DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

vishnugupt

Country flag
How, exactly??

Dude, an AI-enabled target identification and engagement system would eliminate the very need for any kind of external command guidance mechanism!! So, in such a scenario, what would even be there for you to jam?? AI models can already outperform and defeat veteran fighter pilots in simulation!! It's not way in the future anymore; it's happening right now, as we speak.
Problem is some people prefer to live rather in dream than in reality. But If I ask you, tell me how many AI driven Drones are in active duty around the world?Answer will be Zero.

AI drones in infancy, can work in limited area, swarm drones also need to share data among them for coordination.

So my basic understanding is even if AI drone come in future, we need to develop robust anti drone ware fares systems to deal with current and future drone threats.

Drones are very cheap and affordable to even small militias so a robust counter measures is more urgent.

If we don’t develop effective anti drone system then there will be a chance that a few goat fuckers can humiliate a great power like happened yesterday with Israel.

Blood+

Country flag
Problem is some people prefer to live rather in dream than in reality. But If I ask you, tell me how many AI driven Drones are in active duty around the world?Answer will be Zero.
Lancet-3 says hi. It ain't no dream no more, my guy. It's happening right now as I said earlier.
AI drones in infancy,
And for how long do you assume it will remain in this infancy—one year?? A couple?? Ever heard of the word foresight??
can work in limited area,
Again, only for now.
swarm drones also need to share data among them for coordination.
Ok, so you have managed to break their formation—then what?? How are you gonna jam their redundant AI systems that are bound to be incorporated in future drones??
So my basic understanding is even if AI drone come in future, we need to develop robust anti drone ware fares systems to deal with current and future drone threats.
Now you are shifting the goalposts; we were talking strictly in terms of electronic countermeasures.
Drones are very cheap and affordable to even small militias so a robust counter measures is more urgent.
Ok. And whoever denied that??
If we don’t develop effective anti drone system then there will be a chance that a few goat fuckers can humiliate a great power like happened yesterday with Israel.
Again, who said otherwise??!!

vishnugupt

Country flag
Lan
Lancet-3 says hi. It ain't no dream no more, my guy. It's happening right now as I said earlier.

And for how long do you assume it will remain in this infancy—one year?? A couple?? Ever heard of the word foresight??

Again, only for now.

Ok, so you have managed to break their formation—then what?? How are you gonna jam their redundant AI systems that are bound to be incorporated in future drones??

Now you are shifting the goalposts; we were talking strictly in terms of electronic countermeasures.

Lancet 3 is AI drone?? Because it was written on brochure??
bas bhai ho gaya aaj ka. I will wait for your AI drones.

Russians already has started working on anti drone systems massively meanwhile you are suggesting we should wait for AI drones.

Brilliant, you should be promoted as UN General. Just wait for unwanted incident by Coat fuckers before you will come back crying for integrated Anti drone systems.

Blood+

Country flag
Lan

Lancet 3 is AI drone??
Yes, sort of. It's got a back up AI target identification and engagement system built in, in case the data link/ sat com is jammed. It's pretty basic at the moment, nothing fancy like GPT-4 or anything, but it's there. Let's just say, it's a trailer of what to come in near future. Exciting times these days, ain't it??

Plus, we have got this baby from IIT Kanpur -

And there's this one - .

And here's AI-powered simulation system wiping the floor with veteran fighter pilots:

And this was 3 years ago!!

Because it was written on brochure??
No, because it HAS them, that's why.

bas bhai ho gaya aaj ka.
You tell me.
I will wait for your AI drones.
You won't need to wait for long.
Russians already has started working on anti drone systems massively
As any military with a modicum of common sense should, what's your point??
meanwhile you are suggesting we should wait for AI drones.
Where did I suggest that?? Don't wanna sound offensive, but you trippin' balls or somethin'??
Brilliant, you should be promoted as UN General. Just wait for unwanted incident by Coat fuckers before you will come back crying for integrated Anti drone systems.
Say what??!! When did I ever say we shouldn't invest in counter-drone systems??!! Are you high or something?? And whatever you're high on, could you send some my way, please?? Could sure use a puff or two right about now.

Last edited:

johnj

AI drones in infancy, can work in limited area, swarm drones also need to share data among them for coordination.

Again, only for now.

Are you both talking about toys ??
If not, UN fails to agree on ‘killer robot’ ban as nations pour billions into autonomous weapons research and other articles
For P5, they always break rules and can easily take huge oppression from human rights activists, but that don't apply to India, and all major enemies having nuke or nuke weapon support.
Better to develop counter measures against all threat from toy drone to multi million military's drones with NG/Q autonomous tech/ swarm capability etc
Developing both drone and counter measures are important

Blood+

Country flag
Are you both talking about toys ??
If not, UN fails to agree on ‘killer robot’ ban as nations pour billions into autonomous weapons research and other articles
For P5, they always break rules and can easily take huge oppression from human rights activists, but that don't apply to India, and all major enemies having nuke or nuke weapon support.
Better to develop counter measures against all threat from toy drone to multi million military's drones with NG/Q autonomous tech/ swarm capability etc
No, not just toys but actual emerging military drones.
Developing both drone and counter measures are important
Yes, never claimed otherwise. All I'm saying is that electronic countermeasures like radio frequency jammers might become largely ineffective in the not-so-distant future. Therefore, we must invest in both soft and hard-kill countermeasure systems, as the Indian Armed Forces are doing.

But somebody's having real difficulty comprehending that.

Last edited:

johnj

No, not just toys but actual emerging military drones.
Emerging military drones is a issue, but militarized toy drone posses greater threat in future for both civilians and military
Yes, never claimed otherwise. All I'm saying is that electronic countermeasures like radio frequency jammers might become largely ineffective in the not-so-distant future. Therefore, we must invest in both soft and hard-kill countermeasure systems, as the Indian Armed Forces are doing.
Yes, true.
Also Civilian security forces, police etc also need drone countermeasures
For military hard-kill countermeasure comes first/top priority and for non military soft countermeasure

Blood+

Country flag
Emerging military drones is a issue, but militarized toy drone posses greater threat in future for both civilians and military

Yes, true.
Also Civilian security forces, police etc also need drone countermeasures
For military hard-kill countermeasure comes first/top priority and for non military soft countermeasure
Absolutely this. I never said jammers would become completely useless as surveillance drones will always require a data link of some sort or other but loitering munitions and attack drones will become virtually immune to such soft-kill countermeasures.

Arpuster

Country flag
Can these babies be used by tapas?
Even if the range becomes half of the original still it will be great weapons against China and pak.
Imagine 100 tapas inside enemy territory raining these.
Or these
These systems are still heavy for Tapas & Archer NG to carry. Better alternative can be Abhyas with a 10-15 kg warhead. It can be 60-70 kg drone launched cruise missile which can be carried in number of 4 by Archer NG and Tapas may be able to carry two. The range of Abhyas is 400 km.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles