IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARREN SS

Country flag
As I said many times before, no fighter is invincible. Given the right tactics, pilot skills and luck an older plane can shoot down a newer plane. So this is not totally surprising.

Thus, even granting for the sake of argument that IAF's Mig-21 did indeed shot down a PAF F-16, still the fact remains that whichever uou look at it, the F-16 will still be the superior fighter versus Mig-21.

And regarding believability, well the IAF is in a fight to save its face against PAF so you should take all their claims with grains of salt. It does not help that the IAF seems to be incapable of showing further proof of downing F-16 that mere say-so. The same cannot be said of these 2 sources from US military who allegedly have access to PAF F-16s.
LOL IAF Bombed 50 KM Inside there territory Un contested-ted Whether It Miss or not another debate

Mig-21 Shot In PAK AirSpace As Per DG ISPR claims (Mig-21 Scrambled 2 F-16 :rofl::rofl::biggrin2::biggrin2:eek:_O)

DG ISPR Claimed they Don't US F-16 but JF-17 Later they deny there own Claims :megusta:

Similar claims are Made by DG ISPR That they have 3 Pilots in custody Which later Became 2 Then 1 Pilot :hehe:

IAF Shown Part of Aim-120C That batch number belong To Pakistan Inventory

I mean It More than month but PAF Not maid Single official Work on 26-27 Feb Incident
or Claimed Whether its JF-17 or F-16

Based Presumption of Noob When No US official Said So You are Happy to make your own conjuncture Based on Your own prejudices For IAF

While official Word Is
Capture.PNG

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Same Leaks Like Iraq WMD Or US Main stream media on Trump Russian Collaboration or Muller Report There Is Nothing Serious About Arms Lobbying This was What US official Said on record
View attachment 33784

USA Is Is Famous For Lobbying I Don't think LM Will Risk Annoying india when 20 billion $ deals at Stake against Rival Boeing

Non sequitur.

It's neither in LM's or US Government's interest to wade into this India and Pakistan issue. The most important strategic preoccupation of the US government right now is to bring India closer. So the best strategy for it in this case is silence. It is thus very clear that the leakers in this news report did the leaks on their own.

As I said expect more leals to come from different parties in the months or even yesrs to come regarding the IAF and PAF tangle.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
LOL IAF Bombed 50 KM Inside there territory Un contested-ted Whether It Miss or not another debate

Mig-21 Shot In PAK AirSpace As Per DG ISPR claims (Mig-21 Scrambled 2 F-16 :rofl::rofl::biggrin2::biggrin2:eek:_O)

DG ISPR Claimed they Don't US F-16 but JF-17 Later they deny there own Claims :megusta:

Similar claims are Made by DG ISPR That they have 3 Pilots in custody Which later Became 2 Then 1 Pilot :hehe:

IAF Shown Part of Aim-120C That batch number belong To Pakistan Inventory

I mean It More than month but PAF Not maid Single official Work on 26-27 Feb Incident
or Claimed Whether its JF-17 or F-16

Based Presumption of Noob When No US official Said So You are Happy to make your own conjuncture Based on Your own prejudices For IAF

While official Word Is
View attachment 33785

The onus is actually on IAF's side to present proof that it shot down a PAF F-16 since it's the one claiming it.

bose

Country flag
As I said many times before, no fighter is invincible. Given the right tactics, pilot skills and luck an older plane can shoot down a newer plane. So this is not totally surprising.

Thus, even granting for the sake of argument that IAF's Mig-21 did indeed shot down a PAF F-16, still the fact remains that whichever uou look at it, the F-16 will still be the superior fighter versus Mig-21.
As anyone claimed that the 60 year old Mig-21 Bis is better fighter than F-16 ? I do not remember it ... those Mig-21s should have gone a decade back ... those antique Mig-21s did batter than the F-16s because we have better pilots.

The day earlier those F-16s could have engaged the Mirage - 2000s but were not confident enough in their capabilities and skills ... The Mirage 2000s went 80 Km deep and the PAF F-16s ran for cover ... If I have been in that place I would have challenged and taken one or two down even if it will be at the cost of oneself ...

The next day they came in heard and crossed mere 3 kms on LoC and once they saw the SU-30 MKI they ran for cover ...

And regarding believability, well the IAF is in a fight to save its face against PAF so you should take all their claims with grains of salt. It does not help that the IAF seems to be incapable of showing further proof of downing F-16 that mere say-so. The same cannot be said of these 2 sources from US military who allegedly have access to PAF F-16s.
IAF need not require to fight to save its face ... Why ? IAF went 80 Kms deep into Pakistani space and bombed the targets and came back without any challenges from PAF ...

The next day IAF chased PAF into their own space [ unlike the day earlier] ... This is the difference between IAF and PAF ... the moment PAF tried to violate IAF chased them back ... We have lost one Mig 21 but have also taken out the F-16s ...

The people at the ground who saw the dog fight said they saw three parasuites coming down ... Where are the other twos ... This proves that one another fighter has gone down ... say for argument sake it is either SU-30 or F-16...

If it would have been SU-30 we would have known by now be in PoK or Indian Kashmir ... it is difficult to hide as we have seen the case of MI-17 helois ...

The only plausible is F-16s that Pakistanis are hiding just like the way Pakistanis are preventing anyone from go near the Balakote strike area but claiming that nothing has happened...

IAF has done what it has been asked to ... Strike hard well into the Pakistani heart land ... 80 kms

IAF has shown that any attempt to cross the LoC will have immediate hit back ...

IAF has also showed to the world that famed US 120 AIM is easy to evade ...

Indian Defense minister has put on record that we have proof of F-16 down and identity of the PAF pilot killed into that skirmish ...

So IAF has no reason to hide anything leave alone face ...

Immanuel

Country flag
He should be claiming defeat since he can't even protect the Kurds. He forgets who did all of the fighting and dying. We do not forget and we will move forward with our loyal proxy army and rebuild their country bringing many contracts and wealth to French corporations.

I do not compare us to US might, Russia I will do it all day. Their numbers don't match our quality. They can't even repair their carrier which is the ultimate symbol of sovereignty.

If they want to waste their time protesting instead of looking for a job that is their business, Macron is not on the top of my list either.
Really? The kurds seem fine, he got Turkey to calm down with it's anal itch.

Well French civilians did all the dying while your leaders in France are incompetent one after the other. The numbers who have died in France due to terror attacks is appalling.

Yes compare yourself to Russia but reality is your quality isn't all that better than their quality or quantity. Neither do you have an industrial base to match the weapons and ammo production that Russia has.

bose

Country flag
The onus is actually on IAF's side to present proof that it shot down a PAF F-16 since it's the one claiming it.
Have PAF provided conclusive proof of downing Mig-21 ? they are claiming ... The Mig-21 may also have technical issues that required pilot to abandon it and eject out...

It is in this forum we have video footage of two single engine fighter going down ...

Mind it it is not a declared war ... There was pressure from both sides to stop escalations ...

You want conclusive proof from Indians and believe in fake leaks from arms merchants of USA

Poseidon

Country flag
Aa for Jordanian F-16s with PAF they were transferred after Congressional approval and have been given PAF regular serials.
More importantly they are based in Bholari near Sindh and would not take part in clashes near LoC.
Only F-16 unit in air that day was PAF 9 squadron.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Unfortunately what I said on 27th feb itself turned out to be true.
There is absolutely no evidence of F-16 shot down:
https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/posts/1486024/

The operative term is evidence. What I cannot understand from the side of IAF is why can't they show proof of F-16 downing than mere press releases? I'm sure they have ways of showing non-sensitive data.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Aa for Jordanian F-16s with PAF they were transferred after Congressional approval and have been given PAF regular serials.
More importantly they are based in Bholari near Sindh and would not take part in clashes near LoC.
Only F-16 unit in air that day was PAF 9 squadron.
Any F 16 transfered would have just blessings of US. Model in question is F 16D. A two seater airplane. With no confirmation from US sources and IAF having EM data, it's very hard for US to refute claims.

All IAF needs to do is release the data and then all hell breaks loose!

bose

Country flag
The operative term is evidence. What I cannot understand from the side of IAF is why can't they show proof of F-16 downing than mere press releases? I'm sure they have ways of showing non-sensitive data.
Please consider the downing of PAF F-16 as a leak from MoD and believe ... you take very leaks seriously and that will help ...

Last edited:

Immanuel

Country flag
The AIM-9X has been demonstrated useless over Syria. It is not good times for the image of US weapons.
Really, more US weapons are used reliably on daily basis around the world than any French weapons for that matter.

