IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Bad weather + wrong judgment from pilot then.

It was only for PM and President. Defence personnel will still fly in their own equipment.

And Mi-17 crashed a lot? Show me one single fatal crash on Mi-17V5 in India due to a technical issue.
Achha... PM & President were to fly on 12 helos... There are only 6 marine one for the POTUS.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I may get banned... but truth be said.

Sad for General Rawat & all brave personnel on board.

Karma is hitting BJP... The way congis took out Rafale scam from their own a**hole... same way BJP created Augusta Westland scam out of thin air

Those helicopters had to serve a very specific purpose... "Survivability of India's top leadership in most desperate circumstances... specifically those involved in pulling the plug"... in absence of those choppers entire top leadership is flying on Russian khatara maal... adding V5 to mi-17 doesn't mean shit when it comes to Survivability.

Insult karwa liya... ab jaa election lad madharchod.
The scam wasn't off thin air. Don't speak rubbish. It was CBI under UPA that started nabbing the suspects.

Perhaps you didn't follow the reports at that time. Heck, the tender criteria specified the door height to make AW101 to become the only chopper to qualify technical parameter!

Now, don't start yapping just yet. Mi17V5 literally makes thousands of sorties every year and there are hardly any cases of crash. Let the report of crash investigation come out first before you go blaming everyone including the CDS himself for the crash.

Even I am not very fond of BJP govt right now. But there is a limit to which one should to go in spree of fault finding without any reason whatsoever.

You seem to forget at not all Heads of States around the world fly in AW101. Still they are not falling off the sky in their respective helicopters every now and the, are they?

Again, there is a cause behind this crash and have patience to wait for the report.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I may get banned... but truth be said.

Sad for General Rawat & all brave personnel on board.

Karma is hitting BJP... The way congis took out Rafale scam from their own a**hole... same way BJP created Augusta Westland scam out of thin air

Those helicopters had to serve a very specific purpose... "Survivability of India's top leadership in most desperate circumstances... specifically those involved in pulling the plug"... in absence of those choppers entire top leadership is flying on Russian khatara maal... adding V5 to mi-17 doesn't mean shit when it comes to Survivability.

Insult karwa liya... ab jaa election lad madharchod.
In last 10 years 18 AW have crashed, operated by different countries. 10 injured 14 killed.

Also how you can be sure that CDS would have been allotted AW for today's travel?

And last, you will not be banned but corrected so that others can learn how to discern the information.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Anyone got data from flightradar? @mokoman and @mist_consecutive can you guys provide the sat images of the location of the crash? As @Bhumihar said, just want to know about the surrounding and any structure if available.
This won't be on flightradar. Military aircraft movements, that too of VVIP will never be registered on flightradar.

Achha... PM & President were to fly on 12 helos... There are only 6 marine one for the POTUS.
I meant only political top brass. PM, DM, HM, FM, President.

And yes, 12 helos are correct because it is a single squadron strength. Btw military top brass use ALH too which is not configured for any VVIP setup.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Thank you sir. Can you tell me how you found its origin? Is there a way reverse search videos? Like how we can with pictures?
It was pretty obvious that Middle Eastern trash will now be sold like that especially this particular video from Syria which was very viral.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I am desperately for the inquiry report to come out. MI 17 crash is not a small thing and that too a Mi17V5
Fking import lobby is already running articles in NDTV saying V5 is very safe. Where’s this benefit of the doubt when an ALH crashes?

ALH has actually proven itself ridiculously crash-safe and survivable. Rarely does anyone die if a ALH crashes

Also you wouldn’t think it but there’s ~2X the number of ALH in service as V5s yet the latter crash far more regularly and almost always take all onboard

abingdonboy

Country flag
I'm pretty sure AW 101 was only for political leadership. Irrespective defence chiefs would have flown in Mi 17. Having said that Mi17v5 was a recent acquisition and any machine is prone to human error or technical glitch.
May be CDS tragedy will make security establishment quake in their boots and shift to aw101 for PM.
Nope. The AW101s were to be used by service chiefs and likely the CDS (almost certainly in fact) just like how COAS/CNS/CDS use the IAF’s communication squadron EMB-135s

Just because v5s are relatively new doesn’t make them safe. They are moderately upgraded versions of the Mi8 that was designed 50+ years ago. The crash structure and safety features are basically nonexistent

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles