DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
# Super range - with enlarged chamber -25 liters -leads to more chamber pressure, safety issue, recoil issues and differences in parts with other guns.

# Enhanced Weight - 3 ton more than other guns. After all mobility of guns is a substantial issue besides the issue of commonality of parts. It is not correct to say that three ton more will not reduce mobility.

These two issues may need to be resolved. It needs to be ascertained how many parts are dissimilar from other guns . I think ATAGS might have to wait for some more time.
Baba kalyani Said in one interview said that new piece of ATAGS which is in making shall be 2 tons lighter in weight.

Bhadra

Country flag
ATAGS is a great gun...they might reduce the weight a little bit in the next iteration (not sure by how much).
That said, DRDO is mostly to be blamed here as they've been claiming for 15 years that ATAGS will be 12 tons in weight.....and that it would be the lightest gun with the max range!!
DRDO needs to stop this BS of excessive boasting!!
But, ultimately Army shouldn't reject ATAGS...........
With a 25 liter chamber it would be difficult.
It is such a huge chamber that it necessitates corresponding weight on mount and recoil systems.
What is use of farts like "world's largest" range achievements when in order to have such claims you end up with a gun system which has three ton more weight.
Is that accolade more important or functionality and ease of operations more important ?
For DODOs "Eureka" moments are more important.
Publicity and claim / fame hungry imbeciles masquerading as Scientists !.

Bhadra

Country flag
I don't want to say this but the senior here is acting like a Salesman for ATHOS "OH MY GOD GUN".
Now you bring in ATHOS. You mean to say this man you are blaming is a member of DAC? Is he in selection committee?

God save this country if this type of people are in HIGHER ECHELONS OF INDIAN ARMY.
WHEN I ask him "replace our soldiers with mercenary soldiers" and GO FOR FULL IMPORT.
He become sentimental.
No, he should not.
Who taught Science and Mathematics, philosophy and astronomy to Arabs, Persians and Greeks, Chinese and in SE asia? They were DRDO like Pundits / Brahmins. They were all mercenaries,,,,

Who ran the Muslim rule in India? Who were the scholars of Persian in India? All mercinary DRDO type Brahmins .. were not they ?
Who ran British rule in India ? Who were the English educated Babus ? DRDO type Brahmin and educated Babus, all right !!
Indian soldiers were always mercenaries but the best ones at that. No foreigners could have ever ruled India without the help of Indians themselves - that is not a revelation. The Bengal Native Army consisted of almost 1/4 brahmins of Ganga Jamuni - a la Mangal Pandey ... that was the extent upto which Indians could be forced to be mercenaries.

KAHE? Stomach pe laat mat maaro bhai.
Why? This is absurd question I know but if
Government fills those stomachs very well from "Defense Budget" with thick pay and perks. That is the whole problems. If it was the question of stomach like western industry - we would have had the best of research and technology from DRDO.

But stomachs are filled and no one can "Lat Maro" ... Wahi to samasya hai. That is what is called being mercenaries - spending time of DFI rather than in research..

WE will not induct our own good guns THOSE WHO HAVE PASSED Trials too then how we can think of becoming a major exporter, I don't know please anybody tell me.

If Indians do not buy gold, no one will buy Indian gold. If Indian women do not adorn themselves with diamonds, diamonds will not sell in Amsterdam !! What an argument.

Every weapon does not come in perfect shape first time it requires time to become mature, here in this forum I don't need to say this, everybody know.
Right. The fault are being pointed out. Why not rectify those rather than come and do trade unionism here.

But some of our few guys in this forum don't want to believe that.
"APNE PAIR PAR KAISE KULHADI MAARNI HAI..... NO NO NO NO...... KAISE APNE PAIR KO KATA JATA HAI KOI IN IMPORT LOBBYIST SE SIKHEN".
We all love our Country and our DODOs. Period.

Bhadra

Country flag
The jawan at the lower rung pays the price for high handed brinkmanship from the higher ups from both sides, Army brass and PSU manufacturers. We lost so many jawans in Kargil because the higher ups weren't prepared; In the last moment, missiles had to be imported at a high cost, and jawans somehow salvaged spares from other Bofors guns to replace worn out parts. One Army higher-up allowed Barkha Dutt to walk right up to sensitive operational areas and broadcast from there and got more jawans killed. Is there any accountability for our guys lost? these Ajai Shuklas and HS Panags just want to throw muck at others. Which higher-up was punished for Kargil? everyone retired and got a plush flat in Aadarsh. Udhar bhi ghotala kar diya. Still calling others chor. They have stalled the Arjun and ATAGS for the sake of imported goods, and when war breaks out, they will say that the bureaucracy made us fight without proper equipment.

The govt. needs to send a message like they did to Avinash Chander and SP Tyagi. Just because someone pulls the trigger doesn't mean they get an overriding say in policymaking.
Reads like a Kanu Sanyal or Charu Majumdar rant and a call for revolt.

Bhadra

Country flag
Yes sir, sometimes I think the ABILITY TO THINK HOW WARS WILL BE FOUGHT 20 YEARS FROM NOW ON is not present in our army as well as netas and babus(well these last two are already lost cause).
They themselves don't know how indigenous weapons can be used as a diplomacy too as well as for advancement of science and jobs too.
How and from where have you learnt what war is ? How the wars are fought ? What will be the situation 20 years hence?
I think Indian universities nowadays run "War" lectures in the classes of Physics and Chemistry.
By the way - is that your subject ? Rahne do - tumse na ho paiga.
Why do not you better bother for your hammer and span.

Indians did fight their wars for thousands of years with "indigenous" weapons and got enslaved by everyone. Those indigenous weapons were shubbed up the Indian forces and kings everytime.

Bhadra

Country flag
Baba kalyani Said in one interview said that new piece of ATAGS which is in making shall be 2 tons lighter in weight.
Kalyani will do it, I am sure.
You know why?
Because the first step of doing something - "acceptance of a need to do something there being an existing problem" has been taken.

But there are politicians, trade unionist, abuser group here who do not know the difference between a Motor and Mortar but only know that Indian Army is Mercenary and Indian Generals are whisky lovers. They do not know that besides whisky they also love .............
Bloody Stupid losers.

Haldiram

Country flag
Reads like a Kanu Sanyal or Charu Majumdar rant and a call for revolt.
The political brass cannot revolt against its subordinate organization. The infantry sees one dimension of the battlefield. The policy makers have other sources of intelligence to keep them posted about other dimensions. The cost of giving in to import demands is that indigenous industry will never develop. The Congress has made that mistake several times.

Listen to Doval talking about vested interests who destroyed India's capacity to make weapons :

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Kalyani will do it, I am sure.
You know why?
Because the first step of doing something - "acceptance of a need to do something there being an existing problem" has been taken.

But there are politicians, trade unionist, abuser group here who do not know the difference between a Motor and Mortar but only know that Indian Army is Mercenary and Indian Generals are whisky lovers. They do not know that besides whisky they also love .............
Bloody Stupid losers.
Yes, I was the guy kehna toh siddha boliye bhai and you are the worst,aap ke se lag raha hai ki motor ya mortar ke bare mein jaante ho toh kya iska matlab kuch bhi import karoge bus ye bata ke" I know more about defence than you".
Gaali mat do sirji pehle bata raha hun,mera fuel khatam nahi hua hai.
JUST YOU JOINED DEFENCE DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE GOT A CERTIFICATE ON PATRIOTISM AND WEAPON FUTURE of this country.
I also serve my country my own way.

Last edited:

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Now you bring in ATHOS. You mean to say this man you are blaming is a member of DAC? Is he in selection committee?

No, he should not.
Who taught Science and Mathematics, philosophy and astronomy to Arabs, Persians and Greeks, Chinese and in SE asia? They were DRDO like Pundits / Brahmins. They were all mercenaries,,,,

Who ran the Muslim rule in India? Who were the scholars of Persian in India? All mercinary DRDO type Brahmins .. were not they ?
Who ran British rule in India ? Who were the English educated Babus ? DRDO type Brahmin and educated Babus, all right !!
Indian soldiers were always mercenaries but the best ones at that. No foreigners could have ever ruled India without the help of Indians themselves - that is not a revelation. The Bengal Native Army consisted of almost 1/4 brahmins of Ganga Jamuni - a la Mangal Pandey ... that was the extent upto which Indians could be forced to be mercenaries.

Government fills those stomachs very well from "Defense Budget" with thick pay and perks. That is the whole problems. If it was the question of stomach like western industry - we would have had the best of research and technology from DRDO.

But stomachs are filled and no one can "Lat Maro" ... Wahi to samasya hai. That is what is called being mercenaries - spending time of DFI rather than in research..

If Indians do not buy gold, no one will buy Indian gold. If Indian women do not adorn themselves with diamonds, diamonds will not sell in Amsterdam !! What an argument.

Right. The fault are being pointed out. Why not rectify those rather than come and do trade unionism here.

We all love our Country and our DODOs. Period.
Aur mai brahmin hun, mercinary nahi hoon. jaat pe mat aao bhaiya ji samjhe.
Can somebody stop this man, why he is going into caste of some community.
This is the logic this man is giving to my questions.
"India used indigenous weapon for thousands years that's why got enslaved".
Na, we got enslaved because of you IMPORT LOBBY.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Country flag
Pundit - brahmin actually is not a "Jat" - its part of Varna System - a division of labour system which classifies or puts all intellectual vocations as Brahmin or Pundits. You may sme Pandey, Tiwari some Joshi - that is "Jaat".

Actually Hindu scriptures define Brahmin as man who knows "Brahma". One who has "Gyan" of Brahma? Are you the one.
I knew your level and that you will accuse me for using the word "Brahmin"..

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
I have not came here to listen to this
BLOODY STUPID LOSER so please I want to go and converse in a respectful way, if you can't even take care of your juniors in this forum, what I can say more.
Pundit - brahmin actually is not a "Jat" - its part of Varna System - a division of labour system which classifies or puts all intellectual vocations as Brahmin or Pundits. You amy sme Pandey, Tiwari some Joshi - that is "Jaat".

Actually Hindu scriptures define Brahmin as man who knows "Brahma". One who has "Gyan" of Brahma? Are you the one.
I knew your level and that you will accuse me for using the word "Brahmin"..
Mine level is OK, you might had better wrote this too when you were writing.
Tell me a reason, a man who say TO SOMEBODY "BLOODY STUPID LOSER" is saying"I know your level".
Of course I will think like that.

Last edited:

Haldiram

Country flag
@Bhadra So many Indian scientists in NASA and other military-industrial complex are Indian expats. How come the end user in the US is not having any problems using weapons made by them? how come end user here (aka Indian Army and IAF) always have problems using weapons made by Indians.

The US end user pays handsomely for talent and then squeezes out maximum profit by selling the same products to others. Indian end-user squeezes talented people and tries to earn profits from importing goods from others.

It's because of this high handed and condescending attitude of the Army that the political brass refused to expedite INSAS and Bofors replacement. The country is looking to become a 10 trillion $ economy and build a manufacturing base in a decade. We can't import 10000 artillery guns and 500 Rafales no matter what doomsday scenario the end-user presents. The govt. has sanctioned stop-gap solutions, the rest will be manufactured in India with Indian joint ventures. You hate PSUs, you don't like Indian private companies as well. There's no reservation in private sector, what's your issue with Tata or L&T manufacturing weapons and create jobs here? Are you hell bent that all our weapons need to provide employment to some redneck in Texas.

Bhadra

Country flag
Ok let us go ATAGS..
Tell me "uski tang bhari kyon hai??"
Who has screwed it?

Bhadra

Country flag
@Bhadra So many Indian scientists in NASA and other military-industrial complex are Indian expats. How come the end user in the US is not having any problems using weapons made by them? how come end user here (aka Indian Army and IAF) always have problems using weapons made by Indians.
Because they wok their ass out there instead of Politics and Trade Unionism of a secured, guarnteed and reservationist job Understand the difference..

The US end user pays handsomely for talent and then squeezes out maximum profit by selling the same products to others. Indian end-user squeezes talented people and tries to earn profits from importing goods from others.
who has stopped you? You do not "sell" you "pello" your third class mal.

It's because of this high handed and condescending attitude of the Army that the political brass refused to expedite INSAS and Bofors replacement.
Wrong. Army's job is to ask. Rest all is hosh posh.

The country is looking to become a 10 trillion $ economy and build a manufacturing base in a decade. We can't import 10000 artillery guns and 500 Rafales no matter what doomsday scenario the end-user presents. The govt. has sanctioned stop-gap solutions, the rest will be manufactured in India with Indian joint ventures.
Make - who has stopped you all - Make? But make has to have some "value" which is obtained by "quality". If make does not generate "value" then it is called loss. Economy is build by value addition and not by accumulating loses like DRDO and OFB do.

You hate PSUs, you don't like Indian private companies as well. There's no reservation in private sector, what's your issue with Tata or L&T manufacturing weapons and create jobs here? Are you hell bent that all our weapons need to provide employment to some redneck in Texas.
All assumptions and accusations. Show me a single statement where I said or implied that.

Indrajit

Country flag
Ok let us go ATAGS..
Tell me "uski tang bhari kyon hai??"
Who has screwed it?
Question...is the additional 3 tonnes an insurmountable problem? Dies it create a major problem practically? Isn’t the additional range a reasonable trade off? Even if a lower weight is preferred, would it not make sense to try for that incrementally while ordering in batches?

Reactions: Kay

Articles