DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

jai jaganath

Country flag
How long are we going to do this.
Are generails literal manchild? Such that they have to be forced to eat their veggies?

MoD, Military, Research and Industry should work as a single composite entity to achieve a goal, not what it currently is.
They need kickbacks, post retirement luxurious life, some good amount of money and property
You make the false assumption that this is progress.

The point of these RFI is to get their % not to get the product. The more RFI they float the more kickbacks they get. Just like IAF generals hand over MMRCA boondoggle between generations, IA will do the same here

FRP is a pipe dream
No bro this time they will get whatever they want bcoz they have done literally done most impossible thing that is they successfully challenged negative list, they were able to convince DM and other stuff
It's gonna happen as they will get whatever they want

Srinie

Country flag
However, the Army has not been fully satisfied with this (ATAGS) gun’s performance, and has been looking at procuring a limited number of the Israeli firm Elbit’s Autonomous Towed Howitzer Ordnance System (ATHOS).

The Army is looking at 400 of these guns (for 20 regiments) to overcome what it terms “operational voids in the medium artillery in HAA (High Altitude Area) along the northern borders”.

As reported by ThePrint, Elbit has actually offered to manufacture the guns in India with 70 per cent indigenous content.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
However, the Army has not been fully satisfied with this (ATAGS) gun’s performance, and has been looking at procuring a limited number of the Israeli firm Elbit’s Autonomous Towed Howitzer Ordnance System (ATHOS).

The Army is looking at 400 of these guns (for 20 regiments) to overcome what it terms “operational voids in the medium artillery in HAA (High Altitude Area) along the northern borders”.

As reported by ThePrint, Elbit has actually offered to manufacture the guns in India with 70 per cent indigenous content.
If IAF can manage without procuring any jet why can't army mangae with atags inadequate performance

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
time to repost this meme again

1671562142431.png

alright gais,
starting a mini-series of defense memes,
needless to say it's आपत्तिजनक so brace yourselves

1. le Armee Impoorter
View attachment 146432

next would be one of these
- le air farce one
- le Untied Neshunz Armee one
- le happy MoD babudumb
- le OFB ASSembloor//MenyuFakeChurner
etc

Blademaster

Anyway I am very very happy
Atleast the requirement is moving on
Atags was gale me hadi(bone in throat) for our FRP as IA generals can't procure it as their masters would be upset import lobby would be upset and other problems
But after all who was suffering? It was FRP
Now FRP is damn important if it has to be achieved by death of atags then let it be
Bcoz FRP is more important
Now as they have convinced govt and other authorities it's nice that FRP is moving ahead
Congratulations Athos our new member in family 👪
If atags wouldn't have died then FRP had to die as we know army can't procure it
So let it be
Nothing offensive guys but atags has my salute and 21 topon ki salami
I don't know what other people would do but we being dfians should never ever forget atags' sacrifice for betterment of our artillery program

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:
You are being blackpilled. I do not think that Modi government will allow this RFI to go ahead. I think Modi and his defense minister will ram the ATAGS through the IA generals' throats.

karn

Country flag
You are being blackpilled. I do not think that Modi government will allow this RFI to go ahead. I think Modi and his defense minister will ram the ATAGS through the IA generals' throats.
Today I learned ... Indians don't understand the meaning on "preferably";

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Today I learned ... Indians don't understand the meaning on "preferably";
When did words carry that kind of weight in India though, here meanings change as per the will of the user. We can try to focus on that word but I guess there is a very well intent for a less than 15 tons which is certainly not ATAGS. I believe intent of user is ample clear. Maybe had ATAGS not cleared trials or still ways off, this would have made sense but not now though.

The only question that keeps kicking my mind is why didn't IA made sure that ATAGS was less than 15 tons in the design stage itself? No synergy between Drdo and IA, or just chalta h ji.
This stupidity of not focusing on product in the design stage, not piloting it's progress by the user and then complaining more often when requirements are changed later by the user themselves.
Only plausible reason being that Army was of mind that there would be imports and license produce of videshi gun and ATAGS will be given token orders like that of Arjun.
I believe everybody is more or less familiar with self sabotaging in our armed forces.

karn

Country flag
When did words carry that kind of weight in India though, here meanings change as per the will of the user. We can try to focus on that word but I guess there is a very well intent for a less than 15 tons which is certainly not ATAGS. I believe intent of user is ample clear. Maybe had ATAGS not cleared trials or still ways off, this would have made sense but not now though.

The only question that keeps kicking my mind is why didn't IA made sure that ATAGS was less than 15 tons in the design stage itself? No synergy between Drdo and IA, or just chalta h ji.
This stupidity of not focusing on product in the design stage, not piloting it's progress by the user and then complaining more often when requirements are changed later by the user themselves.
Only plausible reason being that Army was of mind that there would be imports and license produce of videshi gun and ATAGS will be given token orders like that of Arjun.
I believe everybody is more or less familiar with self sabotaging in our armed forces.
If the existing towing vehicle is rated for 15 tons that is what the army will ask for .
Is the IA designing and manufacturing the ATAGS ? What do they have to do with making sure of anything?
Should they have crossed their arms on the atags going nope... still more than 15 tons no need of any trials until weight is reduced.. then the RR would be noooo army does not even let private companies test ?

jai jaganath

Country flag
Sorry brother armed forces are hell bent for Athos no one can challenge Chandigarh lobby be it pmo or mod
So it's dead buddy
If they still force on IA then IA can push the procurement until BJP is ousted from power and if not they will not procure at all
They have no problem as they even know in war like situations if they require they will use emergency procurement and import Athos as atags manufacturing is not possible in such a short time
Win win

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Sorry brother armed forces are hell bent for Athos no one can challenge Chandigarh lobby be it pmo or mod
So it's dead buddy
If they still force on IA then IA can push the procurement until BJP is ousted from power and if not they will not procure at all
They have no problem as they even know in war like situations if they require they will use emergency procurement and import Athos as atags manufacturing is not possible in such a short time
Win win
My question is if the jarnails are appointed by government only then how does Chandigarh lobby exists

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
My question is if the jarnails are appointed by government only then how does Chandigarh lobby exists

You are basically taking from a pool of people who loves imported maals. These pool of resources basically consistently preparing RFI either avoiding indigenous solution or asking some Star Wars systems.

Also till now army did not came with a reason for long ass trials when modern engineering developed leaps and bounds. We have heard about sequential testing which takes years, now ATAGS successfully entered 5 years of Trials. Where is concurrent testing happening, why can't we utilize multiple ATAGS in multiple terrains and test them simultaneously. It will save time and money and helps in identifying issues faster.

ATAGS can move on its own power, fire shells made by OFB, can easily produce in war, better spares availability and save forex reserves and bring 100 of Jobs in country.

Compared to that the Chinese clearly trusted their industrial capability and asked to improve the products based on their deficiency. End result - a good and stable supply chain for Guns, arti etc.

Wake up most of our troops are still fighting with INSAS which is still struggling in current war scenario. We are still not manufacturing guns for troops to handle newer scenarios.

Master Chief

Country flag
If the existing towing vehicle is rated for 15 tons that is what the army will ask for .
Is the IA designing and manufacturing the ATAGS ? What do they have to do with making sure of anything?
Should they have crossed their arms on the atags going nope... still more than 15 tons no need of any trials until weight is reduced.. then the RR would be noooo army does not even let private companies test ?
And how much time do you think it would take for Indian Commercial vehicle Industry to make a vehicle rated to tow a 15 ton gun to tow an extra 3 ton..? 2 months, 2 years or 10 years ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles