F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Bhurki

600 prototyps, with a lot of deficiencies and only a political IOC.
Prototypes?
Not according to usaf.
Usaf doesn't run on politics.

Infact, they are so impressed that they are planning to even convert the test fleet to combat/training fleet.

I guess you wouldn't agree till F-35 actually goes to a war.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Prototypes?
Not according to usaf.
Usaf doesn't run on politics.

Infact, they are so impressed that they are planning to even convert the test fleet to combat/training fleet.

I guess you wouldn't agree till F-35 actually goes to a war.
The older ones will never be upgraded. There are simply technically too far from the next standard, the one expected to be FOC.
They are so impressed that USN prefers SH18 and already paid for a next gen fighter.
F35 remember me the european F104 history....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Combat and trainings are 2 different things ! if a combat jet fighter can make a good trainer, the contrary is not true.
At least the first 6 will serve as flying turkey for the others.
It will not be the last...

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
1610013833794.png

SO MANY THINGS TO DO..... what did LM engineers before?

So many things to do after block 3F (F for... FINAL ! :lol:)

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ikes-with-radar-reflectors-and-aim-9xs-fitted

In fact, the F-35A is less capable in certain respects than an F-16 for strike missions against insurgents. It's targeting capabilities via its Electro-Optical Targeting System mounted under its nose inside a sapphire-glass encrusted framework is based on 15-year-old technology and pales in comparison to the image fidelity and certain key modes offered by latest Sniper and Litening targeting pods carried by 4th generation fighters. The F-35's EOTS is supposed to upgraded under the still as yet to be fully approved Block IV upgrade program that will enhance the F-35's software and some of its key components in the coming decade.

Old before beeing officially born (FOC)
:pound:

Bhurki

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ikes-with-radar-reflectors-and-aim-9xs-fitted

In fact, the F-35A is less capable in certain respects than an F-16 for strike missions against insurgents. It's targeting capabilities via its Electro-Optical Targeting System mounted under its nose inside a sapphire-glass encrusted framework is based on 15-year-old technology and pales in comparison to the image fidelity and certain key modes offered by latest Sniper and Litening targeting pods carried by 4th generation fighters. The F-35's EOTS is supposed to upgraded under the still as yet to be fully approved Block IV upgrade program that will enhance the F-35's software and some of its key components in the coming decade.

I'll let you decide how good the EOTS is.

It has the best integrated awareness suite.
message-editor_1528909000641-ngdas.jpg

Also, it isn't actually 'insurgents' that the F-35 is designed for, those duties will squarely be under domain of regional powers from NATO like france and the UK,
While the US prepares to check russia and china, and those are domains are where a non stealth aircraft will be hard to survive.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I'll let you decide how good the EOTS is.

It has the best integrated awareness suite.
View attachment 73505

Also, it isn't actually 'insurgents' that the F-35 is designed for, those duties will squarely be under domain of regional powers from NATO like france and the UK,
While the US prepares to check russia and china, and those are domains are where a non stealth aircraft will be hard to survive.
Absolutely nothing impressive. A 20+ years old targeting pod is able to match these video quality.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
F-35 Flies With 871 Flaws, Only Two Fewer Than a Year Earlier

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Roper Hints NGAD Could Replace F-35; Why? Life-Cycle Costs
The NGAD program "represents a chance to design an airplane that is more sustainable than the F-35, if in fact the F-35 cannot get its cost-per-flying-hour down," said outgoing AF acquisition head Will Roper.

The F-35 fighter jet’s exorbitant life-cycle costs means the Air Force cannot afford to buy as many aircraft as it needs to fight and win a war today, which makes the Next-Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) program all the more important, says outgoing Air Force acquisition czar Will Roper.
Roper would not be drawn on whether the Air Force was considering downsizing it plan to build a total inventory of 1,763 F-35s

Poor Belgium ! Poor Netherlands! Poor Norway ! I hope for the Swiss and Finlands they will chse something more potent, reliable, affordable.

panzerfeist1

Country flag
thoughts? Press Gaggle With Acting Secretary Miller En Route to Washington, D.C. > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Transcript (z5h64q92x9.net)

Q: I wanted to ask you…Joint Strike Fighter?

A/SEC. MILLER: Which one? F-35?

Q: Yep…say nothing of the littoral combat ship. It’s like the list of flawed acquisition programs…seems endless to me. What is your takeaway about these programs and the Pentagon’s acquisition process?

A/SEC. MILLER: I so…I mean, I cannot wait to leave this job, believe me. But part of me is like, I would have loved to have gotten involved in the acquisition process and try…and you know, talk about wicked problem. I wanted to take that one on….F-35s, the case study. Although, I gotta tell you, yesterday we were talking to some guy, some lieutenant colonel, or colonel, said ‘what are you flying?’ Said ‘F-35,’ I was like that’s a piece of…and he was like…and he laughed, and I was like, ‘no seriously, tell me about it,’ and he was…an F-16 guy, F-35, he said…’unbelievable aircraft,’ I’m not…I…that investment, for…that capability, that we’re never supposed to use, ‘well, we have to deter, blah blah bluh blah…Are we fifth generation? You know we…I think it’s hilarious, you know, right now, you know, ‘well we need to invest in the sixth generation,’ I’m like, we have created a monster, but you know that.

Q: Thank you.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag

That's an old Sniper EOTS itself put inside that sapphire shaped internal pod... hopefully they will be replaced by the Raytheon's offerings...

Global Defence

Articles