DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Sachinananda

Guys I have after many days and I thought to ask this question but I kept hesitating for folks being sad but
1)what's the status of lch
2)what's the status of luh
3)what's the status of atags clearance
4)what's the status of tc-20
5)when army will procure Garuda 105

flanker99

Country flag
Guys I have after many days and I thought to ask this question but I kept hesitating for folks being sad but
1)what's the status of lch
2)what's the status of luh
3)what's the status of atags clearance
4)what's the status of tc-20
5)when army will procure Garuda 105
Lch luh lsp have been ordered bigger order wont come before 2024 and dac has cleared 307 atags but no orders yet for the rest nil info

Sachinananda

Lch luh lsp have been ordered bigger order wont come before 2024 and dac has cleared 307 atags but no orders yet for the rest nil info
Regarding integration of atgm in dhruv and lch
When will those things occur
Personally think that army won't induct lch until atgm integration

AnantS

Country flag
You can't believe how lazy people here are

It took me hardly 2 minutes to come up with this. Nothing ground breaking, nothing advanced and the whole thing composed of sub-systems we already have with us.
View attachment 201190
But the best they did was simply take this whole assembly...
View attachment 201191
...and mount it on a truck
View attachment 201192
Mate your drawing holds no value unless you come up with details on how you are re -placing humongous feeder mechanism in Kestrel. Even if you managed to redesign the magazine and shell collection module, no way Kestrel shall be able to come up with volume to house it.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Arre ChaCha, aap phir bhawnaon me beh gayein.
I know there have been modifications to BMPs and BMDs to mount Gsh-23-2. And not just that but even GSh-30 too.
there's no existing example (here in India with them that they can reverse engineer)
When we needed a ship based gun system (CRN-91) we simply pasted the turret of BMP-2 on a ship and when we needed a C-RAM we pasted the whole AK-630 on a truck; this the level of innovation here and you think they can copy an experimental Soviet design just by looking at a grainy picture!?

Chinmoy

Country flag
Arre ChaCha, aap phir bhawnaon me beh gayein.
I know there have been modifications to BMPs and BMDs to mount Gsh-23-2. And not just that but even GSh-30 too.
Your original statement..
Because then they'll need to develop a whole new mount and traverse - elevation mechanism for that, coz there's no existing example of ground mounted GSh-23 they can copy.
So the answer is, there exist an example of ground based GSh-23

When we needed a ship based gun system (CRN-91) we simply pasted the turret of BMP-2 on a ship and when we needed a C-RAM we pasted the whole AK-630 on a truck; this the level of innovation here and you think they can copy an experimental Soviet design just by looking at a grainy picture!?
This part I already covered in the relevant querry.

https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/drdo-psu-and-private-defence-sector-news.55/post-2479595

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Blood+

Country flag
You can't believe how lazy people here are

It took me hardly 2 minutes to come up with this. Nothing ground breaking, nothing advanced and the whole thing composed of sub-systems we already have with us.
View attachment 201190
But the best they did was simply take this whole assembly...
View attachment 201191
...and mount it on a truck
View attachment 201192
Nah, your design is not practicable for the simple reason that there is not enough room in the hulls of any of the existing armored vehicles to house the entire system. A much better solution would be to mount it on a trailer, just like the Americans did with C-RAM.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Nah, your design is not practicable for the simple reason that there is not enough room in the hulls of any of the existing armored vehicles to house the entire system. A much better solution would be to mount it on a trailer, just like the Americans did with C-RAM.
m163-vulcan_2.jpg

FhsrThoacAE1Ktn(1).jpg

Chinmoy

Country flag
What if I had added "in India" after existing example in that original message only?
What would have been your response then mate!?
Right now I'd say, you should have done it.

But bottom line is, you don't need any product to exist in your home to draw inspiration from. It all depends on intent and capability. We are operating Shilka which is based on same 23 mm caliber. So inspiration does exist. Now it depends on intent of designer whether they want to design one with GSh canon or 2A7.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
But bottom line is, you don't need any product to exist in your home to draw inspiration from.
In our case, we need
List just 10 weapons made by us that have absolutely zero inspiration from anything
We are operating Shilka which is based on same 23 mm caliber.
Don't you think there should be some difference between 23×152mmB and 23×115mm

Global Defence

New threads

Articles