DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
So some of the specifications are:
1. Thrust: 24KG (Is this good?)
2. Fuel Consumption: 90KG/min (WTF, isn't this too high? Almost 5.4Ton/Hr!!!)
3. Speed: 30 m/s ~ 108 Km/Hr (good or bad?)
4. Payload: 5 KG(Isn't this too small? What roles is it suitable for?)
2nd point looks highly inaccurate
Rest of the poinsts are decent
Only role it can play is surveillance

Chinmoy

Country flag
Agreed but there are two points here which you can expand on, K9 are being used as no ther option, I disagree as additional orders lead to opposite conclusion, and the tweaks which were being talked about doesn't include a powerful engine at all, instead if IA behaviour is to be observed suggests that IA liked K9 in its present form enough. K9 hp/tonne is around 20.
I never said it would be equipped with a more powerful engine. I used the PWR rational for Tank vs Tank.
OTH, if it is fit as it is for high altitude deployment, why tweak it?

How RFI is tailor made for ATAGS, can you explain it?
https://www.iadb.in/2021/10/06/advanced-towed-artillery-gun-system-atags-know-the-new-gods-of-war/

I am attaching the RFI, Spec sheet of ATHOS and one news item for ATAGS. We are doing RR here regarding the < 15 ton PREFERENCE criteria. Lets see how many here do look at finer points which are actually SOUGHT rather then preferred in this RFI.

Attachments

Immanuel

Country flag
This year has been especially great for Indian Military aviation in general and IAF in particular from the point of view of flight safety.

Infact 2022 has been the safest year for Indian airforce over the past 25 years.

When it comes to fixed wing aircraft, there has been ONLY a SINGLE MiG-21 UM Type 69 crash on 29th July . Sadly two pilots attained veergati. And there hasnt been any other crashes of the fighter fleet.

The Indian Navy lost a MiG-29K over sea in Goa on 12th Oct. The pilot was unharmed.

So just two fighter crashes in 2022 considering the fact that each IAF pilot logs in 140-150+ hrs each year and the Tejas guys log in even more. Similar is the case for MiG-29K pilots. Unlike PAF, our jets aren't hangar queens which spend almost the entire time on ground.

So indeed it has been a fantastic year.
Actually IAF/ IN run through pilots through 250-270 flight hrs per year. This intense training is the reason why a lot of fighters need overhauls sooner.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
PTAE-7, the HAL manufactured Turbojet engine provided 380 kg.f or 3.2 kN thrust. 24kg.f means less then 1 kN thrust.
In all probability they meant HTFE which produces 25kN thrust. But its SFC is 30kg per minute against 90kg.
30kg per minute is both the liquid fuel plus air right?

Arpuster

Country flag
PTAE-7, the HAL manufactured Turbojet engine provided 380 kg.f or 3.2 kN thrust. 24kg.f means less then 1 kN thrust.
In all probability they meant HTFE which produces 25kN thrust. But its SFC is 30kg per minute against 90kg.
HTFE 25 will be heavier and bigger than the entire Garud drone so it will not be the case. In the past it was reported somewhere that HAL & NAL are working on some micro jet engines and may b they will be used.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
SFC is only for fuel. Air is not fuel, but oxidizer.
So, 30KG/min is 1.8 Ton/hr. For 6 hrs, that is 10.8 Tons just for fuel. Noice payload.

SFC for GE F404 is
  • Military thrust(48.9KN): (23 g/(kN⋅s)) = 67.5 KG/min
  • Full afterburner(78.9KN): (49 g/(kN⋅s)) = 231.9 KG/min
30kg/min for 25KN makes sense now. 90KG is just lol at this point.

The Shrike

Country flag
for now it's USP seems to be LIDAR.
View attachment 187745
Those numbers are funky - it's powered by a turbojet but has a max speed less than propeller RC aircraft? And is 50kg the weight of the whole aircraft or just the payload (my reading is it's the former). Ano no actual footage of it flying, only CGI? Doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Noice, range is 40KM but they want to go around India with only 3 stops.
BTW, is LIDAR good for surveillance in forest areas? IR would make more sense no?
Also what are those 2 bumps beside air intake? Communication antinnas?
Actually Lidar is the only viable solution for very dense forests and afaik IR as well as SAR aren't very effective at that.
Basically why LIDAR is effective for FOPEN

LiDAR has wide applications, ranging from atmosphere measurement to even seekers for PGMs and missile like LOCAAS
1672411009622.png

I hope Garuda has IR as well with LIDAR though.

kharabela

Actually Lidar is the only viable solution for very dense forests and afaik IR as well as SAR aren't very effective at that.

LiDAR has wide applications, ranging from atmosphere measurement to even seekers for PGMs and missile like LOCAAS
View attachment 187796

Lidar on a small drone going to be very effective in NE , J&K and against maoist areas . What needs to be seen is what price it is going to be .

WarmongerLSK

Country flag

View attachment 187796

yo FOPEN is awesome, solves precisely the issue I had in mind.
Still, I don't think this will be so effective unless the foliage is not thick, meaning, the LIDAR should be on top of the target. In that position, IR might be most effective. Think of the images from Rus-Ukr war, there were some videos where IR was being shown and the people were visible even in the forest. We won't need much processing for IR I think.

kharabela

Dawn all terrain vehicle of Daca War company .

Daca_2-1024x825.jpg

They have a recce gypsy on offer as well . which can carry multiple paalm 30 loitering munition

Other system include Ekalavya MRAP , Aerawat next generation logistic platform , Sanjeevani medical evacuation platform .

Look at Aerawat . A next generation logistic platform with 40mm canon and a triangular track powered by hydraulic motors .

Daca_7-1024x788.jpg

Articles