DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Azaad

Country flag
While this may seem funny today , the IN could well opt for the F-21 or the BlackSharks either off the shelf or in a JV with an Indian counterpart.

The why behind it can easily be answered by our upcoming war against China. You'd also have noticed all our FA squadrons irrespective of their country of origin now being paired with armaments from a whole different set of nations viz France , UK , Israel , Russia & obviously India where the MKI , the Mirages possibly the MiG-29 & the Jaguars will see such pairings especially the LCA which you're now seeing tested with new weapons for the usage as a domestic armament or some other imported armament preferably in a JV like the ASRAAM , from those afore mentioned countries.

In case of the LCA the objective is two fold viz to offer a greater set of offerings vis a vis armaments to a prospective buyer as well as ensure when the upcoming war with China happens our mfg output being only so much much of the replenishments would come from the west. We don't want to be caught with our pants down in such a scenario like we were in Kargil. Hence all such imported & domestic platforms will see such fitments. Keep an eye out for such developments.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
at some point in time in medium term, Indian defence industry too will become an exporter. Indian defence equipment vendors too will be charging for changes to their intellectual property. might as well get used to the idea that "this is a business".
=======
Won't be surprised if:
1. The bill has an € sign and 8-9 zeros in it.
2. An agreement is arrived on that bill while Tejas Mk2, AMCA, IMRH wait for funding, and LUH, LCH wait for orders.

I have nothing but admiration and respect for IAF/IA/IN. What I am pointing out is what happens when we become dependent on imports.

By the way, we already paid 1.7B euros for "India-Specific" changes on the Rafale. Obviously, they are on offer to all subsequent customers.
https://t.co/6rhNwGzg8w

DumbPilot

Country flag
No. There is no way to bypass it.

Yes. It is for check and balance as it all involves people money. But problem is with the people who carry out these check and balance.
So is there nothing in the system for allowing this process to be done by professionally competent people? I am sure there might be a lot of smart people who understand what is necessary and where

bhramos

Country flag
The can operate the autoloader manually but the problem is they can't store CLGM in the first place, there isn't enough space.
You need two part ammunition for all T-64 to T-14...CLGM is based on Western (LAHAT) single piece ammo.
this is also single piece ATGM. their are side racks to store extra ammo 3-5 in T-90/72.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
this is also single piece ATGM.
That's what I said...
CLGM is based on Western (LAHAT) single piece ammo
CLGM is based on LAHAT, a single long round not two-part stubby one used on Russian (and British too) tanks. Even the CLGMs like Invars used on T-72/90 are two part. So are the APFSDS.
their are side racks to store extra ammo 3-5 in T-90/72.
I know, but the problem is all those ammo racks are designed to store two part ammunition of T-72/90 which means none of the rack is more than 700mm in length; so in a single rack you can either store a single projectile or a single propellant charge. CLGM is 1000mm in length, how will you store that?
Screenshot_2023-07-26-09-26-39-83_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg

binayak95

Country flag
That's what I said...

CLGM is based on LAHAT, a single long round not two-part stubby one used on Russian (and British too) tanks. Even the CLGMs like Invars used on T-72/90 are two part. So are the APFSDS.

I know, but the problem is all those ammo racks are designed to store two part ammunition of T-72/90 which means none of the rack is more than 700mm in length; so in a single rack you can either store a single projectile or a single propellant charge. CLGM is 1000mm in length, how will you store that?
View attachment 216011
I love how war thunder has made the tank ammunition/internal picture so clear with their x-ray module picture

Chinmoy

Country flag
So is there nothing in the system for allowing this process to be done by professionally competent people? I am sure there might be a lot of smart people who understand what is necessary and where
There is a way. But it a looooooong and tedious process. There is no shortcut to deal with it.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Hikvision beat every other system evaluated.
World's largest surveillance state, that spends 24 hours, 365 days a year spying on every single human being in the country, making the best surveillance cameras is not so shocking. Unbeatable racist software in keeping track of every Uyghur, Falun gong activist or political undesirables in a virtually open range prison.

Articles