The Aim-9X missed because it malfunctioned which happens. Anybody who knows anything about air combat knows that missiles can be defeated or fail to launch, the aircraft was then shot with the Aim-120.

Nigga please!

garg_bharat

Country flag
Friends please trust Indian government official releases. Radar data release may not be done due to operational reasons. Good enough circumstantial evidence from Paki sources that two planes went down and three pilots ejected. I think Indian government does not need to give any more proof than it has already given. Remember Pakistan has been unable to give names of other two pilots.

America is a big source of disinformation in strategic matters. A facade of superiority is very important for Americans. Weapons is a major export for USA. So expecting Americans to tell us the truth here is expecting too much.

Likely no counting of F-16s has taken place in Pakistan as alleged in the report. People forget that PAF is on high alert and planes are regularly in the air. This is not peacetime. The counting part is absolute bogus.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Please consider the downing of PAF F-16 as a leak from MoD and believe ... you believe in leaks that will help ...
Again, there's no comparison. The IAF claims that it shot down a PAF F-16 but either it does not or cannot present proof to back it up. I said before that I just cannot see a proof of it. Now, what this leak is doing is merely reinforcing my earlier observation that the F-16 shoot down claim has no basis.

If the IAF cannot show proof of its claim then I cannot be blamed for continuing to be skeptical of its claim.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Really? The kurds seem fine, he got Turkey to calm down with it's anal itch.
He is getting ready to kick them out of NATO, how is that calming them down?

Well French civilians did all the dying while your leaders in France are incompetent one after the other. The numbers who have died in France due to terror attacks is appalling.
There are no acceptable amounts of deaths. That is why we have the military hunting them down by the tens of thousands. We will keep going until they are eradicated like the cancer they are.

Yes compare yourself to Russia but reality is your quality isn't all that better than their quality or quantity. Neither do you have an industrial base to match the weapons and ammo production that Russia has.
Last time I checked we purchase far more precision guided munitions than they do. Russia is good at making dumb munitions.

Immanuel

Country flag
Again, there's no comparison. The IAF claims that it shot down a PAF F-16 but either it does not or cannot present proof to back it up. I said before that I just cannot see a proof of it. Now, what this leak is doing is merely reinforcing my earlier observation that the F-16 shoot down claim has no basis.

If the IAF cannot show proof of its claim then I cannit be blamed for continuing to be skeptical of its claim.
As said, Indian logic is far more advanced for you to understand, we find it better to have the last laugh when Pukis and all snake oil vendors have done their bidding. This is a long game 4D chess, this includes a whole phase where we appear to be weak, confused, contradicted and bookish.

Meanwhile, you're ass is being gaped without lube.

Enquirer

If the IAF cannot show proof of its claim then I cannit be blamed for continuing to be skeptical of its claim.
All that you're talking about is 'public perception'!
Pakis care for that the most....because they perpetually keep there people in a state of lies/delusions!
India hasn't cared too much for that most of the times....if operational details are supposed to be kept a secret, they will keep it a secret! The accountability within the system is very high (politicians, bureaucracy, military), no one can make false claims!!
As regards the military conflict....both sides know what has happened.....and what could happen next time!!!!

If Pakis indeed gave India such a nose drubbing, they wouldn't be running around the world asking all and sundry to convince India to deescalate :)

WARREN SS

Country flag
The IAF claims that it shot down a PAF F-16 but either it does not or cannot present proof to back it up. I said before that I just cannot see a proof of it. Now, what this leak is doing is merely reinforcing my earlier observation that the F-16 shoot down claim has no basis.
IAF Said It has Electronic Signature of Downing F-16

ISPR Claimed that No F-16 used But AIM-120c Presented by IAF Batch numbers matches
ISPR Lies exposed

Leak Is Conjuncture Not official word Which has no Factual or objective Relevance If official words Not matches it

US embassy rejecting FP claims Made It more in an Arena Of Fake news that is "Source based" Similar o NYT or WP news on Trump Evidence in Muller report

bose

Country flag

We are not here to make a horse drink water from a river when the same horse refuses to drink ...

We are absolutely fine with you believing random unsubstantiated fake leaks ... We have no problem with it ...

We believe in the circumstantial evidence such as eye witnesses and prevailing conditions at the time of dog fight ...

Further we believe what the MoD officials have said [No Leaks...] - They said they have proof and identify of the F-16 pilot ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles