DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I’ve always had this question lingering in my head, i and many of us here have this notion that all the Tatra trucks assembled/made by BEML are Left Hand Drive, but once when I expressed my frustration regarding this on this thread, @Saumyasupraik corrected me and pointed out that some of them are indeed Right Hand Drive.
So essentially how does this work, why are some of them Left Hand Drive and some Right? I don’t think it’s by date of manufacture as even the latest one’s made by BEML during the pandemic based on their PR video(a 360* of the cabin) showed that it was a Left Hand Drive variant. So I’m very confused regarding this.
Could someone please clarify how this works and if they have any insight?
9B657592-891C-4BF1-B896-4A803672D375.png
EC00D7D3-9181-47FA-8E0A-50AFEC61912E.png
View attachment 176669
970AE5AD-005A-40EF-8D9A-13E4C7187AC4.png

E04ABAF5-1B5E-4705-BD93-6A663CDDFA23.png

Video was originally posted a couple of years ago on YouTube.

karn

Country flag
View attachment 176707

@Blademaster you provided a useful information,max range of shourya is 1800 km
I think in public it was claimed that the shaurya had a 1800km range with reduced payload . When this missile first came out a lot was made of its in atmosphere flight profile .
This is also the reason that the Chinese believe that the 5000km of Agni5 is understated.
I believe the A5 also has a quasi ballistic mode.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

“Alright, let me share some unequivocally 'good' news with you:
1. The tender for import of 155 mm/52 caliber howitzers has been scrapped with the file being closed.
2. Internal Army modalities for the procurement of 150 indigenous ATAGS howitzer units have been fast-tracked.”
-Saurav Jha

Srinie

Country flag
I have a question didn't we licence manufacture 105 mm 52 calibre British L7 gun for Vijayanta MBT. Has the ordnance factory board no ability to even archive such designs. Can't DRDo OFB private companies modernise the L7 that we need to import the Cockerill 105 mm turret

omaebakabaka

I’ve always had this question lingering in my head, i and many of us here have this notion that all the Tatra trucks assembled/made by BEML are Left Hand Drive, but once when I expressed my frustration regarding this on this thread, @Saumyasupraik corrected me and pointed out that some of them are indeed Right Hand Drive.
So essentially how does this work, why are some of them Left Hand Drive and some Right? I don’t think it’s by date of manufacture as even the latest one’s made by BEML during the pandemic based on their PR video(a 360* of the cabin) showed that it was a Left Hand Drive variant. So I’m very confused regarding this.
Could someone please clarify how this works and if they have any insight?
I wonder if some of them actually make difference in some sectors along the himalayan range being lhd vs rhd? Pure speculation....

ShukantC

Country flag
Indian defence major Kalyani Group to set up the world’s largest artillery manufacturing facility in India, capable of producing one gun per day. Capital investment already done. Operational in 2025.

I really hope he gets his return in full as this is quite a capital intensive project. I would really despise the government/armed forces if they don't provide ample opportunities to companies like these who are giving there all to make a suitable infrastructure in the country that'll benefit the country in the years to come

Articles