IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy

Can you explain further please?
Pakistan has used their strategic resources to carry-out a simple air strike against India, thus exposing they tactics and loopholes or weakness in their structure which IAF will definitely exploit in coming days.

sunnyv

Ambassador
Country flag
I still don’t understand what was the aim and objective of this Swift Retort .
I mean one uses a strategic asset, like a fighter jet armed with Precision guided bombs and BVRAAMS with some mission objectives in mind.

Was PAF and their think tanks ready to escalate and engage in full war . Bcoz once PAF had struck those Millitary installations - Salvo of Brahmos would have rained in Peshawar and Sakardu like hell. Once u hit a millitary installation it’s an act of war.
Also how can one aim at the left or right of an target. U can not. If TV guided and scene matching is used - The weapon will home in target prefed.
All GPS guided weapons have some redundancy. Aiming just to left of target still has risk of hitting target only. Beyond my Thinking.

Were they trying to bait our ACs , again it’s a foolish but overjealous tactic.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS

9C7D8861-8C23-43DB-832C-051EC8D03F64.jpeg

36241BF9-D2DB-463D-91CC-5F0B57ED991D.jpeg

This is the international version of the F-16.net database by which I mean it’s outside India and Pakistan but the Pakis were able to reinstate there fake claims again about there F-16 Shooting down Su-30MKI after the admin removed the there fake claims the first time. I believe the website is the same everywhere across the globe so you can check out the link and see if the Paki claims are still there or not. For a website that claims authenticity and truthfulness regarding its data they shouldn’t be adding fake claims as facts made by a state which has no proof to back up there fake claims except some western defense magazine and a fake memorial.

E517D324-D089-43ED-94D9-F913D6664323.jpeg

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

View attachment 55997
View attachment 55998

This is the international version of the F-16.net database by which I mean it’s outside India and Pakistan but the Pakis were able to reinstate there fake claims again about there F-16 Shooting down Su-30MKI after the admin removed the there fake claims the first time. I believe the website is the same everywhere across the globe so you can check out the link and see if the Paki claims are still there or not. For a website that claims authenticity and truthfulness regarding its data they shouldn’t be adding fake claims as facts made by a state which has no proof to back up there fake claims except some western defense magazine and a fake memorial.

View attachment 55999
4b0bb3.jpg

• Site name check - f-16.net ✔
  • Site source - Pakistani air force statement (also known as "bro believe me!") ✔
  • Maintains NATO propaganda of "Anything American > Filthy Soviet Junk" ✔
4b0bu62.jpg

Poseidon

Country flag

Neptune

Country flag
The algorithm on F-16.net does not allow to talk bad about Pakistan or their fake kills :lol:

Please overwhelm the website and report back if your comments get rejected. I never liked the website, for a place that tries to act professional they sure are bias.

I wrote that there was no proof of any shoot down and Pakistan cannot provide proof of anything and instead do Bollywood style awards and Bagdad bob propaganda. I then added how Pakistan made dubious claims about shootings down Israelis and Mig-23s that have been debunked and I got an instant message saying the following.

6546CEDD-D3D4-4650-AC58-D56B0C56081A.jpeg

warriorextreme

Country flag
Wait for next few years for porkies to admit that their f-16 was shot down. Just like they admitted in 2011 that they shot down Indian Civilian Aircraft in 1965 or just like they admitted that Kargil was actually not a Mujahid operation but had their own soldiers pretending to be Mujahids & many other such admission that they usually do few decades later :rofl:

For now let them rest in peace & prepare for another of their territory being carved out of them :clap2:

Neptune

Country flag
Sameer Sir destroys Paki propaganda. Hassan Siddiqui’s fake claims exposed. The AMRAAM clearly self destructed. :pound:
The only other possibility is hitting a chaff cloud

It’s beating a dead horse by now but but after 1.5 years Pakistan still has not provided any evidence of ever hitting yet alone downing any MKI. The question becomes, why if Pakistan claimed to hit an MKI they did not release any HUD, radar data, or even radio chatter? Why F-16.net takes unproven claims as fact from well known liars but ignore India when they denied Pakistani claims and presented the supposedly “downed” MKI at the Indian Air Force awards ceremony? Pakistanis are having a field day with this, for them F-16.net is just as good of proof as wreckage. F.16.net is god to Pakistanis.

So again, we’re is proof? It can’t be for “classified” reasons because even Americans often release proof of kills, or at the least the wreckage of kills claimed by America often is found. In Pakistan’s case not only have they not released any proof of anything but no wreckage has ever been found. We know the general area were the MKI was operating but no one found the wreckage, pilots or took video or photos.

So the MKI is 72’ in length, can hold up to 20,700lbs fuel, and can have a maximum take off weight of 76,000lbs but no wreckage? How does an aircraft that large just vanish? How would no one notice a fireball and smoke that would probably rise 500-1000+ feet? Is it a cover up? In that case why India did not cover up the MI-17 downing? India let hostile civilians come up to the wreckage and even take photos. Ironically the MI-17 crashed outside an Indian military base, yet India could not and did not cover up the wreckage.

So to recap:

No HUD
No radar data
No satellite images of wreckage
No audio release of Indians acknowledging a downing
No identity of downed pilots
No tail number
No wreckage
No pilots
No smoke plumes or fireball
No photos
No video
No acknowledgement from India of losing any MKI

Pakistan:

We shot down MKI with JF-17, actually no it was F-16, forget about us denying we ever used F-16s, it’s just a minor misunderstandings but either way we will paint kill marks on both JF-17 and F-16 just because it looks cool. You have to believe us, just look here are some patches, monuments and cheap award shows, not to mention a bunch of cringe inducing photos of Hussan Siddiqui posing for staged photos like a 16 year girl old on Instagram.

Fanboys and administrators on F-16.net:

SOLD!!! we believed you from day one Pakistan, we got goosebumps from all those awards shows and patches.

Rudra7678

Country flag
Is it possible, that in the thick of the action and heat of the moment, Wing Commander Abhinandan, disregarded the Fight Controller Minty Agarwal's warning to "turn cold" from his "hot" pursuit and crossed the line of control, shot down PAF F16 and was also shot down as well before he and his MiG could re-enter Indian air space? Probably to save him from punitive actions, the story of radio frequencies being jammed by PAF, so that no disciplinary action can be taken against him on his return? What do you guys think?

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

cannonfodder

Country flag
I still don’t understand what was the aim and objective of this Swift Retort .
I mean one uses a strategic asset, like a fighter jet armed with Precision guided bombs and BVRAAMS with some mission objectives in mind.

Was PAF and their think tanks ready to escalate and engage in full war . Bcoz once PAF had struck those Millitary installations - Salvo of Brahmos would have rained in Peshawar and Sakardu like hell. Once u hit a millitary installation it’s an act of war.
Also how can one aim at the left or right of an target. U can not. If TV guided and scene matching is used - The weapon will home in target prefed.
All GPS guided weapons have some redundancy. Aiming just to left of target still has risk of hitting target only. Beyond my Thinking.

Were they trying to bait our ACs , again it’s a foolish but overjealous tactic.
You misunderstand their mentality completely. Their thought process is above puny details like mission objectives etc. It was served as golden victory to their awaam i.e. scared the enemy by firing BVR's/attacked military installations, brought down 1 Mig 21 and 1 Sukhoi MKI. Thus, PAF is greatest by grace of god and they have put kaffir in its place.

Their whole narrative hinges on survive to poke again as explained by C. Fair. Victory/loss does not mean anything to them. Otherwise any sane country would have given up with thousand cuts strategy by now given the loses they incurred due to continued militancy support.

shade

Country flag
You misunderstand their mentality completely. Their thought process is above puny details like mission objectives etc. It was served as golden victory to their awaam i.e. scared the enemy by firing BVR's/attacked military installations, brought down 1 Mig 21 and 1 Sukhoi MKI. Thus, PAF is greatest by grace of god and they have put kaffir in its place.

Their whole narrative hinges on survive to poke again as explained by C. Fair. Victory/loss does not mean anything to them. Otherwise any sane country would have given up with thousand cuts strategy by now given the loses they incurred due to continued militancy support.
On the India China standoff thread some dude had said that the pakis have no "strategy".
They only have
Inshallah.

Rudra7678

Country flag

Very well written....
Good article. It only confirms my doubts that Wing Commander Abhinandan's radio frequency wasn't jammed and that he took his own decision to remain in "hot pursuit" of the escaping F16, to score a hit, ignoring the warning and advise of flight controller to turn cold, while his wing man did "turn cold". Probably, he was more inspired for personal glory, rather than sticking to RoE. I am not sure but I think this is the sole reason that he hasn't been interviewed by any news media outlet since his return from Pakistani captivity, his Vir Chakra award notwithstanding.

The other points I think need more attention from the author and readers of the article is the H4 (SOWs) that fell in PoK. I saw some photographs of it and it has been claimed that it is not an actual bomb but rather rocket/motor which is jettisoned once the bomb is launched from air. I am not aware of operation of H4 bombs but if learned readers here can clarify the doubts.

Whether F16 was shot down or not, we have, at best circumstantial evidence. We have videos of pilots ejecting and landing, debris falling back to earth but how is it possible that even after 1.5 years, we have no evidence of wreckage of F16, which should have been burning, bellowing smoke, scorched patch of earth where it finally landed etc. I am pretty sure, an amateur video of the plane would have surfaced now, unless Pakistani army jammed the internet and asked everyone in the area to surrender their phones and delete all the incriminating evidence.

I will be more than happy to be proven wrong on F16 thing.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
It only confirms my doubts that Wing Commander Abhinandan's radio frequency wasn't jammed and that he took his own decision to remain in "hot pursuit" of the escaping F16, to score a hit, ignoring the warning and advise of flight controller to turn cold, while his wing man did "turn cold". Probably, he was more inspired for personal glory, rather than sticking to RoE. I am not sure but I think this is the sole reason that he hasn't been interviewed by any news media outlet since his return from Pakistani captivity, his Vir Chakra award notwithstanding.
I suggested this once, to many people's annoyance... His "bad attitude" comment in the older docu sounded like he's a bit of a loose-cannon.

Last edited:

Rudra7678

Country flag
I suggested this once, to many people's annoyance... His "bad attitude" comment in the older docu sounded like he's a bit of a rambo.
So, I am not the only one thinking about him going "rogue".

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
So, I am not the only one thinking about him going "rogue".
Rogue is a bit too extreme, even if he may have ignored direct orders.

Actually the wingman should have come around & followed him at some distance... Wingman shouldn't abandon the lead even if he's diving into a volcano.

Foxbat

Country flag
Disclaimer: I saw this on PeeDeeF by a poster called Surya, I Googled a few images of a R-73 and its seems to be true:

I found a discrepancy in serial no of R-73 missile displayed by Pakistan.
It lacks - I - sign in it's serial number while all other R-73 missiles have them.

Serial no of R-73 missile displayed by Pakistan
1599826157159.png

While all other R-73 missiles have -I- sign in the middle of the serial no on the missile tail section.

Here you can see -I- sign, then 4840246
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.18.42 pm.png

2. Here you can see -I- sign, then 12098361
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.18.53 pm.png

3. Here you can see -I- sign, then numerals
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.19.01 pm.png

4. Here you can see -I- sign, then numerals
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.19.09 pm.png

I Googled some images and found the same:

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.19.17 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.19.01 pm.png

Status