DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Chandigarh lobby
What chandigarh lobby is doing is no less than espionage. These guys who are doing this should be stripped of all titles and sent to Gulags, what is the gov even doing about it.
Does the MoD think lobbyist will fall in line without then having to flex muscles?

NutCracker

Country flag
Last edited:

kharabela

Indian Army looking to procure High Mobility Vehicle 6×6 Gun Towing Vehicles (GTV) – Indian Defence Research Wing (idrw.org)
Dec-6- 2022

AoN - 20 Tonne towing capacity.

Take this as you want..

maybe army is maximising the margin to be able to have maximum mobility in hilly/ high terrain.

IA might be content with 18T, but would be happy if it was 15T.

View attachment 186750
View attachment 186751
Yeah but in plain areas of panjab , rajastan extra 2 tons hardly matters . What matters ll be range . 5/7 km extra range ll provide considerable advantage compared to enemy . And they are even transporting K9 which is 50 tons to LAC .

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
However, the Army has not been fully satisfied with this (ATAGS) gun’s performance, and has been looking at procuring a limited number of the Israeli firm Elbit’s Autonomous Towed Howitzer Ordnance System (ATHOS).

The Army is looking at 400 of these guns (for 20 regiments) to overcome what it terms “operational voids in the medium artillery in HAA (High Altitude Area) along the northern borders”.
1671597544518.png

jai jaganath

Country flag
What chandigarh lobby is doing is no less than espionage. These guys who are doing this should be stripped of all titles and sent to Gulags, what is the gov even doing about it.
Does the MoD think lobbyist will fall in line without then having to flex muscles?
Nothing can be done as govt is only 8 years old the system and lobby is present from British India times and 60+ years post independence
Their control over the system and functioning is far more than present govt
If govt finds a way to counter them they find a better way to counter govt
It's all part of anti national forces who wants to weaken us by destroying our mic they have been doing this fro independence
U can't have complete power over system as lutyens street and its subsidiary Chandigarh lobby will never allow u to

jai jaganath

Country flag
My question is if the jarnails are appointed by government only then how does Chandigarh lobby exists
I don't want to be sound as retarded
But if u see u would have heard many officers leaving service after 10-15 years
Mostly if u ask them the reason they will say too much of orthodox, no recognition in form of promotions, other career related stuffs
This is what they say but deep down they know the actual reason for this unchanged and orthodox system and those who are interested in this field also know about it
The reason is to remove productive, efficient, dedicated and not a part of import lobby officers as a result u will get the pool of guys that u want and choose over it
Now u have no option left fir the category u want and few who aren't in this category but still come up to bigger positions are either converted the former or problems are created for them
Guys and @mods if u don't like my post pls delete it
I don't mean to demean my forces
They are utmost respectable and honorable but just a pov of mine
Pls don't judge me badly that's the reason i wasn't writing such bcoz understanding issue might arrive
But I seriously don't want to demean the Chads fighting for us but just highlighting issues and problem existed here
Again I am sorry if my post is disrespectful

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don't want to be sound as retarded
But if u see u would have heard many officers leaving service after 10-15 years
Mostly if u ask them the reason they will say too much of orthodox, no recognition in form of promotions, other career related stuffs
This is what they say but deep down they know the actual reason for this unchanged and orthodox system and those who are interested in this field also know about it
The reason is to remove productive, efficient, dedicated and not a part of import lobby officers as a result u will get the pool of guys that u want and choose over it
Now u have no option left fir the category u want and few who aren't in this category but still come up to bigger positions are either converted the former or problems are created for them
Guys and @mods if u don't like my post pls delete it
I don't mean to demean my forces
They are utmost respectable and honorable but just a pov of mine
Pls don't judge me badly that's the reason i wasn't writing such bcoz understanding issue might arrive
But I seriously don't want to demean the Chads fighting for us but just highlighting issues and problem existed here
Again I am sorry if my post is disrespectful
when did you ask them?

karn

Country flag
And how much time do you think it would take for Indian Commercial vehicle Industry to make a vehicle rated to tow a 15 ton gun to tow an extra 3 ton..? 2 months, 2 years or 10 years ?
Not too long .. but it will take them 5 +years to manufacture and the army to procure thousands of them .

karn

Country flag
Yeah but in plain areas of panjab , rajastan extra 2 tons hardly matters . What matters ll be range . 5/7 km extra range ll provide considerable advantage compared to enemy . And they are even transporting K9 which is 50 tons to LAC .

What's the point of this comparison?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
If the existing towing vehicle is rated for 15 tons that is what the army will ask for .
Is the IA designing and manufacturing the ATAGS ? What do they have to do with making sure of anything?
Should they have crossed their arms on the atags going nope... still more than 15 tons no need of any trials until weight is reduced.. then the RR would be noooo army does not even let private companies test ?
This is the most Surf Excel snotting argument I have ever heard.
Hello, cooperation between agencies, academia and forces, ever heard of that?
Doesn't IA have to atleast specify the requirement if Drdo is making anything for it?

Read again what you wrote and are you trying to justify it?

Only thing that can be argued logically is since some of the new towing trucks are rated for 15 tons gun hence inducting a part of them is preferable. Then again IA doesn't have a whole lot of the new towing trucks, mostly are scania which will have to be replaced sooner or later.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I think he implied in an interview to CNBC18 that they need orders to implement any further improvement.
His words more or less "We can further improve the weight by using titanium alloys later"
Then tell me what difference is their in bringing in private companies, when they have same attitude towards development and designing as our public enterprises?
It was same in case of Arjun. OFB was hell bent on mass orders before improving Arjun and now Baba is showing same attitude.

Chinmoy

Country flag

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Then tell me what difference is their in bringing in private companies,
Difference is no one sinks funds unless there is guaranteed order.
IA wants the fruit without sowing the seeds, that's not how it works.
Is Kalyani receiving state patronage like the OFB?
They have to squeeze out funds from their own profits.

kharabela

Then tell me what difference is their in bringing in private companies, when they have same attitude towards development and designing as our public enterprises?
It was same in case of Arjun. OFB was hell bent on mass orders before improving Arjun and now Baba is showing same attitude.
Baba has done a commendable job if you compare with others though . Its Yesterday's company if we compare it to PSU which has been in business for decades . But in this short period they have shown multiple variants of artillery ( ULH , ULH mounted , marg ER , bharat 52 , garuda ) , and along with DRDO ATAGS , ATAGS MGS . Capability to manufacture titanium artillery . They have also some other systems to show . All this without orders of any artillery . They also managed to export artillery worth 155.5 million $ and own MRO contracts from multiple nations . So they did proved themselves . And have a good future potential .

Aniruddha Mulay

LoL, I have come across many people claiming ATAGS some problem, kindly name a single problem that the ATAGS has

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles