DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Blademaster

The Sudarshan can reportedly fire at a rate of 300 rpm, so a twin barrel should give 600, which is more than enough for defending against drone swarms and cruise missiles, but against a barrage of incoming 155mm artillery shells or MLRS rockets, this will struggle, even if a twin barrel configuration is employed, or at least, that's my understanding of it.
What happens to the rounds that get fired from such cannons? I wonder during times of shooting do hapless civilians get hit by such falling rounds?

NutCracker

Country flag
What happens to the rounds that get fired from such cannons? I wonder during times of shooting do hapless civilians get hit by such falling rounds?
these shells contain projectiles of size about a bullet, so I think it will slow down as it reaches to the end of its motion arc.

also Our border states should implement air raid sirens to warn civilians about incoming missiles.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Depends on the type of round and the environment
- if non-explosive round, then they simply fall back
- if explosive round but in sea, then they detonate after falling back in sea
- if explosive round but in air and land, then there's a self destruct mechanism to make sure they're destroyed before falling back over civilian areas

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
these shells contain projectiles of size about a bullet, so I think it will slow down as it reaches to the end of its motion arc.

also Our border states should implement air raid sirens to warn civilians about incoming missiles.
Timed to explode after around 5k of flight even if it doesnt hit anythin.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Lemme see if i can find the video. Sorry its L&T not TASL
View attachment 200964
Upgradation of L-70 by TATA.

TATA L-70.jpg

Salient Features

• Micro-processor based All Electric Drives for Traverse and Elevation
  • T1 based Electro-Optic sight
  • Ballistic Computers
  • Muzzle Velocity Radar for real-time measurement of Muzzle Velocity of the Projectile
  • 10-hour Battery Backup
  • Facility for charging from Commercial Mains as well as a Generator
  • Manual Backup

Chinmoy

Country flag
US3780617-drawings-page-2.png

US3780617-drawings-page-3.png

We could make fun of this, but the reality is, till date we were importing it.

In a missile launching apparatus in which a missile is coupled to a launching rack by an umbilical cord which passes through an opening in the skin or fairing of the missile, there is provided a device for severing the umbilical cord. This device includes a rotatable disk provided wth a hole which is offset relative to the axis of rotation of the disk and through which hole the cord passes. A cable is provided connecting the disk with the launching rack so that upon launching, the disk is rotated through a fraction of a turn. The disk is provided with a knife edge bordering part of the aforementioned hole for purposes of severing the umbilical cord. The hole in the disk is provided in a half of the disk and the other half of the disk is at least substantially imperforate. This latter half of the disk operates to obturate the opening in the skin of the missile after the umbilical cord has been severed. A safety pin is provided to lock the disk against rotation prior to launching of the missile and this pin is of a strength to be sheared when the disk is rotated by the aforesaid cable. In addition, there may be provided a switch which includes an actuator bearing against the disk and adapted to enter the aforesaid hole upon rotation of the disk in order to actuate the switch.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles