DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I know both of these sources are shitty and we saw in sigs debacle on how shit they are but even if there is 10% truth to this(this news was going on Twitter for 1 month anyway) I saw just put your foot down on drdo hal and a private industry maybe Newspace and see how it works.
Problem doesn't ends here. US can stonewall GE-404/414 engine deal as well halting our LCA plans.

We really should have ordered more Rafales.

shade

Country flag

If true I say blessing in disguise uncle Sam wanna do arm twisting fuck them.
These same people cry about why do we buy Russian maal and not Amriki maal.
lol.
They want to say no to free money on the table then so be it.

Anyway instead of sending Agent Rawjesh after turbanned terrorists in North America, we might as well send them after the dalals blocking domestic defense product induction into the forces.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
These same people cry about why do we buy Russian maal and not Amriki maal.
lol.
They want to say no to free money on the table then so be it.

Anyway instead of sending Agent Rawjesh after turbanned terrorists in North America, we might as well send them after the dalals blocking domestic defense product induction into the forces.
First we didn't send agents anywhere that's not how RAW works they pay local goons to do shit from what we have seen so far so Americans are just barking up the wrong tree we wouldn't even make effort for a useless guy like Pannu he is just a mouthpiece might even be CIA as India have officially said so. As for USA vs Russia I am against both fuck them both Russia has looted shit ton of money out of us and gave us 0 so was there plan for so called 5th gen Plane I am pro Indian fuck importing no matter who from and start producing ur own shit when we are fighting none of these countries are gonna come and help us.

shade

Country flag
Can we use Russian/French engines for Tejas mk1a and mk2 or do they not produce enough thrust or something and using said engines would need a full redesign?

ofc getting the Kaveri project to be successful is the best option but still asking

shade

Country flag
First we didn't send agents anywhere that's not how RAW works they pay local goons to do shit from what we have seen so far so Americans are just barking up the wrong tree we wouldn't even make effort for a useless guy like Pannu he is just a mouthpiece might even be CIA as India have officially said so. As for USA vs Russia I am against both fuck them both Russia has looted shit ton of money out of us and gave us 0 so was there plan for so called 5th gen Plane I am pro Indian fuck importing no matter who from and start producing ur own shit when we are fighting none of these countries are gonna come and help us.
Don't think Russkies have ever blocked our purchases over some cooked up story.
I also would prefer we are free of (((foreign vendors))) but thanks to DRDO incompetence and Dalal lalach here we are

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I also would prefer we are free of (((foreign vendors))) but thanks to DRDO incompetence and Dalal lalach here we are
They haven't blocked but do overpromise and under delivery for the money they ask but us and forces and drdo both are at fault here drdo overpromises always and delays the projects and forces prefer foreign products that's no secret.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Can we use Russian/French engines for Tejas mk1a and mk2 or do they not produce enough thrust or something and using said engines would need a full redesign?

ofc getting the Kaveri project to be successful is the best option but still asking
Might have been possible once not now these planes were designed with GE engine's in mind now choosing another engine would need redesign don't think we can afford that rn.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Only if the top missiles are cold launched. And the cell shutters close immediately before the launched missile ignites it's motor.
Uhh nope

Maybe theoretically something can be worked out, but as of right now, AFAIK no deployed system exists that is capable of this.

Blackmamba

Country flag
Might have been possible once not now these planes were designed with GE engine's in mind now choosing another engine would need redesign don't think we can afford that rn.
How about M88-3
M88-3
Diameter/Caliber 790mm 31.1-in
Length 3.6 m 12-ft
Max Weight 985 kg 2,172-lb
Thrust 89.9 kN 20,250-lb
Airflow 72Kg/s

Master Chief

Country flag
Then,we continue running our old planes with jugaad parts like Iran does.. and massively build up our missile arsenals and cheap drones like Iran.. while we take up the long and hard route of indigenous engine design. No question of giving up our guy..

mamamia12

1. What's preventing government in dealing these Dalals and Import Generals with Iron Fist. Do they have Nudes of Modi and Shah? I mean how hard it is to jail them?
2. Do they live abroad making it complicate to arrest them?
3. My specific question is Why hasn't Modi&Co dealt those Import Generals till now. Why did it take a begging from Parrikar to induct Tejas.
4. Does MoD thinks using Iron Fist Policy will erode trust between it and Armed Forces?
5. Do they think it will degrade battle capability(if there exists any such in first place) or do those Generals have some support&backing from some unforeseen elements?.
6. Is MoD expecting the Armed Forces to reform themselves in long run by delaying their import toys?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

lol bhai just search "RD-33 Tejas" in search bar of the phorum and observe results; you are not first one to have made this suggestion, also not first guy to have made complaints about US of A being an unreliable defense partner for us regarding supplies of engines for Tejas

the entire "plan-b" thing of powering Tejas with ruusi RD-33 engine (or a fork like RD-33MK that we have got installed on Mig-29K) is as old as Tejas pre-production prototypes itself;
reminder back then we blasted some nukes in pokhran that made wurld pomlice amreeka throw hissy fits as usual and they severed many joint programs for developing tejas subsystems, most notably a FBW system, we eventally got it done other ways, likewise there was a looming threat over getting F-404, it's said had US of A not agreed to supply us with so desired F-404 then highly likely RD-33 would have become primary powerplant till Kaveri got developed, and why not, they even put a RD-33 on pre-production Tejas in past for ground-based trials
but slowly things got resolved between us two and Kaveri was nowhere to be seen, and we indeed got our hands on F-404 from them so Tejas project progressed as intended

there is a saying "Things you own, end up owning you"...I hate to even consider that idea myself because of issues with ruusi engines and all, but after constantly being played like fiddle by the amreekis and looking at how Porkies are doing overall fine enough with their chini made RD-33 derivative engines... 🤷‍♂️ perhaps keeping that plan-b alive would have been a better option than facing delays after delays just because of question over engine supplies

standard snowball

Country flag
1. What's preventing government in dealing these Dalals and Import Generals with Iron Fist. Do they have Nudes of Modi and Shah? I mean how hard it is to jail them?
2. Do they live abroad making it complicate to arrest them?
3. My specific question is Why hasn't Modi&Co dealt those Import Generals till now. Why did it take a begging from Parrikar to induct Tejas.
4. Does MoD thinks using Iron Fist Policy will erode trust between it and Armed Forces?
5. Do they think it will degrade battle capability(if there exists any such in first place) or do those Generals have some support&backing from some unforeseen elements?.
6. Is MoD expecting the Armed Forces to reform themselves in long run by delaying their import toys?
Several Reasons
1. Opposition will start crying modi is trying to become a dictator and removing opposition from the military.
2. Any anti corruption drive will inevitably lead back to people present in the government and opposition will make life hell for BJP using that.
3. There will be a lot of foreign pressure as many of these dalals have deep relations with foreign countries due to their connections in the respective country's MIC.
4. There would a lot of uproar from the veterans (bcz they themselves were corrupt) as they will see it as a attack on military and it's personnel

Eg. Imagine the outcry against a much needed modernization effort like agniveer and multiply it 100 times

mamamia12

Several Reasons
1. Opposition will start crying modi is trying to become a dictator and removing opposition from the military.
2. Any anti corruption drive will inevitably lead back to people present in the government and opposition will make life hell for BJP using that.
3. There will be a lot of foreign pressure as many of these dalals have deep relations with foreign countries due to their connections in the respective country's MIC.
4. There would a lot of uproar from the veterans (bcz they themselves were corrupt) as they will see it as a attack on military and it's personnel

Eg. Imagine the outcry against a much needed modernization effort like agniveer and multiply it 100 times
But then why not take the decision making of Arms procurement from Armed Forces to any Committee/Agency/Commission/Body empowering them to procure Weapons for Military. The Armed Forces shall fight from henceforth with the weapons provided by that Body only. They can't get to choose their import toys and such. I think Modi is doing that but only to some extent in Ministry of defense.

shade

Country flag
lol bhai just search "RD-33 Tejas" in search bar of the phorum and observe results; you are not first one to have made this suggestion, also not first guy to have made complaints about US of A being an unreliable defense partner for us regarding supplies of engines for Tejas

the entire "plan-b" thing of powering Tejas with ruusi RD-33 engine (or a fork like RD-33MK that we have got installed on Mig-29K) is as old as Tejas pre-production prototypes itself;
reminder back then we blasted some nukes in pokhran that made wurld pomlice amreeka throw hissy fits as usual and they severed many joint programs for developing tejas subsystems, most notably a FBW system, we eventally got it done other ways, likewise there was a looming threat over getting F-404, it's said had US of A not agreed to supply us with so desired F-404 then highly likely RD-33 would have become primary powerplant till Kaveri got developed, and why not, they even put a RD-33 on pre-production Tejas in past for ground-based trials
but slowly things got resolved between us two and Kaveri was nowhere to be seen, and we indeed got our hands on F-404 from them so Tejas project progressed as intended

there is a saying "Things you own, end up owning you"...I hate to even consider that idea myself because of issues with ruusi engines and all, but after constantly being played like fiddle by the amreekis and looking at how Porkies are doing overall fine enough with their chini made RD-33 derivative engines... 🤷‍♂️ perhaps keeping that plan-b alive would have been a better option than facing delays after delays just because of question over engine supplies
Really sad that supply-chain wise we got so complacent.
Thanks for this info though, i thought from the start there was F404 preference once the problems with Kaveri became known.

I read on wiki DRDO Koraput plant has produced 150 RD-33 engines, however we just have some 90 Mig 29s in service across IAF and IN, hope they put these excess engines to use

NutCracker

Country flag
Really sad that supply-chain wise we got so complacent.
Thanks for this info though, i thought from the start there was F404 preference once the problems with Kaveri became known.

I read on wiki DRDO Koraput plant has produced 150 RD-33 engines, however we just have some 90 Mig 29s in service across IAF and IN, hope they put these excess engines to use
Mig29 is twin engine jet brozzer. And due to their low MTBO they will need all the spares we have in the inventory.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles