DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Then why was the 10 year long circus with the WhAP necessary. Asks for an amphibious APC, then deletes the amphibious requirement, orders 14 examples over 10 years and then boom big order from abroad. Refuses multiple turret options, opts for BMP turret and then shitcans the whole thing.
View attachment 228803
Now I'm waiting for ANALysts to explain in which aspects is a fukin LAV 3 superior, if at all.
Then what's the point of drdo when u just waste taxpayers money in making a equipments and after testing it for 10-15 years u just import
And this logic both will be procured doesn't make sense
It increases logistical issues
So foreign product is being procured then it's deliberate attempt to suppress the local alternative
This was the moment import lobby was waiting for many years and that's the reason behind their operandi that is to test the product for eternity
This is the exact reason Americans have held ge-404 engines delivery they want this deal at any cost
I will still wait for contract to sign then I will add whap pic in my dp
Heck even Americans are feed up with Strykers
But no issues
My point is military hasn't changed as we foolish enthusiasts think they are the same for past 75 years
And they will never change
Doesn't matter how much media coverage or sm awareness created these guys have no fear and shame

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Bolne ke pehle socho.
If I want to keep a location under 24 hr surveillance, I would require one drone with 24 hrs flight endurance which could do that. But if I am offered a drone with 18 hr flight endurance, in that case I would have to cough out money for two drones instead of one.
No. If you wanted 24 hrs surveillance, you would need 3 drones (you cannot keep a drone flying 24/7 - maintenace+repair). If you wanted to do the same with 18 hrs endurance drone, you would need 4 drones.

That 33% cost is absolutely worth spending on your own economy, going to your peoples pockets instead of dude in DC - And even assuming, that manufacture in India is not cheaper.

itsme

Country flag
Stryker variants are a big deal, especially AD and anti drone. I think both WHAP and Strykers will work side by side.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
from @rvats
====
Quick & Short Analysis - Will IA induct Stryker?
- Here's a prediction - Nothing will happen to this Stryker deal.
- Yes, I know our GOI and MOD can align quickly when it comes to geopolitical interests (purchase of Apache, P-8I, C-17, C-130) and a suitable AON can be created.
- But Stryker as a weapon system does not fit any operational requirement of the army.
- Let's understand the role of Stryker: It's basically a battle-taxi in the US Army for infantry which otherwise would've gone to battle on military transport vehicles, Humvees and then on foot.
- US Army's standard IFV is M2 Bradley; Cavalry uses the M3 version.
- While you can get option(s), Stryker comes w/o armed turret. At best it has RWS with an HMG and Automatic Grenade Launcher (AGL).
- Similarly, in case of India, our standard IFV is BMP-2.
- We don't have, yet the concept of motorized infantry.
- So far, with exception of few WhaP/Kestrels and Kalyani M8 under Infantry Protected Mobile Vehicle (IPMV) category.
- I had argued earlier that the induction of these vehicles could be the green shoots for emerging Motorized Infantry in the Indian Army.
- Another unique requirement which the Indian Army has is that its IFV/APC should be amphibious.
- This is driven by the presence of rivers and multiple layers of canals in the Western front where Pakistan uses Canals as a defensive feature to slow down and channel Indian mechanized forces.
- Plus, having amphibious IFVs and APCs means less requirement of engineering resources like bridge laying tanks/vehicles and other bridging equipment.
- We've seen BMP-2 swimming across water bodies even in eastern Ladakh.
- Stryker is not amphibious.
- Plus, if the Indian Army is planning to have larger degree of mechanization in the form of motorized infantry, we've the amphibious Kestrel.
- It offers various turret solutions as well.
- Which means it can be used as a standard Wheeled Armored Personnel Carier (APC) with basic RWS as well as a Wheeled Infantry Fighting Vehicle.
- BTW, when tenders were floated for IPMV and Wheeled IFV, former was floated by DG Infantry while the latter was floated by DG Mechanized forces.
- It makes ample common sense to have the same platform for both types.
- Any large-scale induction of Stryker will require a major change in the way whole of the Indian Army operates and fights.
- And I don't think this is happening over Stryker because it does not bring anything cutting edge or substantial to the table.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
some of old offers from uncle santa sam

just because they are offered, doesn't mean they materialise. infact just because white house offers something, doesn't mean they have clearances from their MIC and their legislature.
========

America's unmanned aerial vehicle 'Raven' will be made in India

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...de-in-india/story-yk7AnaCppjySffwbOx5cpM.html

US offers Javelin Anti-Tank Guided Missiles again to India: Sources

Shuturmurg

Country flag
You will struggle to find bigger traitors than the indian military generals in charge of procurement. These guys seem to have 0 interest in fighting a war. Lets see how they get "surprised" by the chinks again and go squirming to MOD for emergency imports like cockroaches
I am sorry but buck stops at defence minister, we cannot elect generals thats why we elect civilian govt. for oversight.

johnj

some of old offers from uncle santa sam

just because they are offered, doesn't mean they materialise. infact just because white house offers something, doesn't mean they have clearances from their MIC and their legislature.
========

America's unmanned aerial vehicle 'Raven' will be made in India

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...de-in-india/story-yk7AnaCppjySffwbOx5cpM.html

US offers Javelin Anti-Tank Guided Missiles again to India: Sources

Add F16 to the list
Apache and C17 brought by IAF through competition and testing
C130, P8 brought due to US pressure
US gov support shifting vintage, old tech production line to India and creating a supply chain
It doesn't matter which gov is power, all politicians love foreign equipment from c130 to ak203 and purchase depends on foreign relations.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles