DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Dawn all terrain vehicle of Daca War company .

View attachment 187804

They have a recce gypsy on offer as well . which can carry multiple paalm 30 loitering munition

Other system include Ekalavya MRAP , Aerawat next generation logistic platform , Sanjeevani medical evacuation platform .

Look at Aerawat . A next generation logistic platform with 40mm canon and a triangular track powered by hydraulic motors .

View attachment 187805

Looks more like a company specializing in selling armored vehicles.

kharabela

yo FOPEN is awesome, solves precisely the issue I had in mind.
Still, I don't think this will be so effective unless the foliage is not thick, meaning, the LIDAR should be on top of the target. In that position, IR might be most effective. Think of the images from Rus-Ukr war, there were some videos where IR was being shown and the people were visible even in the forest. We won't need much processing for IR I think.
We have very dense forests . Needs to be reviewed in indian scenarios whether it ll be useful or not . I think IR might not show makeshift camps or any such infra .

Anandhu Krishna

So some of the specifications are:
1. Thrust: 24KG (Is this good?)
2. Fuel Consumption: 90KG/min (WTF, isn't this too high? Almost 5.4Ton/Hr!!!)
3. Speed: 30 m/s ~ 108 Km/Hr (good or bad?)
4. Payload: 5 KG(Isn't this too small? What roles is it suitable for?)
At best CRPF can use the Lidar for naxals and RR and JKP can use it for CT ops.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Then what were they developing for last decade and more .. When private industry even outsource a software , i see comments opposing it .
Apparently they did made all the systems for UAVs for this project, likely that they are not yet tested fully and might still lack on some parameters. So most likely initial lot will have Israeli stuff. Maybe the Helina situation where still not tested on LCH, similarly payload not tested since platform just recently proven and readymade sensors for faster delivery I guess. Your guess is good as mine.

1672439266723.png

1672439276195.png

1672439446449.png
1672439655462.png

Don't know about ELINT/COMINT payload for UAVs by Drdo.

All n all, ADE has pretty pathetic performance, first with the blunder in UAV field leading to greater than half a decade of lag and then same time lag or more wrt nirbhay which should have been the main effector of now rocket forces in making, literally 1k+ missiles of nirbhay. Even in regards to target drones, we continued to import mirach recently as lakshya were not deemed good enough for some of the forces needs.

Hope something happens that's all I'll say for now.

NutCracker

Country flag
PTAE-7, the HAL manufactured Turbojet engine provided 380 kg.f or 3.2 kN thrust. 24kg.f means less then 1 kN thrust.
In all probability they meant HTFE which produces 25kN thrust. But its SFC is 30kg per minute against 90kg.
Vajra with 25kN ?? wasnt def-expo model 1:1 , Even in video it looks pretty small . Its Shahed size drone.

kharabela

Dawn all terrain vehicle of Daca War company .

View attachment 187804

They have a recce gypsy on offer as well . which can carry multiple paalm 30 loitering munition

Other system include Ekalavya MRAP , Aerawat next generation logistic platform , Sanjeevani medical evacuation platform .

Look at Aerawat . A next generation logistic platform with 40mm canon and a triangular track powered by hydraulic motors .

View attachment 187805
Found some videos in their channel

Recce gypsy

EKLAVYA -Infantry Combat Vehicle

Articles