DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

charlie

Country flag
🤦‍♂️
Eat, Privatize, Repeat

I'm asking you just one question; name a single technologically significant R&D done by an indigenous company in India solely on their own...just one.

If you can then I too will start posting "privatize DRDO" once every two days here in this thread and if you can't then you'll stop this for once and all
Well lets not even go there.

I can write a lot of things but seems like waste of time as everytime some new guy comes and says the same thing, would be great if you read the forum or read what the Indian private industry does with their limited budget.

ready about this two company data patterns and VEM, only one does real R&D as of now, which one ?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Muh...114 gold plated Mrfa will counter PLA.
Total No of AMCA to be produced 200 total Mk2 (likely not possible) to be produced 200 total mk1A to be produced 83.
About 600 aircrafts till 2035 meanwhile PLA we will build better shit than all that before 2028
MRFA is dead, it is a sick joke GoI is playing on the Airforce like a dangling carrot in front of the donkey. We are going for LCA Mk1A and belated LCA Mk2 as our mainstay in Airforce.

If GoI was even 1% serious about entertaining the MRFA plan they would have done it before, or at least together with the Navy's carrier-based jet plan.

vishnugupt

Country flag
MRFA is dead, it is a sick joke GoI is playing on the Airforce like a dangling carrot in front of the donkey. We are going for LCA Mk1A and belated LCA Mk2 as our mainstay in Airforce.

If GoI was even 1% serious about entertaining the MRFA plan they would have done it before, or at least together with the Navy's carrier-based jet plan.
Nobody is playing sick joke with Generals. Our generals themselves are sick people.

Tell me single achievement of present AF general and single achievement of last 2 IA generals?? Absolutely Zero except Dalali.

Navy already started TAPAS trials with more changes in platform but IA and IAF siting idle from 6 months.

I can bet, Navy will complete Tapas trial 2 years before the IA and IAF.

Aniruddha Mulay

MRFA was always dead, no Govt is going to finance a $25-30 billion dollar fighter jet acquisition while keep equally important force multipliers on hold.
Despite the amount being spread out over multiple years, its still financially unfeasible.
The IAF has nobody to blame but itself for the delay in Tejas Mk2.
What was supposed to be a Tejas Mk1 with a 0.5m plug and a GE F414 engine capable of carrying 4500kg payload morphed into a Mirage 2000 class fighter jet.
20221125_135408.jpg

raju1982

Country flag
Drone hi drone ban rahe hai, par koi bhi production ready nahin hai.

Sab khayalii poolaooo hai
In next war with Pakis or Cheen if India wants to stay in fight only way is huge number of autonomous drones and cyber attacks on banking, transport and electric grids. IAF, IA and IN can not do that. We need drones in numbers.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I can write a lot of things but seems like waste of time as everytime some new guy comes and says the same thing, would be great if you read the forum or read what the Indian private industry does with their limited budget.
More than a decade here on DFI and still 1k messages...I think you should write a lot of things or otherwise some new guy will keep on blabbering here, anyways

> NoPo Nanotechnologies has definitely done something not done by any Indian firm but I was asking for defence related significant R&D; like a gun or missile system.

> Most of the products of VEM technology are vapourware and handful they actually are ToT from DRDO. There Jasmine/Asibal is MPATGM

> Same goes for Data Patterns, except for subcomponents and things like displays, most of the significant offerings are ToT. Their whole EW line-up is from DRDO.

And for sake of comparison this is the list of IP held by DRDO

AnantS

Country flag
More than a decade here on DFI and still 1k messages...I think you should write a lot of things or otherwise some new guy will keep on blabbering here, anyways

> NoPo Nanotechnologies has definitely done something not done by any Indian firm but I was asking for defence related significant R&D; like a gun or missile system.

> Most of the products of VEM technology are vapourware and handful they actually are ToT from DRDO. There Jasmine/Asibal is MPATGM

> Same goes for Data Patterns, except for subcomponents and things like displays, most of the significant offerings are ToT. Their whole EW line-up is from DRDO.

And for sake of comparison this is the list of IP held by DRDO
@charlie is himself involved in defence industry, especially on electronics side IIRC. He works in one of the prime world's manuf & supplier of secure communication eqpt. He isnt a newbie

The Shrike

Country flag
Muh...114 gold plated Mrfa will counter PLA.
Total No of AMCA to be produced 200 total Mk2 (likely not possible) to be produced 200 total mk1A to be produced 83.
About 600 aircrafts till 2035 meanwhile PLA we will build better shit than all that before 2028
Lol 600 aircraft by 2035? We'd be lucky to get 200-250 by then.

johnj

600 aircraft is doable if you are willing to double down on Tejas Mk1A and Mk2 with a limited order of Rafales.
Mk2 only arrive after 2033 and IAF never going to order more than 200 mk1 versions
If you double the order plus limited order of Rafale IAF may get 250 aircraft
During this period PLA AF gets around 2500 aircraft

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles