DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
1669486325625.png
1669486331966.png
1669486338715.png
1669486346356.png

Bharat ULH 155/52 cal at #DefExpo2022
"Rahul Bhilare, manager at KSSL, told Janes that the proof-firing trials of the MAG-ER are going on with the Indian Army, and the company is expecting an order from the service soon."

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 183983View attachment 183984View attachment 183985View attachment 183986
Bharat ULH 155/52 cal at #DefExpo2022
"Rahul Bhilare, manager at KSSL, told Janes that the proof-firing trials of the MAG-ER are going on with the Indian Army, and the company is expecting an order from the service soon."
So IA will purchase m-777 category gun from kalyani
Wow
Is someone reporting it

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Whats with all this sudden rona of foreign collaboration by foreign partners on AMCA on some unconfirmed interview by chief. Are we not already doing that for engine issue. What other tech does AMCA mk1 need which we can't possible develop or already haven't developed, only things I can think of is maybe defensive suites, data fusion system and HMD, and I am not sure if need help for the first two.
Or this another jumla for putting pressure on GOI by Chief for videshi fighter induction, gotta love their dedication, maybe MoD playing hard with IAF.
Whatever it is, such discourse by chief doesn't paints a good picture.
Iaf wants a foreign partner with amca not gonna happen

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Iaf wants a foreign partner with amca not gonna happen
I personally think foreign jv is required to jeet the timelines as our rnd is not so strong to develope niche techs in short time and certify it
We might foreign help as our industry is not that capable I feel
If anybody wants to bash me followed by banning then pls ignore it if u guys have different opinion 🙂

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Jane's is exactly as credible as the author of the article. They have spread rumours before.
Bro see not everyone is accurate everybody has their own shares of blunder but what we see is those who report atleast with 60% credibility or true events
Like everyone reported in August Phillipines buying alh and dornier in Sept but it didn't happen
I might have misunderstood

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I personally think foreign jv is required to jeet the timelines as our rnd is not so strong to develope niche techs in short time and certify it
If anybody wants to bash me followed by banning then pls ignore it if u guys have different opinion 🙂
No having different opinion isn't wrong my opinion just differs from yours that's it we need to setup this industry create an ecosystem so our future projects don't face such problems so I think its essential to go through this hard step to have a mature industry that's it

karn

Country flag
Bro see not everyone is accurate everybody has their own shares of blunder but what we see is those who report atleast with 60% credibility or true events
Like everyone reported in August Phillipines buying alh and dornier in Sept but it didn't happen
I might have misunderstood
Personally I don't believe anything out of defence news in India . I have been following defence news since LCA first flight lol.
You believe it 60% i believe it 0%. Everyone lies ADA lies HAL lies the IAF lies .
I put the Phillipines deal out of my head . Im just waiting of a tweet with the official acceptance by Phillipines govt .
Now coming down to the ULH .. how difficult do you think it is for kalyani to get Jane's to write this puff piece , so that brochure jernails from around the world start making enquires .. now watch as we will have articles in India about how x y country is interested in ulh .. but later absolutely nothing happens .

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Personally I don't believe anything out of defence news in India . I have been following defence news since LCA first flight lol.
You believe it 60% i believe it 0%. Everyone lies ADA lies HAL lies the IAF lies .
I put the Phillipines deal out of my head . Im just waiting of a tweet with the official acceptance by Phillipines govt .
Now coming down to the ULH .. how difficult do you think it is for kalyani to get Jane's to write this puff piece , so that brochure jernails from around the world start making enquires .. now watch as we will have articles in India about how x y country is interested in ulh .. but later absolutely nothing happens .
i swear after joining this forum as a normal civi with no clue about defence stuff in just few months my highly optimistic self is gonna be lost forever

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Except for the engine, What exactly does a foreign OEM has to offer to India which India does not already have or is in the process of being developed??

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Except for the engine, What exactly does a foreign OEM has to offer to India which India does not already have or is in the process of being developed??
Bribe for Dalals :)

Literally, nothing else. "Proven capabilty" is just hogwash, If DRDO can develop it it will be just as proven as any other system. No aircraft has seen serious peer-peer combat in decades.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag

Have we learnt anything at all from Ukraine War.
Lol, now this stupid blanket statement again from IAF chief while simping for foreign fighter that too a 4+gen plane, had it been a 5th gen it would have been understandable but alas they don't like su57 and no one else would give their 5th gen to IAF, ofcourse there's some truth to it, but how about we see the advantages of UAV and how they bring huge asymmetry if used correctly instead of just labelling them of no use.
There are two countries from which we can learn if we really want to, one is IRAN in case of cheap high impact UAVs and loitering munitions, other is CHINA in case of high end novel systems. I am quite sure that both have taken a strategic decision quite a time ago to focus on unmanned capability to gain advantage compared to adversaries.

Quite a few good arguments given in the video

And doesn't IAF chief has confidence of highly degrading Pakistani air defenses in first quarter of the war, after which UAVs will be able to lessen the burden on manned assets and they can be reserved for high end missions.

UAVs have limited impact in a Warzone, and I was thinking we'll be stone aging the Pakistan Air defenses but the IAF chief seems to think otherwise, I didnt knew Pakistan was so strong in air defenses, pun intended.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Bribe for Dalals :)

Literally, nothing else. "Proven capabilty" is just hogwash, If DRDO can develop it it will be just as proven as any other system. No aircraft has seen serious peer-peer combat in decades.
I don't wanna sound like an dick but current iaf chief dosent bring me any confidence his interviews are more dipressing to watch god knows what will come out of his mouth next dosent want uavs dosent want indegenous jet is totally against theaterization being the sole reason for its delay hope the 3 months of time given by new cds brings some results now can anyone tell me when do iaf chief gets replaced?

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
i swear after joining this forum as a normal civi with no clue about defence stuff in just few months my highly optimistic self is gonna be lost forever
when i joined this server my old nibba self thought india was a world class army with m4a1 and car 816 as standard,now all i want is para sf and rr to have standarized uniforms

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
when i joined this server my old nibba self thought india was a world class army with m4a1 and car 816 as standard,now all i want is para sf and rr to have standarized uniforms
When I joined all I knew is we had an capable army and one of my uncle was in nsg so I knew it was a thing that's it lol literally had 0 knowlege about defence still at around 1% but well Better than 0 I suppose

Global Defence

New threads

Articles