DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

abingdonboy

Country flag
If we BUY mq9 which I suppose will definitely happen after recent news we get to keep all data right we don't Have to share any data with usa?
It’s something no one has talked about until now in an official capacity but I’m 100% sure that all of the ground stations will be based in the US like existing Predators/Reapers, this is the RAF’s (British) Reapers:

Controlled from a USAF base near Las Vegas

the existing 2 leased MQ9s are entirely US controlled. Meaning that every mb of data is streamed (via US satellites) to US ground centres. After the gear is retracted they have basically no Indian (in india) in the loop and I’m also pretty sure that the ground crews in india are American contractors from the OEM.

MQ9 is a good system for the IN (the IA/IAF have other options) but one should be aware of what the procurement involves, it is far more than just buying something off the shelf, the US’s end user controls on their supplied equipment are eye watering

NutCracker

Country flag
Take this in writing today.

IA would ask for a service ceiling of 50k to 60k feet and they would be offered a -50k feet design.
Hmm Okay. They want RQ-4 tier HALE drone at one go.
While Chinese army will be inducting dozens of WingLoong10 that has below 50k ft service ceiling.
As Parrikar ji said Marvel Comics specifications. We have a very special army.

binayak95

Country flag
It’s something no one has talked about until now in an official capacity but I’m 100% sure that all of the ground stations will be based in the US like existing Predators/Reapers, this is the RAF’s (British) Reapers:

the existing 2 leased MQ9s are entirely US controlled. Meaning that every mb of data is streamed (via US satellites) to US ground centres. After the gear is retracted they have basically no Indian (in india) in the loop and I’m also pretty sure that the ground crews in india are American contractors from the OEM.

MQ9 is a good system for the IN (the IA/IAF have other options) but one should be aware of what the procurement involves, it is far more than just buying something off the shelf, the US’s end user controls on their supplied equipment are eye watering
We shall get back to this once the deal is signed, and I have pictures.

No comments right now.

binayak95

Country flag
Will wait for that then. Would be very happy to be wrong, my assessment is based on precedent

I’m still pretty sure they’ll have to make use of US satellites for NLOS ops
In present service, they have already made comms with IN ships and establishments using Rukmini, so unless the mission is beyond IOR (which also have happened) using US SATs is not necessary.

abingdonboy

Country flag
In present service, they have already made comms with IN ships and establishments using Rukmini, so unless the mission is beyond IOR (which also have happened) using US SATs is not necessary.
Does Rukmini have the capacity/bandwidth to handle >10 of these simultaneously for control and communications 24/7? Seems implausible that they won’t have to piggy back on US mil sats at some point- again I’m more than happy to be proven wrong.

until now all users of US MALE/HALE have bought off the shelf and basically used the existing US infrastructure for them

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
In terms of protection?
I see many areas uncovered by era plates
Only latest t-72 upgrade by us seems completely protected turret
I noob bro
@Blood+ ji @Bleh ji pls do clarify
I like that T-72/90 hybrid.. the Ajay already had better ERA layout & i frankly doubt that overhauling the whole hull won't add that much protection.
IMO much much more important is to widely make available better situational awareness tech & soft-kill APS from Arjun, and that infra-signature cloak.

binayak95

Country flag
Does Rukmini have the capacity/bandwidth to handle >10 of these simultaneously for control and communications 24/7? Seems implausible that they won’t have to piggy back on US mil sats at some point- again I’m more than happy to be proven wrong.

until now all users of US MALE/HALE have bought off the shelf and basically used the existing US infrastructure for them
Rukmini can handle entire PSC fleet and all airborne assets that the IN has at this point. Make what you will of it.

charlie

Country flag

I don’t know how the contract with India navy is but normally you can download the feed at battlefield SA or a ground centre locally it can get the feed directly off the radio, it doesn’t have to relay all the way to US ground centre in LV( the one that India uses the ground centre might be south of India) and then sent back to India.

I am not sure too vague memory but I read somewhere that the cameras on those are control by Indian ground stations, not sure maybe I am wrong

abingdonboy

Country flag
I don’t know how the contract with India navy is but normally you can download the feed at battlefield SA or a ground centre locally it can get the feed directly off the radio, it doesn’t have to relay all the way to US ground centre in LV( the one that India uses the ground centre might be south of India) and then sent back to India.

I am not sure too vague memory but I read somewhere that the cameras on those are control by Indian ground stations, not sure maybe I am wrong
The ground exploitation stations (what they are called in DRDO language) may very well be in India but the controllers are very unlikely to be

Articles