DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NutCracker

Country flag
Stop getting your panties in a bunch guys. It's just a trial range for guns freshly made from Gun Carriage Factory Jabalpur before handover to Indian Army.

Dhanush - 2 regiments so far with balance handover by 2026 (114 ordered)

Sharang - Same by 2025-26 AFAIK (300 ordered)
I know. I'm just kidding because of order size.
Testing is most probably for new competitor in the market i.e 52cal variant.

Narasimh

Country flag

Hari Sud

Country flag
War material stores with India

Curious to start discussion on war material stores with the Indian Army, Air Force and Navy. A lot is said on new item purchase & quality, atamnirbhar etc., but nothing is said on stocks and stores on basic rifle ammunition, artillery shells, maintenance stores, missiles, rockets, imported war machine spare parts, locally procured weapons spare parts and everything else I have missed. I have heard that stores and missiles/rockets with India will last 8 to 15 days. With current type of intense wars like in Ukraine, that is insufficient.

If the war breaks out today; rest assured that it will not be confined to LOC or LAC. The whole border will become a war front.

The Israelis realized in the middle of the war that if the enemy is pretending to be silent and co-operative then it does not mean that they are not waiting for an opportunity to strike just as HAMAS did.

All those 5 Eyes electronic intercepts of which America has been proud of, were found to be wanting when HAMAS struck Israel. Luckily, Israel mobilized very quickly and America stood by, with a rescue plan and supply network. India cannot depend on that.

Please do start discussing that also.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
Drones are just hype, India need to develop/strengthen Electronics warfares and counter measures urgently.

Drones days are just numbered. electronic warfares and counter measures are the key.

Soon every soldier will need to carry this extra payload.
drones nd missiles can be nullified by upcoming laser system... artificial or swarm drones cant counter lasers. i think sam missiles will be replace by laser systems.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
brahmos is the perfect weapon along with P-8 for Port Blair. some su30s should be permanently based there and we got a formidable unsikable carrier right there. in fututre maybe a squadron of tedbf and japanese Us-2.
their should be sams (atleast 3 layer with BMD systems) also. chinese navy hv capability to equip anti ship nd land ballistic missiles from their 055 type destroyer/cruiser. so port blair should be highly protected. beside this we should hv SMART missiles (700+ km) for anti submarine role, nd i heard DRDO is also working its light weight varient, which will hv 200-300 km range nd good for mobility. port blaire should hv 3 squadron of aircraft also (su 30 mki, jaguar nd tejas). it should also 3-4 p8i, 5-6 sea guardian UAV, 40-50 naval helicopter, 10-20 droniar.....naval asset like one aircraft carrier, 3-4 destroyers, 3-4 frigate, 3-4 corvette, 3-4 submarine should also deployed there. these naval assets should be mix of old nd new ones.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
It has a 45 caliber and was inducted as a stop gap measure.
dhanush already upgraded in 155mm/52 caliber...
so we hv 3 option in 155 mm/52 caliber category:-
1:- upgraded dhanush - less than 14 ton.
2:- bharat 52 - 15 ton weight.
3:- atags - 18 ton.

Last edited:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
drones nd missiles can be nullified by upcoming laser system... artificial or swarm drones cant counter lasers. i think sam missiles will be replace by laser systems.
No private company has done anything significant for hale,male drones and dosent seem like they will do anything significant for a while so chill it's ade with newspace who will work on hale drones otherwise most private companies are just doing jhumla

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
No private company has done anything significant for hale,male drones and dosent seem like they will do anything significant for a while so chill it's ade with newspace who will work on hale drones otherwise most private companies are just doing jhumla
i didnt say anything for our own drones program...i only said that in future laser system will replace sam missiles to counter drones nd missiles. 😝🤪

jai jaganath

Country flag
I think he means sr uav or whatever it's name is Archer ng is not dead it the new thing
That doesn't make any reasons to be satisfied
It's just like 2 guys going in car and they faced accident and one of them died and other was safe
Very vague logic but abhi dimag main yahi aya
When they didn't had to procure sr-uav then why did they initiated testing of its weaponized version
Why did drdo or hal spent money on that project again to revive it when it has to be killed again
I am not initiating arguments on drone warfare effectiveness
But that could have been our tb-2 and having such platform is not bad or it's useless
It seems import lobby strikes again

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
That doesn't make any reasons to be satisfied
It's just like 2 guys going in car and they faced accident and one of them died and other was safe
Very vague logic but abhi dimag main yahi aya
When they didn't had to procure sr-uav then why did they initiated testing of its weaponized version
Why did drdo or hal spent money on that project again to revive it when it has to be killed again
I am not initiating arguments on drone warfare effectiveness
But that could have been our tb-2 and having such platform is not bad or it's useless
It seems import lobby strikes again
The Twitter user sighted slow and bad range might be the reason for weapon usage it's not really bad we just got experience and firing atgm from a drone platform if it means more focus on Archer ng then I am all in for it.

jai jaganath

Country flag
The Twitter user sighted slow and bad range might be the reason for weapon usage it's not really bad we just got experience and firing atgm from a drone platform if it means more focus on Archer ng then I am all in for it.
Pata nahi kab tak TD ga game khelte rahenge

Tuco

Country flag
This is such a encouraging news, slowly our people are getting into niche areas. Optical sensors, we have world class abilities thanks to tonbo and others. Now we are stepping into RF a. We are slow yes but I would bet we will leave few countries, now which are seemingly ahead, far behind. Watch out for uav exports in coming years.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles