DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
If you note the video and compare it with the pic you will see certain similarities though in the video the missile has ejected completely while in the pic its ejecting through the water

1. Nose cone is clean in both the cases during ejection process

2. Water turbulence is just below the nose cone section in both the cases

That means lab testing matched ( predicted ) the real life testing if we neglect the medium ( water / air
)
The post i made previously is wrong , i goofed it up.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Darn it, how did i miss it

Anybody notice anything special ( out of the ordinary ) in the video ?
Incase if one did not notice it like me , the 3rd stage of Kfour ( adjacent to the nose section ) is firing as the missile breaks the water surface ( and hence the dense white smoke at the sides starting just below the nose section ) which takes the missile to the desired safe altitude where the 1st stage of Kfour is ignited to propel the missile as a normal missile would do in the first place.

Normal missile

1st stage -> 2nd stage -> 3rd stage .......

Kfour

3rd stage -> 1st stage -> 2nd stage -> ...... ( No idea after that )

The 3rd stage of Kfour must have pretty powerful motors to lift the entire missile.

Also if one watches the video closely , one will realise that drdo spliced together 2 different portions of video and took out the 1st stage firing portion.

Last edited:

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
But aerospikes are primarily used for slbms no?
For creating that Shockwave effect.
If I am not wrong.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Aerospikes are primarily used for slbms, no?
Yeah that seems to be the norm

But AFAIK current trend for drdo is to adapt SLBMs into land based ICBMs since already cannisterised , compact , low weight etc .

Also that could be a SLBM in the range and payload class of Surya and as i said " i think " so nothing is definite / sure for now atleast from my side

ForigenSanghi

Country flag
Incase if one did not notice it like me , the 3rd stage of Kfour ( adjacent to the nose section ) is firing as the missile breaks the water surface ( and hence the dense white smoke at the sides starting just below the nose section ) which takes the missile to the desired safe altitude where the 1st stage of Kfour is ignited to propel the missile as a normal missile would do in the first place.

Normal missile

1st stage -> 2nd stage -> 3rd stage .......

Kfour

3rd stage -> 1st stage -> 2nd stage -> ...... ( No idea after that ) :confused1:

The 3rd stage of Kfour must have pretty powerful motors to lift the entire missile.

Also if one watches the video closely , one will realise that drdo spliced together 2 different portions of video and took out the inbetween 1st stage firing portion.
I noticed that as well. Almost looks like boosters added to missile rather than firing the actual third stage.

I also get the feeling that the test pontoon was not fully submerged since the ignition of the stage/boosters happens at the surface level.

There is no sign of an air bubble that is seen as a result of a pressurised launch.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Darn it, how did i miss it

Anybody notice anything special ( out of the ordinary ) in the video ?
Yes,it look like rockets were installed on upper stages.
This was definitely a lab test.
Not seen a slbm test like that.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
I noticed that as well. Almost looks like boosters added to missile rather than firing the actual third stage.

I also get the feeling that the test pontoon was not fully submerged since the ignition of the stage/boosters happens at the surface level.

There is no sign of an air bubble that is seen as a result of a pressurised launch.
I think powerful boosters were added for test.
Not will be seen in real missiles launching from our submarines.
Because space below water is premium whether for men or machine.

porky_kicker

Country flag
jjbvf.PNG

Like the one in the previous post , i posted this long ago , i was not able to understand the functionality of this missile section .

Now it seems clear to a certain extent , purpose may not be 100% exact as the Kfour section in the previous post but functionality is somewhat similar IMO

Last edited:

south block

up your a**
Country flag

sthf

Country flag
Pretty sure some porkis are stalking in this thread of Indian weapons and thinking about some imaginary weapons of Pakistan that could compete it or counter it.
Well they are world beaters at that.

I remember when India decided to purchase Apaches, PDF inbreds went " Your loss, we have Anza". India bought Rafales, PDF inbreds went "We have JF-17 which is just as good".

I wonder if Pakistan is mulling disbanding its infantry since Indian Army has rifles and bullets.:pound:

That is one retarded quom.

PS: Just remembered that one inbred compared the payload of PSLV with JF-17 and said that JF-17 is superior since it weighs a lot less and can carry more payload. That post made me laugh for an entire week.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
View attachment 40333

Subsection of HSTDV
Target speed of HSTDV 6 mach
Question not related to HSTDV.

What are those small jet nozzles at the sides on missiles which do path correction? Usually located near to the cone at the top.

I think they are there in Brahmos too..

Forgot the name...

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Question not related to HSTDV.

What are those small jet nozzles at the sides on missiles which do path correction? Usually located near to the cone at the top.

I think they are there in Brahmos too..

Forgot the name...
For fast action and fast movement sir.

Articles