HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

AMCA

Country flag

Narasimh

Country flag
As far as I know, till date all its test flight were without AFCS.
Without AFCS I doubt.. must have been using something.. otherwise It would be very difficult for pilots o control the aircraft at high altitudes

Country flag
Tata & Boeing inaugurate new Hyderabad facility that will build all AH-64 Apache helicopter fuselages globally.

The facility will be the sole global producer of fuselages for AH-64 Apache helicopter delivered by Boeing to its global customers including the US Army. The unit will be going forward with the aim to develop the full-fledged helicopter.

The facility employs 350 aerospace skilled workers in a 14k sq-m facility. Deliveries begin this year to global customers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Tata Boeing facility to produce Apache fuselage launched

Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited, a joint venture of Boeing and Tata Advanced Systems on Thursday inaugurated its facility here to co-produce the Boeing AH-64 Apache helicopter fuselage and other aerostructures.

Spread over 14,000 square meters and employing 350 highly skilled workers, the facility will be the sole producer of the AH-64 Apache helicopter fuselage delivered by Boeing to its customers, including the US Army.

The delivery of the first fuselage is expected later this year.

The facility, inaugurated by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, will also produce secondary structures and vertical spar boxes of the multi-role combat helicopter.

The Apache has been flown or selected for acquisition by the US and 15 other nations, including India.

US Ambassador to India Kenneth I. Juster, Tata Emeritus Chairman Ratan Tata, Boeing Executive Vice President Leanne Caret, Telangana Minister for Industry K.

T.A. Rama Rao and officials of the Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL) and Boeing attended the event.

In November 2015, Boeing and Tata had announced a joint venture for manufacturing aerostructures and collaboration on integrated systems development opportunities in India.A

The foundation for the facility was laid in 2016.
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-apache-fuselage-launched-118030100421_1.html

7.jpg

Prashant12

Country flag
To enhance capacity of Light combat helicopter from 8 to 16 per year: HAL

Defence firm Hindustan Aeronautics has hit the IPO Street. HAL is a 100 percent government held Navratna Company and the largest defence public sector undertakings in terms of value of production.

M Chamola, Officiating CMD, HAL in an interview to CNBC-TV18 shared the details about their expansion plans. The company currently has 20 production units and 11 research and development center, he said.

Talking about Greenfield, brownfield expansions, he said a new facility to manufacture light combat helicopter (LCH) will be coming up near Bengaluru and enhance manufacturing capacity from 8 to 16 helicopters.

He said the government plans to dilute 10 percent through IPO and therefore the proceeds will go to them.

They will be manufacturing light combat aircraft (LCA) which will strengthen its business prospects of the company, said Chamola.

The issue is available at a price band of Rs 1215-1240 and has an issues size is Rs 4113-4198 crore for. Post the issue the implied market cap of the company would be at Rs 40,628-41464 crore.

Talking about capacity expansion, he said it will be around Rs 1300 crore annually and Rs 5000 crore cummulatively over the next five years.

Chamola said the current orderbook for the company stands at Rs 68000 crore and 90 percent of the orders for the company are from defence, while 10 percent are civil orders. Going forward around Rs 60,000 crore orders are expected.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...copter-from-8-to-16-per-year-hal-2531405.html

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Defence firm Hindustan Aeronautics has hit the IPO Street. HAL is a 100 percent government held Navratna Company and the largest defence public sector undertakings in terms of value of production.

M Chamola, Officiating CMD, HAL in an interview to CNBC-TV18 shared the details about their expansion plans. The company currently has 20 production units and 11 research and development center, he said.

Talking about Greenfield, brownfield expansions, he said a new facility to manufacture light combat helicopter (LCH) will be coming up near Bengaluru and enhance manufacturing capacity from 8 to 16 helicopters.

He said the government plans to dilute 10 percent through IPO and therefore the proceeds will go to them.

They will be manufacturing light combat aircraft (LCA) which will strengthen its business prospects of the company, said Chamola.

The issue is available at a price band of Rs 1215-1240 and has an issues size is Rs 4113-4198 crore for. Post the issue the implied market cap of the company would be at Rs 40,628-41464 crore.

Talking about capacity expansion, he said it will be around Rs 1300 crore annually and Rs 5000 crore cummulatively over the next five years.

Chamola said the current orderbook for the company stands at Rs 68000 crore and 90 percent of the orders for the company are from defence, while 10 percent are civil orders. Going forward around Rs 60,000 crore orders are expected.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...copter-from-8-to-16-per-year-hal-2531405.html
For a few months, we have to be careful in believing what HAL is saying, because of the IPO.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
HAL is unable to enhance production of the Products which are on order or confirmed commitment I do not think they can do the same for LCH.
This appears to be misinformation spread only for some other agenda.
IA and IAF commitment is not a sufficient number to ramp up production. There are no export order commitments as of now.

MrPresident

Country flag
For a few months, we have to be careful in believing what HAL is saying, because of the IPO.
IPO is a dud, last i checked only 29% was subscribed. Btw what material is the fuselage made of? is it some specialized steel? if yes was the TOT given to TATA?

Flame Thrower

I bet this is fan made and far from reality.

If I remember correctly Euro coprter's avionics are far better than Chinese Z-10 and LCH. I am not sure whether Ah-1z cobra's avionics are better than euro euro copter.

But unfortunately, euro copter got 7th place. Chinese Z-10 which got 5th place, I still doubt how it got 5th. Author should have explained on what areas it excelled Euro copter and LCH.

Kamov Ka-52 is advanced and more survivable than Mi-28. It also acts as reccie role as well. Author should explain this as well.

Last but not least, Mi-24 is considered as flying tank for a very good reason. If I remember correctly, some of Mi-28 avionics were added to Mi-24 in the upgrade package. This should put Mi-24 in the 8th position or at least before Ah-2 Rooiwalk. I wish author should have considered the upgrade packages of Mi-24 hind.

Pulkit

Country flag
Is there any update on the IOC of LCH ?
It been a while that there has been no update on LCH.

I was hoping to see LSP in 2018 . Its been 8 years since 2010 when the first flight took place and we are still awaiting IOC leave alone FOC. :facepalm:

PS : Concern out of the blue because had discussion with some pessimistic friend yesterday.

Prashant12

Country flag
Is there any update on the IOC of LCH ?
It been a while that there has been no update on LCH.

I was hoping to see LSP in 2018 . Its been 8 years since 2010 when the first flight took place and we are still awaiting IOC leave alone FOC. :facepalm:

PS : Concern out of the blue because had discussion with some pessimistic friend yesterday.

The LCH was accorded Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) on August 26, in the presence of the defence minister.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...h-crucial-indigenous-afcs-118013101673_1.html

FOC is for fixed wing aircrafts and not for helicopters.

Pulkit

Country flag

Prashant12

Country flag
Thanks for the update but that's the only source I could find.
FOC is Final Operational clearance how does that vary from Fixed wing to Rotary.
HAL officials explained that unlike fixed wing aircraft which need Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) and Final Operational Clearance (FOC), helicopters usually get a final clearance. The government had earlier informed Parliament that production plans for LCH have been made from 2017-18.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...inal-clearance-in-november/article7850155.ece

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
I bet this is fan made and far from reality.

If I remember correctly Euro coprter's avionics are far better than Chinese Z-10 and LCH. I am not sure whether Ah-1z cobra's avionics are better than euro euro copter.

But unfortunately, euro copter got 7th place. Chinese Z-10 which got 5th place, I still doubt how it got 5th. Author should have explained on what areas it excelled Euro copter and LCH.

Kamov Ka-52 is advanced and more survivable than Mi-28. It also acts as reccie role as well. Author should explain this as well.

Last but not least, Mi-24 is considered as flying tank for a very good reason. If I remember correctly, some of Mi-28 avionics were added to Mi-24 in the upgrade package. This should put Mi-24 in the 8th position or at least before Ah-2 Rooiwalk. I wish author should have considered the upgrade packages of Mi-24 hind.
Eurocopter has flight ceiling of 4km only which makes it clearly inferior to LCH which has flight ceiling of 6+km. I don't understand why you are fascinated with it. LCH does not have MMR radar yet and it will get it soon. But avionics wise, I don't see why you claim Eurocopter as any better. India is not a novice in making avionics. Tejas and Su30 MKI avionics is made in India. india also made avionics or Jaguar, MiG29 etc even before that. India also made avionics for Rudra and ALH helicopters. I would not discount India on avionics capability.

The only drawback of LCH is that it is lightly armoured due to its lightweight configuration. An attack helicopter must be a bit more armoured and heavier with minimum empty weight of 6ton and MToW of about 10 ton. LCH has empty weight of 2600kg and MToW of 5800kg at sea level and carries a payload of 1.2ton at sea level. The armour of LCH is only resistant upto 7.62NATO. 50BMG guns can pierce through LCH.

I myself don't understand the rationale behind making a light attack helicopter. But other than the fact that it is light, it does not have any more defects

HAL is unable to enhance production of the Products which are on order or confirmed commitment I do not think they can do the same for LCH.
This appears to be misinformation spread only for some other agenda.
IA and IAF commitment is not a sufficient number to ramp up production. There are no export order commitments as of now.
Is HAL responsible for not making Tejas which was ordered in 2006 (20 numbers order)? In this case, not 1 was delivered till 2014. But at the same time, HAL was making Su30 MKI. Isn't it ironic? So, what is the actual problem? HAL or something else? @Pulkit

abingdonboy

Country flag
HAL LCH has IOC and is in LSP with 6 to be delivered this FY but still we haven’t seen any TD with the full self defence suite integrated?

Enquirer

HAL LCH has IOC and is in LSP with 6 to be delivered this FY but still we haven’t seen any TD with the full self defence suite integrated?
Not yet! It’s quite weird that they haven’t integrated them as yet (even though they had a practice run on Rudra!).

Enquirer

India’s StandOff Anti-Tank Missile (SANT) made an appearance at #DefExpo18. A 12-km range version of the HELINA air to surface munition, the weapon is undergoing carriage trials on IAF Mi-35s. First launch likely next year. For the Rudra/LCH/Rustom-II UAS.

I have a feeling that Sant will become standard on LCH/Rudra.
Sant has better range and more importantly doesn’t need the ‘launch tubes’ that add extra weight penalty!!
Sant is rail launched like ALL other heli/aircraft launched ATGMs. Helina always seemed like a stop-gap adoption of Nag onto aerial platforms!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles