DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
more & more screwdriveres :doh:
Every tom dick and harry wants to build drones which nobody wants, in todays day and age any startup idea centred around UAVs is considered a joke and here we have well established firms doing this shit, and that too in the defence sector.

Maniac@666

Country flag

Every tom dick and harry wants to build drones which nobody wants, in todays day and age any startup idea centred around UAVs is considered a joke and here we have well established firms doing this shit, and that too in the defence sector.
Building drones is ok but why nobody wants to become DJI of Bharat? They could have earned much more by supplying to civilian market's & export than to military.

johnj

It says it can engage targets at ranges greater than 15km which makes 15 the min range
No, its maximum range, insisted of ''upto'', drdo using ''ranges great than'' to hide exact maximum range, maximum range exceeds 15 kms, around 20 to 40km.
Its srsam, not mrsam. its min range is classified & i guess around .3/.5 km.
Srsam maximum range greater than 15km.

flanker99

Country flag
No, its maximum range, insisted of ''upto'', drdo using ''ranges great than'' to hide exact maximum range, maximum range exceeds 15 kms, around 20 to 40km.
Its srsam, not mrsam. its min range is classified & i guess around .3/.5 km.
Srsam maximum range greater than 15km.
I have not seen them use this kind of round about way to talk anywhere else....I've never said its mrsam but the doubts still remain about its max and min range all ur figures are just guesswork

AnantS

Country flag
Building drones is ok but why nobody wants to become DJI of Bharat? They could have earned much more by supplying to civilian market's & export than to military.
no pvt corp can manuf camera modules, gyros as of now. Once you have various COTS being manufactured here - then It would be matter of time, for such corps to get est.

omaebakabaka

So we know the min range is 15km but not the max range ...anyway barak 8 has a min range of 500m so this seems like a downgraded
any actual footage of it intercepting at minimum range? 500m sounds like a very very edge requirement that is practically useless. Kamikaze drones have to be shot down differently as barak 8 is an overkill and not a antidote

omaebakabaka

I have not seen them use this kind of round about way to talk anywhere else....I've never said its mrsam but the doubts still remain about its max and min range all ur figures are just guesswork
Fair to say it will be similar to Pantsir SM range?

johnj

Yes.
Funny thing is its srsam, means its designed to destroy target in b/w ciws & mr sam, that is in b/w 2.5km to 25km. Barak 8 lrsam range in b/w .5~3 km to 70~90km. barak 1 qr-srsam range 0.5–12 km. Sea skimming missile are very hard to trach, and only targeted in less than 10~20 km. If srsam min range is 15km, then its mostly useless against vlo sea skimming target.

Articles