DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

blackleaf

Country flag
Them getting help shouldn't discredit the effort they are putting on their own. They still have to develop most of the critical tech.
We hired Dassault and LM(this one withdrew)as consultants for LCA.Does it discredit what we have done?

KSS-3 has indigenous fuel cell tho? Which sub are you talking about?
Their previous submarines had German fuel cells. Even the KSS-3 has PEM fuel cells based on German technology.

People discredit India's effort when we get help. Brahamos and Barak-8 are considered foreign weapons while the KM-SAM is considered south Korean.
If India had licensed built a submarine from Germany or France then it wouldn't be considered Indian but somehow the KSS-3 is considered South Korean.

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
We must work with whats available whats not can be developed but having a working product is must.
Btw each and everyone of our indigenous weapons have some foreign components..the sword of foreign OEM's veto always hangs over our head..we dont have the scales of production required to produce everything inhouse
main-qimg-7da339de1806c6ce9a37fa5f284d0432.jpeg

images (74).jpeg
images (75).jpeg

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
I dont get what ur point is?!....we will be reliant on foreign parts no matter what but atleast a product will be at users hand.
Brahmos imo is a good example at first it wasnt even 20% indian but now its close to 80 iirc.
How many products end up getting taken over and indigenised by India? BrahMos was an intended joint venture and noting like TFX.
Product being user's end is ultimately useless if it becomes useless at war time since the foreign vendor which provided it distances itself.

So, unless you are in a permanent military alliance or a client state of providing country, this product which is "at least" at user's hand is just least of use since it is strictly for show off purpose only.

flanker99

Country flag
How many products end up getting taken over and indigenised by India? BrahMos was an intended joint venture and noting like TFX.
Product being user's end is ultimately useless if it becomes useless at war time since the foreign vendor which provided it distances itself.

So, unless you are in a permanent military alliance or a client state of providing country, this product which is "at least" at user's hand is just least of use since it is strictly for show off purpose only.
Give me 1 big indian weapon currently that is not dependent on foreign components

radion

Country flag
Their previous submarines had German fuel cells.
Do you know why?Because they are german subs in the first place lol
Do you have any source for kSS-3 fuel cell being based on German tech? From what I saw it's developed by bumhan based on GS Caltex's fuel cell technology. And the second batch is based on Samsung lithium battery tech.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
Give me 1 big indian weapon currently that is not dependent on foreign components
It still doesn't help you out of me.
If any Indian weapon has 20 foreign and 80 Indian, reducing that to 50-50 has only negative repercussions. This regard is what keeps France well ahead of UK and India well ahead of Turkey.

A number of Indian strategic weapons can be completely indigenised in case of sanctions which are already over 90%, particularly missiles, launch vehicles and certain guns and cannons etc..

mokoman

Country flag

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
Dont understand whats the point of shitting on Bayraktar for having foreign components ?

the Turkish drones have already been battle tested .

there will always be foreign components , sensors on the Tapas are from Israel .

:lehappy: i rather we use what ever from where ever than importing full drones from USA for billiions . build up a design and induct it fast and swap out parts as needed.
Just to make sure that stuff like this doesn't happen to India when we are most vulnerable.
Reliability of foreign OEMs also matter, more than just the supply of components.

IMG_20220606_113203.jpg

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag
Just to make sure that stuff like this doesn't happen to India when we are most vulnerable.
Reliability of foreign OEMs also matter, more than just the supply of components.

View attachment 158939
they are still been produced . they simply sourced parts from else where .

we are already using US jet engines for Tejas , same for AMCA as well . any export of Tejas will require 'OK" from burger people . same for maintenance and spares.

:lehappy: meanwhile , how many combat drones do we have ? . any idea when armed Tapas will fly ?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
they are still been produced . they simply sourced parts from else where
The production and quality will be seen in upcoming years when stocks of equipment bought in bulk exhausts.

India might take one or two more decades to make engine, Turkey won't be able to make a fighter on its own at that scale in this half of century at least since it's assembling just drones from foreign parts.

flanker99

Country flag
It still doesn't help you out of me.
If any Indian weapon has 20 foreign and 80 Indian, reducing that to 50-50 has only negative repercussions. This regard is what keeps France well ahead of UK and India well ahead of Turkey.

A number of Indian strategic weapons can be completely indigenised in case of sanctions which are already over 90%, particularly missiles, launch vehicles and certain guns and cannons etc..
Umm...i think u are missing point im not by any means advocating for more foreign maals...what am saying is build a usable product first(irrespective of its foreign content) then rapidly indigenise and upgrade it...so actually reducing the dependence overtime instead of doing it all at once which is time consuming

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
Umm...i think u are missing point im not by any means advocating for more foreign maals...what am saying is build a usable product first(irrespective of its foreign content) then rapidly indigenise and upgrade it...so actually reducing the dependence overtime instead of doing it all at once which is time consuming
In India's, we can rule out an initial product mere an assembly of foreign systems then.
A couple of things like AMCA are better built entirely homegrown though.

flanker99

Country flag
There are quite a few actually:
1) Agni series of missiles
2) Pralay, Prahaar/Pranash
3) Akash SAM
4) NASM-SR
5) QRSAM
I know we are in a good position WRT missiles but some components like 2 way data link are still imported iirc.
Do u have any source for indigenous component of radar and comman vehicles for these systems?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Just tempted to post it here, though seriously it looks like that raising money for fighter planes is being a problem and hence other methods are being worked out OR maybe some sort of mechanism to get the best deal possible but it's the delays which are a pain in the ass.
FUi5KuGUUAEIQgp (1).jpeg

At this rate my Boi Tejasmk2 MWF will fly before even the deal for mrca is signed, slated to be in 2023/24 i guess and maybe around 2026/27 induction.