DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Whats the advantage of AESA vs PESA for a WLR? I dont think any artillery shells come with jamming :v
Theoretically : As @binayak95 mentioned, can track multiple targets in a slightly bigger sector in less time. TWS also

Practically : None, a WLR is never going to face such a huge barrage that the difference between AESA & PESA becomes obvious

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
> No prior experience in any kind of auto-cannon R&D let alone Gatling
> No prior experience in gun fired proximity fuze let alone miniaturizing it enough for 20-30mm
> No prior experience in programming while firing rounds let alone doing it when the RPM is extremely high; coz Gatling
> No prior experience in combustible cartridge for small arms let alone making one for such a high rate of fire weapon where chamber temperature will cause cook-offs
> God knows what they mean by camouflage, concealment, firing signature management on a 20-30mm Gatling gun
> Just like everyone is now throwing around AI because of ChatGPT so...AI based autonomous target engagement
> What kind of unique capability is this post firing target damage assessment capability?

In short
Im happy if they copy AK-630 and improve the accuracy aspect of it.

binayak95

Country flag
Theoretically : As @binayak95 mentioned, can track multiple targets in a slightly bigger sector in less time. TWS also

Practically : None, a WLR is never going to face such a huge barrage that the difference between AESA & PESA becomes obvious
oooh it can and thats what I would do - barrage with a battalion of guns in progressive crawling fire to destroy enemy entrenchments.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
> No prior experience in gun fired proximity fuze let alone miniaturizing it enough for 20-30mm
> No prior experience in programming while firing rounds let alone doing it when the RPM is extremely high; coz Gatling
> No prior experience in combustible cartridge for small arms let alone making one for such a high rate of fire weapon where chamber temperature will cause cook-offs
> God knows what they mean by camouflage, concealment, firing signature management on a 20-30mm Gatling gun
> Just like everyone is now throwing around AI because of ChatGPT so...AI based autonomous target engagement
> What kind of unique capability is this post firing target damage assessment capability?

In short

Kuldeepm952

Country flag

In short
Reminds me of this gem, ARDE just gave up on making a ad gun after these debacles, judge sahab Tarik p Tarik, but ye GSQR revise hona kab rukegi
1688717388467.png

porky_kicker

Country flag
Reminds me of this gem, ARDE just gave up on making a ad gun after these debacles, judge sahab Tarik p Tarik, but ye GSQR revise hona kab rukegi
View attachment 213374
True drdo has it share of blames , but nobody blames the bungling by the army and airforce

In my knowledge navy is the only service who are competent enough and far sighted enough to guide and support drdo

Eg developing sonars is very difficult, the navy actually supported drdo inspite of failures during R&D , progressively matured tech, made sensible demands rather than alien type requirements and even ordered less capable systems initially to get production facilities running, and eventually end up with sonars which met their expectations and on which more advanced sonars are being developed

Same for torpedoes, eg Shakti torpedo program was closed initially, navy told drdo to first work on electric torpedoes, and supported it , and now the results are there

This is how one develops pedigree in technology , entire life cycle must be supported , including production, incremental updates will then follow

If navy is involved in the drdo gatling gun program, I am 99% sure it will succeed, I have no hopes for the army, given their track record with arjun., let's see

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I don't know about swathi mk2

However this was developed by amp and drdo and uses aesa

It is not limited to wlr functions , it is more - a multi function radar

If required Search here or Google my tweets for more info

View attachment 213393
EtXOYgxUcAA0_5M.jpg

"coherent TWT based transmitter" doesn't that means there's a single TWT pumping to each antenna, as in PESA; instead of multiple Tx/Rx individual modules of AESA?

Fatalis

Country flag
FFS :mad2:

Honey-trapped DRDO scientist shared details of India’s missile, drone programmes

the female Pakistani operative asked him whether the Agni-6 launcher test has been successful, to which he responded saying: “The launcher is my design babe… It was a great success.”

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Gyyan

Country flag
the female Pakistani operative asked him whether the Agni-6 launcher test has been successful, to which he responded saying: “The launcher is my design babe… It was a great success.”
Also how does he know about Meteor?
DRDO was working on SFDR missiles did they study Meteor for this?

jai jaganath

Country flag
Comon bro
Jis info keliye hum apne metal state ka halat kharab karke rakhe hai woh info honeytrapping se milta hai
I mean we barely get info regarding the projects, timelines and status but these honeytrappers can get it in no time
Mujhe lagta hai samajdar ko ishara kafi hai :megusta::megusta:
Dfians lag jao apne mission me
We need to provide all info regarding defense in dfi

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles