DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Blood+

Country flag
Theoretically : As @binayak95 mentioned, can track multiple targets in a slightly bigger sector in less time. TWS also

Practically : None, a WLR is never going to face such a huge barrage that the difference between AESA & PESA becomes obvious
You an Ultramarine fan??

Blood+

Country flag
> No prior experience in any kind of auto-cannon R&D let alone Gatling
> No prior experience in gun fired proximity fuze let alone miniaturizing it enough for 20-30mm
> No prior experience in programming while firing rounds let alone doing it when the RPM is extremely high; coz Gatling
> No prior experience in combustible cartridge for small arms let alone making one for such a high rate of fire weapon where chamber temperature will cause cook-offs
> God knows what they mean by camouflage, concealment, firing signature management on a 20-30mm Gatling gun
> Just like everyone is now throwing around AI because of ChatGPT so...AI based autonomous target engagement
> What kind of unique capability is this post firing target damage assessment capability?

In short
That's just DRDO in a nutshell - promise the whole fucking universe and then deliver peanuts (for the most part anyway).

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
> No prior experience in any kind of auto-cannon R&D let alone Gatling
> No prior experience in gun fired proximity fuze let alone miniaturizing it enough for 20-30mm
> No prior experience in programming while firing rounds let alone doing it when the RPM is extremely high; coz Gatling
> No prior experience in combustible cartridge for small arms let alone making one for such a high rate of fire weapon where chamber temperature will cause cook-offs
> God knows what they mean by camouflage, concealment, firing signature management on a 20-30mm Gatling gun
> Just like everyone is now throwing around AI because of ChatGPT so...AI based autonomous target engagement
> What kind of unique capability is this post firing target damage assessment capability?

In short
CAG report in 2011-12 says gatling gun was attempted in 95.
Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 11.28.22 AM.png

Lonewarrior

Country flag

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
View attachment 213496
Zara asks details about a missile

our guy says "When you are here will try and show you"

what are the chances that this was a reverse honey trap, when Zara comes here our guy whips out his dyck and says "This is my missile babe"
Tbh are these oldies so dumb as to why anyone normal citizen would want that ? are there brains replaced by brics or something?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Most of the elements are already developed as independent system, may be a new fcs is required. Manpads, doesn't L&T/Kalyani have a gun tot, whap is there for mobility?
Hehehe
Even I used to think that we have everything, see
the whole thing composed of sub-systems we already have with us.
IMG_20230420_204023.jpg
...but then I realised we still lack the most important subsystem; will

Tuco

Country flag
Hehehe

Will, strategic thinking, group thinking where it is required, no synergy between various orgs... Well you name a problem you will find it in our system. The above requirement would just be natural progression else where, here it will be a new war. I was just being optimistic.

Blood+

Country flag
Hehehe

True. How difficult would it be to slap together a GSh-6-30 and a few Iglas and put it on a BMP-2K chassis??

Global Defence

Articles