DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The sole purpose of MoD/DAC/CCS is not to get the required equipment for the armed forces... but to see to it that the laid down procedure(DPP) gets followed... whether it ends up with any purchases or not is irrelevant.

The process matters more than the end result... & when the process concludes without any acquisition(2/3rd times in past 2 decades)... then a new process gets initiated... & the vicious cycle continues.

The preparedness of 3 forces continues to suffer.
that's a perception. fact is, no academic study done that is available in public domain, which analyses where acquisitions are getting stuck.
but since there is a constant churn in procurement rules in past 5-6 years, we have to assume GoI knows internally what's wrong hence the experimentation.

we have to note, military has a say in discourse, industry has a say in discourse but babus have no say in the discourse. because of the imbalance in the discourse, discourse ends up putting blame entirely on babus.

this is an extension of something i had theorised some time back.

This shows what a difference one good factually sound explainer can do to a particular topic, in this case Rohit vats video on Ladakh ranges. what ever answers people were looking for is there somewhere in that video.

In contrast look at the ruckus created on SM by a few retired jernails about the same topic, whatever they communicated and the way they communicated made people go nuts.

I am calling this the OSINT “null ignorance phenomenon”.

1 1 1 1 1
——————————
0 0 0 0 0

Here goes my hypothesis:
If the OSINT data available for analysis is represented by binaries of zero and one, and OSINT expert based on one’s expertise tends to focus on one dataset in this case some of the “1” because they are sniffed out, they are sniffed out because that’s what their training or algorithm is looking for. In the same dataset rest of the 0s are ignored.

But as we all know it takes all the 1s and 0s to get the complete picture, this ignorance of rest of 0s or nulls can be termed as “null ignorance phenomenon”.

result of this phenomenon is that the since only the 1s are presented as the complete data, focus tends to remain on the data presented i.e 1s. any analysis that is based on this set of data presented tends to remain inconclusive.

Hence recognising whether any set of data present by an OSINT analyst or a group of OSINT analysts has an element of “null ignorance” is key to deciding whether the published data is wholesome, or needs further interpretation and analysis by someone who recognises the missing elements of the data presented.

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
I guess a good solution for IA would be to split their AD guns requirement between towed and mounted, just use L&T sudarshan CIWS for both, it's more than enough with programmable ammo for the role envisaged. I think that IA will be better of with like 60 to 70 percent mounted AD guns of total order.
Here's an example, just mount Sudarshan on a 6*6 HMV, could also be used for ground targets, we can also integrate missiles with sudarshan in future if IA needs. Then again Serbs make practical weapons. The system is PASARS-16
1669207351050.png

1669207407376.png

jai jaganath

Country flag

Srinie

Country flag
I guess a good solution for IA would be to split their AD guns requirement between towed and mounted, just use L&T sudarshan CIWS for both, it's more than enough with programmable ammo for the role envisaged. I think that IA will be better of with like 60 to 70 percent mounted AD guns of total order.
Here's an example, just mount Sudarshan on a 6*6 HMV, could also be used for ground targets, we can also integrate missiles with sudarshan in future if IA needs. Then again Serbs make practical weapons. The system is PASARS-16
View attachment 183449now
Their heart is set on Skyshield system nothing will deter them for now.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
View attachment 183449
View attachment 183451

Even a better platform is available from AL.

Ashok Leyland - Aapki Jeet. Hamari Jeet.

1669218074113.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles