DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

abingdonboy

Country flag
LCH IADS (integrated air defence system)

It comprises of

1.LWR laser warning receivers
2.RWR radar warning receivers
3.MAWS missile approach warning receivers
4.DIRCM directed infra red counter measure system
5.CMDS counter measure dispensing system

View attachment 56352
Any other confirmation that LCH will have DIRCM?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Does not make sense to have two production lines for HMG. oFB manufactures NSV already. Can someone shed some light on this?
Seems like all of OFB’s latest 12mm Calibre guns have been M2s and that’s what they are supplying for multiple HMG applications. NSV may be being phased out and M2 becoming the standard

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I think Army still hasn't ordered K10 ammunition supply vehicle for K9 vajra. If army goes for more SPG than it should go for more K9's, as it is good for standardization.
Can you justify the requirement? It is also an ARV that can be at the scale of one per battery ... and other existing ARV such as ARV of T-72 or T-90 can be utilized. So far ammunition replenishment is concerned it can be normal Tatra or any 6X6 or 8X8 Vehicle. If the tanks in battle can be supplied based of their supply echelon being based on "B" Vehicles what is so big about artillery who would always remain at least one bound behind the tanks. By the time the need for replenishment arises an axis of maintenance would have come up.

All will depend on cost factors.

Nothing like having K-10 and k77 but the question is - Can we afford it ?? Moreover, can we fit tracked vehicles into ammunition replenishment chain doctrinally? Track vehicles will destroy the track/axis of maintenance and render that unfit for use by B vehicles.

I think FAT would fit the bill.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Exactly it will take a minimum half dozen years to build and test. Minimum another couple of years for "negotiations" and an year to sign the contracts, this is the best projection I can think of depending on the way current the projects are being handled. So another year for the first gun to roll out for induction, easily 2030 - 2031. By then first prototypes of em guns may start rolling out, instead of wasting resource on this project start R&D project for a compact em gun or any other futuristic weapon. We already have a good tracked SPG. I still think that this news is hoax.
Oh God ! you mean we did not sink enough money into Bhim and other SPG projects... How long would one like to kill Indian Army through projects....

Let us face it squarely, Vajra was a result of successive project failures. The Armed Forces, DRDO, and OFB have lost faith on each other completely.... MoD has to look for some other model..

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Waste of time and resources, if the project is under OFB management.
The K9 Vajra has been so successful that some Armoured Corps generals are looking forwards to produce light tanks based on K9 and medium tanks based on K9 to replace their large numbers of T-72.

Let me tell you .. I can clearly see that coming in that way the way K9 has a found favour with Army.

Tuco

Country flag
Oh God ! you mean we did not sink enough money into Bhim and other SPG projects... How long would one like to kill Indian Army through projects....

Let us face it squarely, Vajra was a result of successive project failures. The Armed Forces, DRDO, and OFB have lost faith on each other completely.... MoD has to look for some other model..
Management with even a tiny amount of common sense wouldn't allow this project to continue, where a competitor has already gained a foothold unless you provide something which has substantial advantage which I doubt it would. So probably just a hoax.

JBH22

Seems like all of OFB’s latest 12mm Calibre guns have been M2s and that’s what they are supplying for multiple HMG applications. NSV may be being phased out and M2 becoming the standard
That doesn't make sense NSV is a damn good gun changing whole supply chain for M2, which is more expensive, doesn't add up.
Plus the NSV factory is in Kazakhstan why not get these people to upgrade it. That's why I'm warry of defence planners in India.

abingdonboy

Country flag
That doesn't make sense NSV is a damn good gun changing whole supply chain for M2, which is more expensive, doesn't add up.
Plus the NSV factory is in Kazakhstan why not get these people to upgrade it. That's why I'm warry of defence planners in India.
There can be multiple reasons for it, weight is just one of them. Just because things have been a certain way doesn’t mean they always will be, many will attack these guys non-stop but on technical matters they have their reasons so I’m sure there’s ample justification for this

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Yeah, they made both tracked and wheeled 105mm self-propelled artillery.

With the Dhanush 155mm 52 cal they will do the same thing

wheeled

tracked will eventually come
Idk why mount small calibre on tracked vehicle? The smaller ones are easy to tow anyway.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles