DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mokoman

Country flag
Says serial production in 2027 and work on Aircraft is underway I bet rollout by 2025 last quarter,2026 first flight and 2027 production begins same as mk1a.
first bulkhead for kf 21 was build today feb 14 back in 2019 . i think it entered production this year or maybe next year.

frankly wont believe their time lines until i see a pic like below for mk2 :dude::dude:

Azaad

Country flag
Still would need 2-3 years I suppose
LRIP - Low Rate Initial Production. While the product undergoes testing & certification you produce some 4-6 FAs per annum , maybe more as time goes by & parameters gradually get tested & certified.

Post certification , mfg goes into batch production mode while the users subject it to their own trials opening up the flight envelope & testing weapons to write down the standard operation manual.

Feedback from this exercise is also shared with the production team who a long with the development team will also be part of the user trials which in turn gets incorporated into requisite modifications during mfg .

Design fine tuning resulting in modifications during production is a never ending process.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
The report on Arjun mk1a says ....there are some engines ,which will be fitted, there after indigenous option will be used

standard snowball

Country flag
First of all, it is a boon when you place small order instead of one big order. It should be small repeated orders which any manufacturer or user like instead of one huge order.
That's one giant load of bullcrap, small repeated orders are good, How exactly ?

Oh let me guess, By keeping the suppliers second guessing if the next order is ever going to come or not so he decides to not invest money in making an upgrade to the product or production line (bcz he fears his investment is going to fail)
(This is exactly the reason screwdriver giri is so popular in Indian MIC)

LSP has been ordered for Prachand which is undergoing usage and trials in various exercises.
It has been 12 years since it's first flight, T 129 also had its first flight around the same time and there are nearly 80 in service right now, but go on tell me why is LCH is still in testing and why was LSP ordered so late even though On 26 August 2017, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley formally inaugurated full-scale production of the LCH.

So forces are basically making their strategy around Prachand only after which they would know how many units would be there per squadron and how many squadrons of it would be required.
Sounds like Copium to me.

I wonder how does this process works with imported items, because this bak*hodi of piece meal order to form "StRaTeGy" doesn't seem to happen with imported items.
How did IAF know it wanted 126 aircraft in MMRCA deal, how was the "StRaTeGy" formed then.
How do you not know how many aircraft you need, I mean I understand the maximum number can not be guessed but how do you not know your own minimum requirement, why was the number of 114 LCH being kept thrown around then.
The only way you are not sure of the minimum number is when you are not even sure you need the platform in the first place which was not the case with LCH

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
At this point, we will be better off importing the Armata with a redesigned autoloader than repeating the fubar that was project Arjun all over again.
Armata is the norse pagan God of FUBAR... The thing barely exists 🤣

How many of the Guns are still in service ???? Le bhai count karle.

View attachment 240616
It's understandable is they waiting for the cooking to be over. Prachand didn't have the MAWS & ATGM integrated.
ATAGS, MGS, Dhanush etc were all under process. Now big orders of 3000 are to come.

Last edited:

raju1982

Country flag
Rajnath Singh and Modi must take responsibilities for chrrent mess in India's defence preparedness.

AMCA, Ghatak, Tapas, ATAGS, Rudram series, AWACS, P-75I submarines, Nilgiri class frigates, LCA Mk2, HALE drones, UCAVs, MRFA, fighter for carriers all are delayed.

I do not think RS ever questiined DRDO for their babudom.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

In production by 2027 is actually not bad.
Ye log bhi ban hi rahe hy...

Tridev123

Country flag
At last, the long anticipated rebirth of the Sitara IJT.
It was becoming like a blot on our aircraft design expertise.
How the hell can we confidently say that we can design an 5th generation stealth aircraft if we could not resolve the problems with a basic trainer aircraft.

I believe that the root of the problem was that the center of gravity of the plane as per the original design was not conducive to successful recovery during spin and stall trials. (If anybody has more exhaustive information, they can share it).

I hope that we have learnt our lessons on what went wrong and how to ameliorate such type of problems.

The external consultants have done their job. But the changes made in the design, especially the process of analysing the aerodynamic stability of the aircraft and the remedial suggestions made should be used as an educative experience by the concerned design team.

It could even become a case study for Post Graduate students of aerospace engineering.

If it is successfully inducted into IAF service, I am sure that a feeling of happiness and also relief would be felt by our aerospace community.
We did not give up but persevered till we succeeded.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles