DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why is super sukhoi program stuck I hear no news regarding super sukhoi upgrades it was more important than rafales

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
Just curious, saw in this thread that the battery multi function radar operates in x band and sure as hell the posters at expos and all does say GaN based QTRMs, was wondering if it (GaN in the posters) was just about battery surveillance radar, since both are part of qr sam....
Or did actually LRDE make a GaN based x band TRM module because the official site lists GaN TRM only in L, S and C bands and nothing more....
Couldn't find anything in detail about this out there...
Hey could somebody help me with this?👆
Please....🥺

Tuco

Country flag
bharat 52 The same autoloader as the ATAGS . The main difference between the Bharat-52 & ATAGS is the chamber size which is 23 litres for the Bharat-52 & 25 for the ATAGS.
This might find a favourable response than atags cause of weight issues. With autoloader rate of fire might be high too. It's 15 ton with autoloader so I am guessing around 14 ton without it.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
Since the bmfr brochures states that x band trms are being used , so what's the doubt .

Posting a pic , see if it satisfies your query

View attachment 56888
The doubt was not about the "x band" part but the "GaN" part..i doubt if those x band trm on the radar are those low output GaN based ones......but doesn't matter anyway, as i said, was just curious.....thanks for sharing...✌
And yeah, those radars themselves give QR SAM some serious export potential......

Karthi

Country flag
IMG_20200822_074544.jpg

Using the indigenously developed 0.7 μm gate GaN HEMT discrete device, a 1.7-2.1 GHz 10 W linear power amplifier circuit is successfully designed, fabricated, assembled and tested for the desired performance. The amplifier can be used in the chain as driver amplifier to feed higher capacity power amplifiers. The development for 0.25 μm technology for X band applications is at advanced stage along with passive components. This will enable speedy development of GaN-based MMICs with applications up to X band.

This is a 2017 report . SSPL may be fully developed GaN X band TRMs

gslv markIII

Country flag
Kirloskar Oil Engines is developing new engine platform K4300 for rating upto 3100 hp. I guess that's enough for LCUs/ Patrol Boats/ Smaller Corvettes.

koel.jpg

Development of a 280 mm bore medium speed engine (SEMT Pielstick PA6 equivalent) by KOEL was reported in 2016 but nothing has been heard since.

Articles