DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

sthf

Country flag
And this also brings into question the official stated range of 450km of HPR.
2 sq m at 450 km means that larger objects can be detected at longer range than specified. At least this is what came to my mind when I read the specs.

Pret

Country flag
In the next 5 years, we are going to see three different types of radars of various purposes.
1st one- HPR - Long-range, aerodynamic target, capable of tracking hypersonic targets. Supplement IAF's IACCS, capable of detecting LO aircraft such as cruise missiles at ~200km
2nd MFCR/LRTR/VLRTR - Operated by the IAF+NTRO, long-range, BMD early-warning and fire control, capable of capable tracking very small targets hundreds of kilometers away.
3rd Project Netra radars- Operated by ISRO or a new hybrid military-civvie entity, strategic, tracking objects thousands of kilometers away in space, protection of space assets, superseding MOTR

porky_kicker

Country flag
I have a pic of Kfour under lab testing but i am apprehensive of posting it in public , actually i posted it and then deleted it immediately as i had second thoughts.

You guys want to see it ? But the problem is i dont want the pic to be public since Kfour has not been officially revealed

@Chinmoy what do you say ?

Only the nose section is visible while the rest of body is hidden by the water turbulence , so safe to post ?

Last edited:

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
I have a pic of Kfour under lab testing but i am apprehensive of posting it in public , actually i posted it and then deleted it immediately as i had second thoughts.

You guys want to see it ? But the problem is i dont want the pic to be public since Kfour has not been officially revealed

@Chinmoy what do you say ?

Only the nose section is visible while the rest of body is hidden by the water turbulence , so safe to post ?
Sirji, why don't you draw it, we will be satisfied with that too.

porky_kicker

Country flag
If anybody noticed the blunt nose cone shape in the picture of
A6/SURYA nose cone
he/she will realise that it has enough internal space for 10 payloads + decoys if it is scaled up to the actual dimensions and i also believe that it has a aerospike which is not shown in the picture.

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
K4 was revealed by DRDO in one of the first few trials.

If you note the shape of the nose section of kfour, you will see that it is unique and different from other Indian missiles.
The way it ejects is unique.

-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag

Seriously i mentioned it that don't quote the said post and yet you did it

Why don't you understand i do it for a reason

Kindly remove my post you quoted

Without quoting the post you can make your point

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Seriously i mentioned it that don't quote the said post and yet you did it

Why don't you understand i do it for a reason

Kindly remove my post you quoted

Without quoting the post you can make your point
If you feel that way from the get-go dont bother posting it. If some no one like me can get access to whatever you post, someone who you think are actively looking for certain info can get it faster.

porky_kicker

Country flag
K4 was revealed by DRDO in one of the first few trials.

Thanks and please don't take it personally about the post removable

Yes

If you note the video and compare it with the pic you will see certain similarities though in the video the missile has ejected completely while in the pic its ejecting through the water

1. Nose cone is clean in both the cases during ejection process

2. Water turbulence is just below the nose cone section in both the cases

That means lab testing matched ( predicted ) the real life testing if we neglect the medium ( water / air )

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
If you feel that way from the get-go dont bother posting it. If some no one like me can get access to whatever you post, someone who you think are actively looking for certain info can get it faster.
That's not the reason

The reason is to avoid getting the pics meta tagged with identifiers ( search terms like name of the missiles etc ) so that it does not show up in google search. And hence i use spoilers and don't indentify the objects by their names when i post the certain pics in the very same post.

That way it does not spread and only the people here can access it

And whatever i post is from open source so nothing classified

Only i take precautions to not spread it and i expect the same caution from you all in exchange of my efforts when i specifically mention it.

That's a small ask in the larger interest

And those who are in the business of accessing info don't play for pennies they go straight for the goldmine

Last edited:

Articles