DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Fingers crossed but couldn't they have used Kestrel?
"Couldn't they have...(the third form of any verb)!?"

Always use this format for Indian MoD on your own risk, coz you'll be entering a void that has no return. You may become lunatic. Or schizophrenic. May even slit your wrist to relieve your pain.

Couldn't they have used Kestrel?
Couldn't they have ordered more Arjun?
Couldn't they have upgraded T-72/90?
Couldn't they have....

Blood+

Country flag
"Couldn't they have...(the third form of any verb)!?"

Always use this format for Indian MoD on your own risk, coz you'll be entering a void that has no return. You may become lunatic. Or schizophrenic. May even slit your wrist to relieve your pain.

Couldn't they have used Kestrel?
Couldn't they have ordered more Arjun?
Couldn't they have upgraded T-72/90?
Couldn't they have....
Well, yeah, except for Arjun - they took the right decision with Arjun.

Blademaster

Hope this is okay, posting here

Will this work? Feasible?
I do not think so. The added weight to the helmet will create neck issues for the user. The user would have to keep his head up straight to avoid putting pressure on the neck spine and muscles. The better idea is to create a battery belt or a battery vest and hook up the line to the helmet. You could do a conjunction of a battery vest with a cooling shirt and a cooling helmet. Or the simplest solution would be to create an A/C movable booth or install more traffic lights and cameras that will catch traffic rules breakers by capturing images of the license plates and issuing fines automatically. To avoid intentional damage, you can damage proof the cameras and further capture the images of people trying to damage the cameras.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
I do not think so. The added weight to the helmet will create neck issues for the user. The user would have to keep his head up straight to avoid putting pressure on the neck spine and muscles. The better idea is to create a battery belt or a battery vest and hook up the line to the helmet. You could do a conjunction of a battery vest with a cooling shirt and a cooling helmet. Or the simplest solution would be to create an A/C movable booth or install more traffic lights and cameras that will catch traffic rules breakers by capturing images of the license plates and issuing fines automatically. To avoid intentional damage, you can damage proof the cameras and further capture the images of people trying to damage the cameras.
How much does an ACH with mounted accessories weigh

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Let's see what we currently have in terms of air defence that can be easily integrated with fast moving battalions

1. Strela-10; slow and old system from 70s
2. Osa; heavy system again from 70s
3. Shilka; can be upgraded with modern FCS but low ammunition capacity and limited size of 23mm ammunition would bite you
4. Tunguska; more or less the ideal system we should have but they're old, unupgraded and perhaps more importantly needs to import each missile

Panstir type (I'm reiterating, type...not Pantsir) AD systems are the absolute necessity of an army where you have high calibre autocannon (so that you can use air-burst rounds in future) and missiles on a fast moving platform
Pantsir is basically an upgraded Tunguska . We do have all the ingredients to build one for us now with this new missile getting tested and in process of induction for shorads.

We got the medak twin barrel 30mm cannon . We also have 6 barrel AK 630 type for a heavier one.

Fingers crossed but couldn't they have used Kestrel?
Both are good option and should be used simultaneously. We have lots of old tank chassis or light tanks which we can use for mountain terrain where wheeled platform may have difficulty.

Tatra trucks are there too which we can use .

Only need right intention now.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Naah

We make 2A42 for the BMP-2s as Medak Gun, and also use the same as CRN 91, its RPM is 800
Tunguska and Pantsir uses 2A38 with RPM in excess of 2400
Don't we have license to produce them ?

I know they are derived from them But I thought they have modified with some tweaks and now it's OFB legit property or licensed produced.

800 RPM is pretty good . What abt AK 630 don't we have license to produce them ?

We also have license for L70 production.

Last edited:

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Don't we have license to produce them ?

I know they are derived from them But I thought they have modified with some tweaks and now it's OFB legit property or licensed produced.

800 RPM is pretty good . What abt AK 630 do we have license to produce them ?
Nope...as a rule of thumb if the number of deployed system is low then it's pretty much always imported.

We have license for 2A42 coz we're producing hundreds of BMP-2s. So we started making 2A42s as "30mm gun" and "CRN 91"

Similarly when we got licence to produce MiG-21s in large numbers we also got the same for its autocannon; GSh-23-2. So now we make that as "Ghasha Gun" (I know it's extremely cringeworthy, but OFB is OFB). This is the sole reason why we used GSh-23-2 on Tejas instead of anything else.

Other than that almost all auto-cannon are imported, including GSh-30s.

And as for rate of fire, 800 is good if you have speciality ammunition like air-burst or AHEAD or proximity fuzed...but if you simple HE or HE-I then you're RPM should be atleast more than 1200

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles