Air Superiority
Like Nuclear Strike.. wink... wink...:devil:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles