DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just tempted to post it here, though seriously it looks like that raising money for fighter planes is being a problem and hence other methods are being worked out OR maybe some sort of mechanism to get the best deal possible but it's the delays which are a pain in the ass.View attachment 158988

At this rate my Boi Tejasmk2 MWF will fly before even the deal for mrca is signed, slated to be in 2023/24 i guess and maybe around 2026/27 induction.
Out of this 54, 18 would be purchased off the shelf. This would infact save time. As per report, only Boeing and Dassault are the parties involve now.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
are we working on other design (other than tokomak) for fusion ??

like FRC (field reverse configuration) or stellarator ... etc .

blackleaf

Country flag
Do you know why?Because they are german subs in the first place lol
Do you have any source for kSS-3 fuel cell being based on German tech? From what I saw it's developed by bumhan based on GS Caltex's fuel cell technology. And the second batch is based on Samsung lithium battery tech.

The Bumhan developed fuel cell is a PEM fuel cell. PEM is a German technology. Other countries that developed their own fuel cells use different technology. Spain uses an ethanol system while the DRDO developed a PAFC fuel cell.

South Korea probably won't be able to provide any tot since the technology is owned by German.

flanker99

Country flag
Actually its 36,000 crore for 8 ships, not 7.
Will have MFSTAR and a complement of 8 SSM(most likely Brahmos), SAM, ASW.
So a multirole design as good as the Talwar class frigates while displacing under 2000 tons.
displacement wont be that low the rfi mentions <120m length and given the load out and range required weight should be between 3.5k-4k tons....basically frigates i mean even the talwars are 125mtrs

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
displacement wont be that low the rfi mentions <120m length and given the load out and range required weight should be between 3.5k-4k tons....basically frigates i mean even the talwars are 125mtrs
Actually I got this from a news article

gslv markIII

Country flag
Nope, the RFI clearly mentioned ~120 m length. Also a 1500 tonne displacement hull wouldn't fulfill all requirements demanded in the RFI.

flanker99

Country flag
Indian media..... lets wait for something concrete....anyway 5k crores for AF comint jets looks like that wasnt cleared today

Global Defence

Articles