DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Since you are in the know , why not show us the proof for the same by taking 4-5 cruise missiles as examples

Anyone can post a one liner (yes/no) but important and difficult thing is in providing the details with proofs

Kalibr with same sequence.

Tomahawk, starts at 3:20

Im pretty sure most cruise missiles of vertically launched type, with stub wings, work like that only.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
I know thats an ASAT launch. My point was its done only and only to engage Sr71/MiG25/U2 class of bird going at near 90k feet.

And watch the FPP audio on your own. Dont really have time
Nope wrong.

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/fox...and-shoot-down-an-sr-71-mach-3-spy-plane/amp/

I have this book , SR-71 Beyond the secret missions by Paul F Crickmore where this Soviet Major Mikhail describes how to intercept a SR-71.

The MiG climbs to 20000 metres and then launch the missile. He doesn't do any pitch up manuever.

And let me mention once again, I have watched Harish Masand's FPP episode and haven't come across any such snippets.
Thats why I asked you to give me the exact interval where he mentions that.

EDIT- Watched the FPP. At 39:30-40:00, he says snapping up your missile or something like that while intercepting a Sr-71 or a MiG-25.
Even he doesn't have any definitive idea because IAF never practised it.

The highest he says he flew was at 16 km altitude.
The definitive account was from that Soviet Major about which is mentioned in the the Paul F Crickmore book .

Last edited:

Aniruddha Mulay

What are its major upgrades over pinaka mk1 ?
Depends on whether is guided or unguided, if its Guided then its CEP is <40m, if its unguided then its simply a range extension.
There are quite a few Pinaka versions:
Pinaka Mk1: 37.5km
Pinaka Mk1 Enhanced: 45km
Pinaka Mk2: 60km
Pinaka Mk2 ER: 90km
Guided Pinaka: 80km

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Depends on whether is guided or unguided, if its Guided then its CEP is <40m, if its unguided then its simply a range extension.
Wait, isn't Pinaka Mk2 ER = Guided Pinaka?

pipebomb

Country flag
Did drdo released specific mods carried between mk1 and mk1 enhanced

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Here's the full article
And according to it, GSQR has now been formed, so on what specs was DRDO making light tank, imo most likely similiar to type 15 tank and hence very less likely to be amphibious cos being amphibious itself puts a lot of roadblocks towards effective Armor design.

Anyone here to bet that DRDO light tank might get cancelled even if it's the same as type 15.
Where are they going to find a light tank with amphibious, only nation i know is china and that too are assault gun platform not light tank.

Another important point being that K9 based light tank has been junked.

Srinie

Country flag
Here's the full article
And according to it, GSQR has now been formed, so on what specs was DRDO making light tank, imo most likely similiar to type 15 tank and hence very less likely to be amphibious cos being amphibious itself puts a lot of roadblocks towards effective Armor design.

Anyone here to bet that DRDO light tank might get cancelled even if it's the same as type 15.
Where are they going to find a light tank with amphibious, only nation i know is china and that too are assault gun platform not light tank.

Another important point being that K9 based light tank has been junked.
Ahh specifications nautanki is back . Most probably a tank is being readied for import

omaebakabaka

Anybody here to call bullshit on this like the same enigmantic 120km pinaka variant
🤡 which has been in development like forever. Or someone has a source. Anyway, hell no you are going to make a 214mm rocket fly 250km.
Next China will deploy irbm and icbm artillary lol

350 km will give plenty of time for AD's to detect and intercept as long as you have cheap AD's to employ....heck even himars and grads are being intercepted in Ukraine now

Articles