DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
vbv.png

This is the aerodynamic modelling of a BVRAAM which was commissioned by DRDO for analysis.

Just saying / speculating
It obviously does not match Astra MK1 , so that leaves only one other option..........

@Arihant

You might be interested, since our discussion on the previous wind tunnel model ( it doesn't match either ) which i had posted and which i speculated to be Akash NG and which you felt was Astra mk2 and i was open to that possibility too.

9733010_untitled_jpegf00b416e41190686e1165a3b44a1bf51.jpeg

Anyways nothing is sure , since there can be design changes as per evolving requirements , just posted it for the sake of it. So others can ponder on it .

Last edited:

Vijyes

I'm repeatedly saying same thing. List up the components. We got all the building blocks. We have even demonstrated most of them in other experiments

But it really has to be taken care of how others will react. We most certainly don't need to intensify tensions with west at this stage
ICBM doesn't need to have different components but just have different shaping, design and different methods of coordination. This makes a big difference. How do we know whether an ICBM will work when the shape is changed from IRBM? With the changed shape result in wastage of fuel or cause tumbling oe any other problems? How do we know this without testing?

Noko is police state like USSR. Whatever happens inside isn't told to world.

Unlike us where every negative news is raked up around country and world, communist states have a common characteristic of hiding faultlines to show themselves bright.

Sri Lanka is far more prosperous and stable country.
NoKo is a stable state. North Koreans had slept under trees in Korean war, had their families slaughtered by bombing by USA. NoKo received good aid from USSR and hence had good lifestyle till 1990. It was ruined after USSR collapsed. But people there understand the importance of staying away from USA at all cost and hence didn't revolt. NoKo people hate USA so much that they didn't have to be suppressed by the state in 1990s, even when NoKo was met with severe recession and poverty.

Lanka, on the other hand is a banana republic. We saw how recently president dismissed the PM and lead to tussle.

Doesn't apply on Indian Ocean Region which isn't in immediate proximity of India.

No one could challenge Indian Navy in Indian Ocean unless stationed there. Americans have bases here and can deploy over 24 CBGs. We can't deter even one of them.
Yes, with USA bases, regions outside Indian coastal lines have lesser influence of Indian Navy. But we can definitely deter USA assets if they come closer to the Indian shores in Arabian sea or near Diego Garcia.

What kind of control you want in modern era? Colonialism?
US charges them very high for drilling their oil. Thereafter, petrodollar agreement comes that helps US to carry out sabotages on oil dependent countries by manipulating dollar.
You are not seeing the grand scheme of things. USA gets petrodollar because of a promise to help in spreading Islam. But that didn't mean that USA would allow muslims in large number on its land. So, country like India which hold 20 crore Muslims is the one that is really helping Islam. It was just that Indian people were retarded and didn't think logically in the past due to which USA got the deal and india hot nothing despite India doing bigger share of work. But as of now, India has staked claim to its service and hence as of now, India has higher leverage than USA. Arabs can get rid of USA but not India as of now.

The legacy of petrodollar survives because the world economy got used to dollars and now it is hard to suddenly substitute it. So, it is being gradually phased out. As a first step, USA is barred from buying oil beyond the payment for Military service. Indian influence, however is set to stay as long as large number of muslims stay in India and India can threaten to expel them. So, Indian influence is higher than USA in ME as of 2019. USA only stays there due to legacy. Trump also has stated that USA intends to leave Arabia by 2025.

So, it is incorrect to say that USA has more influence on ME than India as of now. India holds the key. This is the reason why Modi is being invited everywhere with open arms which was not the case for any PM before.

China isn't dreaming of some great kind of spiritual civilization. It's a landmass controlled by a bunch of old people for which China and Chinese people are assets what they use to be more powerful
China is not a spiritual country. Neither is Dharma. Buddhism is spiritual. Spiritualism is just an excuse for cowardice and worthlessness. That is not what either Chinese or Dharmic values teach.

China is a civilisational state and is here to further Chinese civilisation. It will make alliance with anyone and everyone who has overlapping intention.

porky_kicker

Country flag
@porky_kicker @Chinmoy

Do we have any domestic WVRAAM missile under development?????

If you ask me it's high time they did

Then they will have the complete stable of missiles in ther kitty.

WVRAAM will easily spinoff to Manpads , CIWS like RIM 118 RAM etc.

Also WVRAAMs are the most difficult to master

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Well before leaving let me give some info

DRDO is developing / has developed a anti LGB / anti laser guided PGM soft kill system for protection of large static targets against the same . Design parameters calls for near 100% kill probability due to the sensitivity nature of the targets being defended against.

Arihant

View attachment 35980

This is the aerodynamic modelling of a BVRAAM which was commissioned by DRDO for analysis.

It obviously does not match Astra MK1 , so that leaves only one other option..........

@Arihant

You might be interested, since our discussion on the previous wind tunnel model ( it doesn't match either ) which i had posted and which i speculated to be Akash NG and which you felt was Astra mk2 and i was open to that possibility too.

View attachment 35982

Anyways nothing is sure , since there can be design changes as per evolving requirements , just posted it for the sake of it. So others can ponder on it .
I think you have tagged the wrong person dear.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
View attachment 35980

@Arihant

View attachment 35982

Both the models are different. The earlier one had a longer front section. Or the frontal set of fins are placed a bit back. Also the canard and control fins are pure delta unlike the clipped ones on the missile in the CFD analysis.

Having said this, the missile in the wind tunnel is a bvraam for sure. Most likely a longer ranged version of Astra.

Chinmoy

Country flag
@porky_kicker @Chinmoy

Do we have any domestic WVRAAM missile under development?????

These two made it a costly proposition at the time. So instead we had gone for BVRAAM and carried on with R-73.

Even now we are not seeking that path as far as news goes. Maybe after successful induction of Astra and its MkII version, we could see a WVRAAM on work.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Before Astra, we had actually tried our hands on WVRAAM. But the technological challenge was too much to handle.
Primary being the seeker. Russians were not parting on the tech at that time.
Second was the high G factor.
These two made it a costly proposition at the time. So instead we had gone for BVRAAM and carried on with R-73.

Even now we are not seeking that path as far as news goes. Maybe after successful induction of Astra and its MkII version, we could see a WVRAAM on work.
I think the future of wvraam is uncertain. Radar ranges are increasing with aesa and more powerful engines also bigger planes in Stealth era. On the other hand range of wvr missile are approaching bvr category. Asraam have 40 km range! Which is more close to medium range than short.

Probably new hybrid missile with emerge with dual seeker ( both radar and iir ) which will function as both bvr and wvr as needed.

They will be expensive though.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Vijyes

I think the future of wvraam is uncertain. Radar ranges are increasing with aesa and more powerful engines also bigger planes in Stealth era. On the other hand range of wvr missile are approaching bvr category. Asraam have 40 km range! Which is more close to medium range than short.

Probably new hybrid missile with emerge with dual seeker ( both radar and iir ) which will function as both bvr and wvr as needed.

WVR has kill NEZ of 10km whereas BVR has kill NEZ of at least 25km. The definition of WVR is thrown out if it has higher range than what can be seen with eye vision. WVR stands for "Within Visual Range"

Chinmoy

Country flag

Well.............. We can't say that. US has thought such and had to pay a price. KR of BVRAAM is low when compared to WVRAAM. With increase in RADAR ranges, incremental development is also taking place in counter measure. Stealth is one aspect. So in case two stealth fighters approach each other, WVRAAM would be the missile to fire then BVRAAM. Or rather it would be a Dog fight with close in weapons rather then a long range missile. For instance the recent 27Feb incident.

So we cant write off WVRAAM yet.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
WVR has kill NEZ of 10km whereas BVR has kill NEZ of at least 25km. The definition of WVR is thrown out if it has higher range than what can be seen with eye vision. WVR stands for "Within Visual Range"
NEZ theory depends upon the rocket motor and burn rate of the fuel. Mica IR has same fuel and motor of mica rf....

Articles